Spike760

Dir en grey

Ew.

Seriously, no. The whole idea about ApocalypticaXdiru tour is stupid as fuck, but this is a whole new level. Apo. looks pathetic and Kyo sounds awful. (Kyo's my fav singer ofalltimeblahblah, but crappy shit is crappy)

Also, Kyo looks sosoosooo petite compared to those Finns it's not even cute.

Ew.

Seriously, no. The whole idea about ApocalypticaXdiru tour is stupid as fuck, but this is a whole new level. Apo. looks pathetic and Kyo sounds awful. (Kyo's my fav singer ofalltimeblahblah, but crappy shit is crappy)

omg kyo is not kawaii desu ne when he is singing with a finnish band! he looks so tiny that's not kawaii desu ne! i don't like non asian playing music with asian ppl D: i don't want kyo to be known around the world 'cuz he's doing a song with apocalypshit! nonono!

... seriously... a tour of apoXdiru is stupid as fuck!? hey... so msiXdiru tour was what? face it, you find pathetic the idea of asian with non asian playing together, that's all.

OMG Apocalyptica let a kid go onstage with them D: Oh wait...nvm it's just Kyo the midget.

XD you've made my night

... seriously... a tour of apoXdiru is stupid as fuck!? hey... so msiXdiru tour was what? face it, you find pathetic the idea of asian with non asian playing together, that's all.

Wrong.

ApoxDiru is stupid because they just don't mix. Not because it's oh.my.gawd.myfavjapbandthatgivesmehnosebleeds X eeew some Europian cello freaks but because it's symphonic cello metal X ....you know what.

You obviously think I'm a 13yr old fangirl that doesn't want her kawaaaii/omg so different band get commercial. Well no.

Also, msiXdiru was different. They were both on that Kerrang tour with plenty of other bands, not like it was their own. But yeah,a st00pid mix anyway.

I don't think that's harmful at all.

Just some stage collabo, every artists does that.

It doesn't matter with genres either,

i believe both parties had enjoyed their coupling tour.

They seems get along well, which is nice to see, you know.

I really hate it when some western bands acting like they're everything Asians/Afro/Latinos can't be on stage. Even if they're that, the impact will be more meaningful if somebody else doing the complimentary, not themselves.

..., maybe they did some coke behind the stage together as well :P

music is universal. It suppose to bring unity in diversity,

than the opposite. Don't waste time with putting music into many boxes. No wonder the last Woondstock became a chaos,

cos too many peoples there that think only their fave band/artist good and all else just pile of shit, you know.

music is universal. It suppose to bring unity in diversity,

than the opposite. Don't waste time with putting music into many boxes. No wonder the last Woondstock became a chaos,

cos too many peoples there that think only their fave band/artist good and all else just pile of shit, you know.

Totally. I'm just sayin I didn't like it - like I thought I wouldn't. I mean, you always expect something, still, that doesn't mean you are narrow minded and full of prejudices. After all, I like Apo. .___.''

Also, I think accepting positive comments only is plain stupid.

I also think the Diru/apocalyptica tour is just retarded. They should tour with bands that make remotely the same kind of music so they would get some recognition in those circles. Also that clip was terrible, 90% of the fault goes to Kyo. But it doesn't matter, it's over and done with, and i don't think anyone lost sleep over it. Bitching over pointless things is fun, i'll return when the new album come out!

Signed by a person whose favorite band is Dir en grey

They really should tour with bands with a fan-base compatible to their own; but I don't know much about Apocalyptica, so I wouldn't know if they were a good fit or not...

Anyway, I'm so impatient for the next album to come out! :rawk:

Signed by a person whose favorite band is Dir en grey

I am sorry, but that is not true at all.

Ew.

omg kyo is not kawaii desu ne when he is singing with a finnish band! he looks so tiny that's not kawaii desu ne! i don't like non asian playing music with asian ppl D: i don't want kyo to be known around the world 'cuz he's doing a song with apocalypshit! nonono!

You are a very awesome person.

People are retarded here, it's depressing. Bands tour with other bands of different styles to reach out to different people. It's why bands play festivals. When I saw the band in Boston, I talked to multiple Apocalyptica fans that raved about Dir en grey's performance. After I saw them around the bands merch booth buying shirts, dvds and cds. Stuff like this does pay off, and yes, there will always be people who just don't like DEG and are there for their fav band, but there will always be people with an open mind to music...unlike most people on this board.

I find it quite funny that YOU of all on this forum call people retarded. It's just hilarious.

I find it quite funny that YOU of all on this forum call people retarded. It's just hilarious.

you're too cute. If I'm not mistaken you have posted under a different name before. And if you are who I think you are, your statements become laughable.

Wtf seriously ?

I am very open mided, it's up to you guys who don't want to see the point in my posts, but stamp a ''retarded fangirl'' stamp when you don't like my opinion.

This was pretty much my point :

They should tour with bands that make remotely the same kind of music so they would get some recognition in those circles. Also that clip was terrible, 90% of the fault goes to Kyo.

Discussing is about hearing different opinions and deliberating them.

Anyway, this argue has nothing to do with diru, and it will become a ridiculous bunch of personal insults.

I very well understood your position, and I disagreed with it because:

bands try to reach out to different people and not just one projected market. Dir en grey does not want to appeal to BR00TAL SCENE METAL KIDZ and they don't want to appeal to "metalheads" or vk fans. they just want to appeal to everyone, thus why they tour with different bands.

And you say bands should only play with other bands that are similar to them, then why the hell do bands play festivals? lol!

bands try to reach out to different people and not just one projected market. Dir en grey does not want to appeal to BR00TAL SCENE METAL KIDZ and they don't want to appeal to "metalheads" or vk fans. they just want to appeal to everyone, thus why they tour with different bands.

And you say bands should only play with other bands that are similar to them, then why the hell do bands play festivals? lol!

Not only with similar bands.

In order to appeal to everyone, you do have to be recognizable in your genre's circle first. That way, when you tour with very different (and much more well-known !) bands, you will be remembered as ''DIR EN GREY'', and not ''those weird japs''. Which is exactly what happened now.

OMG Apocalyptica let a kid go onstage with them D: Oh wait...nvm it's just Kyo the midget.

XD you've made my night

Not only with similar bands.

In order to appeal to everyone, you do have to be recognizable in your genre's circle first. That way, when you tour with very different (and much more well-known !) bands, you will be remembered as ''DIR EN GREY'', and not ''those weird japs''. Which is exactly what happened now.

erm...that's not quite how it works. Your logic behind such a thought process is also slightly flawed:

Dir en grey has reached such heights thus far because they refuse to be labeled. The media buys into it and regurgitates everything that they're trying to achieve as a band. That is what ultimately gets them recognized. Merely fitting a certain niche / market / genre will not make them stand out when they tour with more famous bands, instead it would have the opposite. Say Dir en grey wanted to cash in on the metalcore scene kid craze, then any band they tour with that is not a metalcore /deathcore / scenecore / whatever core band will think of them as "just another _____core band".

Their refusal to not be categorized / defined is what has really brought people's attention. What would have more of an impact: THAT JAP BAND, or "another _____Core / whatever band"? The question's answer is implied, and it's the former. Music that is defined as "___core, death metal, pop, rock, country, etc." largely goes through phases and their popularity fluctuates (i.e. the band LOUDNESS who were popular for 1 year and now play bars and rarely tour the US), but a band that refuses to be defined / can not be stands out the most and gets the most attention. Dir en grey have been going off of this alone, that's what has brought them to this point, not being defined.

Dir en grey gets INCREDIBLE praise in the media and within the music industry, and there's a reason for it.

Well I kinda agree with you now but I think they aren't big enough to act like that.

I think they really didn't get enough attention in order to be remembered anywise. Those much bigger bands overshadow them. Big time.

I mean, do you remember Family Values ?? Those Korn fans were just standing there, bored-to-death, not moving AT ALL. And there was diru doing an amazing job on stage, with all that bleeding-Kyo shit.

And the crowd was only waiting for them to come off the stage. Sad. If I had emotions, I'd cry. It was one of those awkward moments when somebody embarrass themselves so much even you feel the same way.

So, yeah : of course, but not yet.

Well that was really only due to Kyo's terrible performances in 2006 - 2007. When they played FVT, Rock Im Ring, ROCK am park, wacken open air, kyos voice was destroyed because he thought "hey if I just scream randomly it'll be brutal". It takes time for the vocal cords to be able to handle screaming, thus that period where he sucked, his body was repairing itself.

Lately their performances at places such as Sonisphere, Metaltown, and others has proven to be good for the band, but then again they're in a transition phase with creating better material which is going to take some time (their stuff from MOAB is only ok and doesn't really attract new audiences) to release.

Now that Kyo's screaming is phenomenal (went from whispering gutturals like on UROBOROS to legitimate screaming gutturals which are borderline pig squeals), and his clean vocals have gone through a ton of improvement, the band is ready to start getting themselves back out there. I predict more co-headline tours in the future to further emphasize that, and even possibly more popular festivals to attract bigger crowds. At pretty much every tour they've done recently in support of a band (Apocalyptica, MSI on the kerrang tour, etc) has resulted in nothing but good, so they have what it takes to attract more people, but the method of doing such and the condition of Kyo has yielded mixed results. And by method of doing such, I mean they go on too many headline tours and don't attract any new fans. If their target is to get more fans, they're not doing it right.

What the hell are you guys talking about? That's the first time EVER that Kyo actually sounded good on a live video. That's the kind of music Kyo should do. He doesn't fit Dir en grey at all. Uroboros would be infinity times better with someone else.

What the hell are you guys talking about? That's the first time EVER that Kyo actually sounded good on a live video. That's the kind of music Kyo should do. He doesn't fit Dir en grey at all. Uroboros would be infinity times better with someone else.

What in the world are you on about? Not that I don't think he sounds good there as well, but go listen to the Budokan lives for example, their latest DVD, Kyo sounds pretty damn great these days. Compared to before. Compared to what you seem to dig, he sounds like a choir of angels.

I haven't payed attention to their lives, because 5 Ugly Kingdom and It Withers and Withers are really terrible. Haven't watched any new videos lately.