Spike760

Dir en grey

MARROW was actually the album that got me back to diru. I hadn't been listening them in years and just happened to see their album being sold in a store. I picked it up as it's really not that common to see vk or japanese music on sale here. Loved the album and I probably still rank it among my top favourites of diru. I feel like the gazette might have been aiming for something similar with their DOGMA

i still stan arche very hard, its just soooooooo fucking good. like i cant find issues with it as easily as dss/uroboros but i love those two a lot more

but if there's any introduction to modern diru, its arche HANDS down.

On 09/04/2016 at 9:59 PM, orange~ said:

MARROW was actually the album that got me back to diru. I hadn't been listening them in years and just happened to see their album being sold in a store. I picked it up as it's really not that common to see vk or japanese music on sale here. Loved the album and I probably still rank it among my top favourites of diru. I feel like the gazette might have been aiming for something similar with their DOGMA

MARROW actually turned me off the band for a few months the first time I heard it. I wasn't a big metal fan back then, and its raw, unrelenting aggression confused and shocked me. I had to give it another couple of shots before the album clicked with me.

Arche is the best DEG album imo, followed by DSS. The atmosphere of Arche as a whole, it's painful but every song is so beautifuly melodic, that makes it the top album for me. I know it's a lot more mellow compared to the other releases of the band, but I don't get why people seem to hate it so much.  It's like the band went in a different direction while keeping their essence, I really appreciate that.

I don't think it's bad at all. It's definitely a nice break from the gloom that DEG spiralled into in the DSS era. There's a mix of darkness, beauty, complexity, and strangely, playfulness. We haven't had fun songs like Cause of Fickleness and Chain Repulsion for quite a while.

Hey there everyone!

I'm looking for an hardcore dir en grey fan who can help me with some questions I have about DEG's DVDs and general merchandise, do you think anyone could help me? :grin:

^ask them here, you might get a reply back

also, im insanely excited for where diru go with this upcoming single, they're becoming better and better so who knows what cool new style they go in omfg jkHASJJLGHSL

6 hours ago, Saishu said:

YOU'RE SNOOZEFEST MATERIAL FIGHT ME BRO!!!

turn on your location bro!!!!!!!!

Nah but for real i hate how much i dislike ARCHE.

Its just boring....

On 11.4.2016 at 4:31 PM, Nowhere Girl said:

MARROW actually turned me off the band for a few months the first time I heard it. I wasn't a big metal fan back then, and its raw, unrelenting aggression confused and shocked me. I had to give it another couple of shots before the album clicked with me.

Yea that was my initial reaction at first as well. when I was just a small kid, I remember how even ZAN was too aggressive lol But MARROW grew on me and I actually got into western death metal, etc. afterwards as diru made my tolerance grow.

I think I need to give ARCHE a new try seeing all these positive opinions. Didn't like it too much when it was first released...

"About the VULGAR tour in June. Kyo said they will play songs from the past, but not the same way as in the past, they will not simply try to relive the past. He also mentioned he’s very eager to play new songs. The work on new songs is going really well, but if they will play them in June depends on other DIR EN GREY members."

http://kyotakumrau.tumblr.com/post/142608379207/20160410-gasou-talk-event

mostly pertains to sukekiyo/kyo stuff but there's a bit in the end about diru's vulgar tour.