Spike760

Dir en grey

I mean I can get over that, considering Kyo wants to be metal's Franz Kafka. But it is just so awfully played. And so old. The most offensive thing to me is that Shinya didn't improve a bit for 6 years now. But I had enough share of that guy now anyway.

I'd loved to see Kaishun or Cause Of Fickleness. (That would not have been a Cause of Fuckingstress... ok that was bad :D)

Hahaha nice try though ; )

I'm tired of Hage too.

I think it especially pales in comparison to songs from Arche. Still really impressed with the album (although, placement of some songs still bothers me..)

kaoru baby stop crying

jks

what a killer look i love it

toshiya ages like fine wine oh my god

@tim_tronckoe please retire thx, incredibly ugly talent devoid shit

Kyo looks atmospherically tragic, tho

Die, Toshiya and Shiniya clearly aren't even there for this bullshit

thx for having a SSecond of relevance in Belgium tho

hint: sometimes bands look better without any photoshop at all, just literally invest into some portable extra lighting , "finest Belgium rock photographer".

@tim_tronckoe please retire thx, incredibly ugly talent devoid shit

Kyo looks atmospherically tragic, tho

Die, Toshiya and Shiniya clearly aren't even there for this bullshit

thx for having a SSecond of relevance in Belgium tho

hint: sometimes bands look better without any photoshop at all, just literally invest into some portable extra lighting , "finest Belgium rock photographer".

im reporting u

Die sort of looks like Hazuki.

And I'm getting Heeecka WTD era look from Kyo.

I'm sorry, but Kaoru kinda looks like he got his eyes punched. I'm on mobile tho so the pic is kinda small :P

im so UPSET that im the only person LIVING for the pic whatever haters go listen to royz! dir en grey 4ever

I thought id weigh in a bit on the whole Shinya thing. Shinya is not a bad drummer by any means imo. I think that he has a very unique style and on studio, he shines very well and blends in well with the rest of the band. The issue lies with him live. And its a matter of him simply not practicing.

im reporting u

Don't even bother. The mods have probably gotten countless reports of her nonsense but they let her run scott free even though its clear she's a problem. If i'm not mistaken, she also got recognized in the MH awards for being one of the top trolls. This just gives her more of an incentive to be a blatant and unnecessary bitch.  Just ignore her and keep it moving. 

To stay on topic, before a mod deletes my post for being "off topic" again,

The pic is pretty much standard Dir en grey, coolness. Nothing really special to see here. 

Don't even bother. The mods have probably gotten countless reports of her nonsense but they let her run scott free even though its clear she's a problem. If i'm not mistaken, she also got recognized in the MH awards for being one of the top trolls. This just gives her more of an incentive to be a blatant and unnecessary bitch.  Just ignore her and keep it moving. 

To stay on topic, before a mod deletes my post for being "off topic" again,

The pic is pretty much standard Dir en grey, coolness. Nothing really special to see here. 

beb i was sarcastic, i love her trolling a lot actually i was just expressing my saltiness over how she could shade that GODLY photo

ps nekichi i love u and ur trolling <3 ur my forum troll goals!

but thx stallion u keep it 3hunna

AND to stay on topic: i've been thinking about the whole drumming thing but listening to ware yami tote and 95% of all other ballads has me convinced he's amazing, and i think ur right on the practicing thing.

Not again :D oh fuck it.

I'd agree that he's a good drummer in theory. About his style.. well. That's debatable. I don't find it that spectacular, but oh well. He does have good parts (on Uroboros especially).

And in practic.. well I don't know what he's doing in his free time, but I know what he isn't doing..

btw what's that flaming about the poser pic? They're looking well. What do people expect?

I thought id weigh in a bit on the whole Shinya thing. Shinya is not a bad drummer by any means imo. I think that he has a very unique style and on studio, he shines very well and blends in well with the rest of the band. The issue lies with him live. And its a matter of him simply not practicing.

Pardon my dickiness but won't you mind defining what are his "unique characteristics" in drumming? Since "unique style" should also contain elements that "click" and become recognizable right away (solitary, limited by occurrence = much easier to identify AFAIAC) . As a case in point, MERRY's Nero has very recognizable elements in his fast-paced drumming (e.g. the way he does his hi-hat/china fills).

When it comes to Shinya though, he seems to be more or less kind of a person who wouldn't really like to improvise their own input while taking a leaf or two out of his drumming biases' book (Yoshiki, Neil Peart, Gargoyle's drummer, Abe Cunningham, Tool's drummer). What makes Uroboros "intriguing" in the drumming department is that Shinya happens to have a wide plethora of influences that inspire him to take up on "interesting" song-specific patterns (that frankly speaking mostly end up on him failing on drumming his own parts live, lol). Did he invent his own style as a result? Let this question sink in...

As a case in point, take their repertoire - and try to find at least a couple of characteristics that tie Shinya's drumming evolution phases together. Does he have a penchant for some odd fills? Or are there any signature changes or such that are easily applicable to his style? I haven't found any specific fills or patterns that literally scream "Shinya" so far, so feel free to enlighten me with an example or two, PLEASE.

Seems like fans might be just too eager to throw around words in the vein of "unique" or "sui generis" without actually defining or rationalizing, hmph :/

Don't be too harsh on that. I wouldn't know ANY of the drummers' "unique styles" (well except yoshiki maybe) you listed, and I doubt every fan has the expertise to detect drum styles of specific drummers.. let alone finding them in other drummers' makings.

But I would strongly bet that a huge load of fans still comes from the JRock/VK scene, where unique and virtuous drumming is as common as a rhino in a petting zoo. So in comparison Shinyas ..ermm.. experimental.. drummings do sound extremely virtuous and unique.

I was impressed with Toshiya at the drumkit back in 2009 at the concert when he played most Uroboros songs without error. But I wouldn't recognize a 'unique' drummer if my life depended on it. How unique can one be behind a drumkit anyway?

Die lookin like he just realized he forgot to pick his kid up from preschool in that band pic tbh

also has Tefutefu ever been played live yet?

Don't be too harsh on that. I wouldn't know ANY of the drummers' "unique styles" (well except yoshiki maybe) you listed, and I doubt every fan has the expertise to detect drum styles of specific drummers.. let alone finding them in other drummers' makings.

But I would strongly bet that a huge load of fans still comes from the JRock/VK scene, where unique and virtuous drumming is as common as a rhino in a petting zoo. So in comparison Shinyas ..ermm.. experimental.. drummings do sound extremely virtuous and unique.

Most fans make it sound like he is in OVERALL "unique" though - sure, he might be a good drummer (at least from the rock aspect). But at present it really seems like the following is happening with him:

1 ) As I mentioned earlier, the "wide plethora of influences" doesn't allow him to express his own style. Also, as a response to Des' comment: guys, how do YOU define "unique" then?

2 ) The "plethora" I mentioned mostly seems to be too much for him, as most latest DEG outputs showcase it. So you might as well say that  there's only one step from "Danny Carey/Neil Peart/Abe Cunningham-tier drumming intrigue" (if we have to stick to genres that Dir delves around) to "drunk 12-year old kid at a huge-ass drum kit". Less is more, as the good ol' saying goes.

3) The wider his "plethora" becomes, the less consistent his drumming will be in the near future (unless he has one hell of a brilliant rhythmic sense/memory). This inconsistency is also reflected on his instrumental cooperation with his band members, seeing as normally drummer and bassist should stick to the common "rhythmic etiquette". In their case I might as well blame Shinya for "breaking the etiquette" (since his latest "I whack random snares and toms to show my plethora"-behavior is doing anything but respecting this "etiquette")

PS. whoever mentions his blasting, I feel really sorry for you (no offense).

I was impressed with Toshiya at the drumkit back in 2009 at the concert when he played most Uroboros songs without error. But I wouldn't recognize a 'unique' drummer if my life depended on it. How unique can one be behind a drumkit anyway?

As unique as one could be playing a guitar or any instrument...? There isn't some standard that all musicians have to follow when doing music lol.

As for Pretzy...dawg...that wall of text gave me a headache but lemme just keep it short and simple. 

His drumming isn't boring. It stands out but also blends with whatever the atmosphere the songs have going on. 304, Ware, Uroko, Decayed Crow, Vinushka etc, prime examples. Whatever his influences are such, I don't know em really nor do i care. Nor do i care about all this technical mumbo jumbo. He's seems to be able 2 put that crap together well enough that it blends into his own signature style (Yes, he has a style, idc).

I dig it.  It makes my wee wee go hard. The end. 

@Pretzel

Whaat... You're taking this far too complicated I think. Stop thinking too much into it. His reasons for the things he plays are probably much simpler.

His blasting

yo pretzels u just dragged shinya within an inch of his life let him live and enjoy drinking with his bandomen friends smfh #leaveSHINYAalone