Spike760

Dir en grey

Now they only need to put synthesizers into their lives (Chain repulsion etc.) and it's perfect

That actually reminds me

How would 'Phenomenon' live sound without those *NIN-y* synthesizers (seeing as they are still used to minimize their playback usage ever since '06)? I think they've used programmed BGM a lot more on Arche than on DSS (e.g. Tousei's BGM, Kuukoku, Revelation's chorus and so on)

edit: okay, I don't think acoustic guitars in DS lives are counted as "playback minimization", lol.

『Average Sorrow』【Initial Limited Version】・『ARCHE』【Special Limited Version】 Bonus!

2015.03.10 NEW RELEASE
 To celebrate the release of the Music Clip Collection Blu-ray & DVD “Average Sorrow” on April 1, 2015 and in tie with the special bonus campaign launched via the Special Limited Version “ARCHE” (SFCD-0136~138/SFCD-0139~141), we will be giving out a special gift to all who send in their application to us. For those who would like to receive the gift please check the flyer that is included in the Initial Limited Version Music Clip Collection Blu-ray & DVD “Average Sorrow” for details.

■GIFT DETAILS
DIR EN GREY x “Resident Evil : Revelations 2” Original DVD
※Includes a music clip of “Revelation of mankind” in commemoration of the collaboration with the Capcom game “Resident Evil “ Revelations 2”

■WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
① A completed application form found in the “Average Sorrow” (Initial Limited Version)
② The cut out from the bottom left corner of the flyer included in the “ARCHE” (Special Limited Version) (SFCD-0136~138 / SFCD-0139~141)
③ JPY 180 worth of stamps for postage

■APPLICATION DEADLINE
April 30, 2015 (thu)

How do I do this? I want it... 

Soo.. there's going to be an alternative video of Revelation of Mankind?

Yeah it's going to be the one they had PV spot of on their youtube, with Resident Evil/Biohazard.

Glad that everyone now can see the superior version of Tsumi to Batsu live, even though Kyo's vocals weren't as on point as it were in other shows on the tour, it's still one of their best live tracks all things considered. I hope that they'll consider playing it alongside or in place of the new version some more in the future.

the remake of tsumi to batsu is my least fav remake it sounds like lazy and boring doom

i like the original with the sharper vocals in these lives so YES

I like both. The live version of the original was pretty intense. When I first heard the remake on the DS single I thought like this was the most evil song I've ever heard in my life and it was awesome. :D

the remake of tsumi to batsu is my least fav remake it sounds like lazy and boring doom

i like the original with the sharper vocals in these lives so YES

If we're talking lazy and boring, that award goes to the Obscure remake. It's so lifeless and empty compared to the original. The remake should have sounded like the performance in The Rose Trims Again.

In my opinion, watching the tsumi to batsu remake live in person is like watching a poor version of the mazohyst "remake". I've seen them both live back to back enough times to judge. It just doesn't reach the same level of intensity. I know the kind of mood they want to set but in my opinion the same thing could just as well be done with mazohyst paired with karasu for example, and it would make for a more interesting and varied listening experience.

Dir are at their best when they go crazy rather than "evil, sludgy" ("sludgy" is an incorrect adjective, i know i know) - but that's how I liked them throughout these years

Also, back to the topic: I am nitpicking right now but WHY they didn't play the jam outro after MASK :( ??!!!

Dir en grey are best when they're at their most progressive and serious/grown up/what the fuck you want to call it IMO. Goes for both the old and new Dir en grey.

If we're talking lazy and boring, that award goes to the Obscure remake. It's so lifeless and empty compared to the original. The remake should have sounded like the performance in The Rose Trims Again.

im sorry but i loved the obscure remake :(( its lazy as hell but tbh obscure needed the BR00TAL remake and while they didnt do much other than detune their guitars and sound more evil i think it works rlly well for a simple song like obscure. i think tsumi to batsu is a lil too weird and shifty to just metalify (??) like obscure

im sorry but i loved the obscure remake :(( its lazy as hell but tbh obscure needed the BR00TAL remake and while they didnt do much other than detune their guitars and sound more evil i think it works rlly well for a simple song like obscure. i think tsumi to batsu is a lil too weird and shifty to just metalify (??) like obscure

To each their own :3 If you haven't actually checked it out already, the performance of Obscure during The Rose Trims Again accomplishes this without changing the structure of the song. The vocals are awesome :)

They've made a REALLY good album this time. Not that I don't like the previous releases, but ARCHE is just.. impressive. I don't need new material already. Look what it does to bands like Nightmare constantly putting stuff out. I know Deg have label conditions too, but I rather have them take a big breath and coming out with stuff when they're really on it.

And after all those down right depressive interviews from members like Shinya or Die... and the fact that they practically NEVER stop touring.. they're good off taking their time from now on. And taking some free time, too.

and the fact that they practically NEVER stop touring

Their touring schedule is actually pretty light in comparison to other bands. Look at the most recent tours: 11 dates in August (Japan) with multiple days rest between many of them, 19 dates from November - January (Japan) with multiple days rest between shows, 15 dates from April - May (Japan) with as much as a week off between some shows. After that the only thing consistent about their schedule are the 8 shows in Europe this May; but that's mostly comprised of festivals through an 11 day period. Judging from their touring pattern, they'll probably go back to Japan until sometime in October, do a few shows in Japan, then go to North America for a quick headlining tour there sometime in the Winter.

I don't know, but even a 'light' touring schedule like that seems very demanding for the kind of music they make, especially for Kyo's throat. Always did have some admiration for those metallists and their screaming and growling and how they survive with an intensive schedule.

It's very possible the reason they space the dates out of their tours is to ensure maximum comfort for Kyo's voice as you said. The other members wouldn't need nearly the amount of rest Kyo would to recover from a string of shows like they sometimes do through Europe and North America.