Spike760

Dir en grey

Whoa, I've just wanted to ask if are there any previews but I hope that I didn't find out way too late.

Anyway, I'm listening to them. The first already soundes awesome, that's gotta be one of the best intros ever :)

Juuyoku was definitely influenced by Deity

Lol wat?

Juuyoku sample's weird end seems to be derived from Brahms' piece once again (not a classical geek tho, i thought it was derived from some arabic thing)

+ I guess you know the rest about "Deity"-song...

can always use online proxy server too, if want to watch online,

like youtubeproxy.org and such tons of them on google.

as for myself haven't watch that.

wait for AMON better. :P

LOL I can watch it in Canada.

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh 8)

certainly what they shouldn't be doing for a whole album all in one row.

I've always seen albums as necessary in keeping a very similar sound. Albums need to have tracks which blend extremely well together but at the same time stand out on their own, and I feel like they're doing it here just like with UROBOROS. If i wanted to hear vastly different sounding songs, I'd just listen to a best of or make a mixtape.

I understand what you're trying to say, and I agree on the fact that the individual songs need to be good and need to blend together. The second isn't completely necessary for me, seeing as I have many albums that don't blend well together but are still awesome on their own. For example, D's 7th Rose album doesn't blend that much, but it is an amazing album none the less.

Fact here is that, even though they blend well, they don't impress me and all sound the same, not give off the same vibe.

Must...resist...listening...to samplesss... :DUUR:

Seconded :DUUR:

You're both doing a much better job than I did. Before samples were out, I promised told myself I wasn't gonna listen to any of the new material until the album was released. Then the day samples were released, I caved, immediately.

I'm looking forward to it now, that the direction looks a lot more imaginative than Hageshisatoetc suggested. Vanitas cheered me up - hopefully there is more singing and segments like that on other parts of songs that the teasers don't reveal. I'm getting the feeling that rather than having different songs with different styles, each song is a bit like a mishmash of everything Uroboros had. Possibly lots of Vinushka's on the horizon.

I find it interesting how Kyo is doing clean vocals in songs like Dreambox and specially Akatsuki(probably my favorite sample by now)

Someone compared Amon sample to 304 goushitsu blargh argh here

I think I have discovered something relevant:

Akatsuki really references to Aoi Tsuki (similar-ish titles + Die's weirdo melody line sounds a lot like one in Aoi Tsuki (tho, in some parts only) )

^ eh I can kind of see what you mean -- but at the same time not really. Die's "werido melody line" is in almost every song they do haha.

and I don't think anyone compared amon to 304

There is a new reply up on ARTISTdirect:

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme ... ey/9008305

I think my favorite answer is to the question, "Did you have on vision for Dum Spiro Spero as a whole or did it come together track by track?"

There was no vision for the album as a whole to start with. We made it one song at a time. Some songs that didn't make the cut for past projects were rearranged and recorded for this album, so the process actually began about two years ago. It has always been this way, but rather than having an overall image we focus on making one song at a time and ultimately end up with a complete image. We may be unconsciously forming an image along the way, but for this album we tried to not think about this or focus on the balance too much.

Am I the only one who at first didn't find Different sense anything special, but now totally loves it? Fucking epic awesome song 10/10!

Pv is also really cool ^_^

There is a new reply up on ARTISTdirect:

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme ... ey/9008305

I think my favorite answer is to the question, "Did you have on vision for Dum Spiro Spero as a whole or did it come together track by track?"

There was no vision for the album as a whole to start with. We made it one song at a time. Some songs that didn't make the cut for past projects were rearranged and recorded for this album, so the process actually began about two years ago. It has always been this way, but rather than having an overall image we focus on making one song at a time and ultimately end up with a complete image. We may be unconsciously forming an image along the way, but for this album we tried to not think about this or focus on the balance too much.

That's not a good way to advertise the album :(

Am I the only one who at first didn't find Different sense anything special, but now totally loves it? Fucking epic awesome song 10/10!

Pv is also really cool ^_^

No, I disliked it at first but now I can't get enough of that last build up, and the ending riff is beautiful. PV is the best/craziest one they've done since Saku.

That's not a good way to advertise the album :(

Indeed, but it's not the truth either. I don't know what he's trying to accomplish with saying these things.

"WE CAN CREATE AN ALBUM WITHOUT CREATING AN ALBUM, FUCK WE'RE AWESOME"...?

Obviously you have ideas of how the album should be. There's always a vision, whether or not that vision is altered during the process, it's always there. You're not fooling anyone.

How is it not true? Bands can write an album track-by-track without paying attention to the finished product, it's not that hard. It's just a process of writing music with the intent of making a bigger picture rather than writing music to fit a bigger picture that you want to express.

Could be the reason why the album has so many varied sounds and has been described as "chaotic" by Shinya.

yah, more like melting pot of genres though may or may not be as diverse as Dream Theater's Melting pot music.