lichtlune

Nightmare - GIANIZM 2 MV song different from album version?

Hello I've been looking for info about a particular song for a long time.

GIANIZM 2 here sounds much different than it does on the GIANIZM ~ore no mono wa ore no mono~ CD and I'm wondering if they released this other version somewhere? I'd love this version in higher quality if possible because It's one of my favorite NIGHTMARE songs but I just don't know where to find it. Thanks.

Edited by lichtlune

oh hey, someone mentioned ナイトメア on here and i get to be relevant again~

i'm taking a guess and assuming your copy of ジャイアニズム is the 2006 VAP remaster, which in my opinion sounds absolutely terrible.

通常版 is two jewel cases w/ tan booklets (& separate catalog #s) [VPCC-84156 & VPCC-84157]
初回版 is one jewel case w/ the same tan-coloured booklet in a black jacket w/ gold trim [VPCC-84155]
They're the same audio/tracklist, only difference afaik is packaging & booklet contents.

i don't know why they thought this was a good idea but this release was remastered to have a similar sound quality to メア's upcoming VAP albums, which i really don't think these songs sound nice with.

i'm not 100% on where this PV actually comes from but i'm taking a guess & saying it was included w/ the first press of 自由奔放天真爛漫 [SDR-021], since that's the first release where the track shows up.
So as far as getting the ~exact same~ audio that's on the PV, check out that disc.

One thing you might want to look into is the 2003 Speed Disk 'original' ジャイアニズム [SDR-049 & SDR-050] (only 1 ver. of release across two jewel cases).
I say 'original' bc every track that's on this disc is ALSO a remaster (except for 華談 & love tripper; they're new recordings here) but imho this master is miles better for every single track, compared to both their  first appearances on various speed disk singles/omnibus and any later remaster/retakes.
I'm a bit biased here but this is definitely my favourite release of メア's catalog, if you call it one release.

I think the sound guy took every instrument's track & slammed a hard compressor on it & drowned Yomi's voice in a stupid amount of reverb, putting it kinda low down in the mix. Both the kind of decisions that should ruin a release but somehow it worked super well here, which is why i'm so pissed the later release went for such a 'normal' approach instead.

2 hours ago, diryangrey said:

oh hey, someone mentioned ナイトメア on here and i get to be relevant again~

i'm taking a guess and assuming your copy of ジャイアニズム is the 2006 VAP remaster, which in my opinion sounds absolutely terrible.

通常版 is two jewel cases w/ tan booklets (& separate catalog #s) [VPCC-84156 & VPCC-84157]
初回版 is one jewel case w/ the same tan-coloured booklet in a black jacket w/ gold trim [VPCC-84155]
They're the same audio/tracklist, only difference afaik is packaging & booklet contents.

i don't know why they thought this was a good idea but this release was remastered to have a similar sound quality to メア's upcoming VAP albums, which i really don't think these songs sound nice with.

i'm not 100% on where this PV actually comes from but i'm taking a guess & saying it was included w/ the first press of 自由奔放天真爛漫 [SDR-021], since that's the first release where the track shows up.
So as far as getting the ~exact same~ audio that's on the PV, check out that disc.

One thing you might want to look into is the 2003 Speed Disk 'original' ジャイアニズム [SDR-049 & SDR-050] (only 1 ver. of release across two jewel cases).
I say 'original' bc every track that's on this disc is ALSO a remaster (except for 華談 & love tripper; they're new recordings here) but imho this master is miles better for every single track, compared to both their  first appearances on various speed disk singles/omnibus and any later remaster/retakes.
I'm a bit biased here but this is definitely my favourite release of メア's catalog, if you call it one release.

I think the sound guy took every instrument's track & slammed a hard compressor on it & drowned Yomi's voice in a stupid amount of reverb, putting it kinda low down in the mix. Both the kind of decisions that should ruin a release but somehow it worked super well here, which is why i'm so pissed the later release went for such a 'normal' approach instead.

Hey thank you so much for your help! It seems like it's going to be some work to try and get my hands on this stuff. I'm only finding it on Japanese sites. 

np, glad that was at all useful~!
i think ナイト's early releases are better than people think they'd be so i'm always down to spread the Good News..............esp since this is the only band i've got any real #info on.

yeah i'm not the best googler in the world or anything but i don't think i was ever able to find a copy of that speed disk master until i bought it on CD myself.
the TL;DR of it is more or less that it's the same tracks as the VAP ofc, but they all sound more like that PV's ジャイアニズム痛.

While this information is all true, the PV version of Gianizm 2 is on the album Jiyuu Honpo Tenshin Ranman. This album was released one year before Ore no Mono wa Ore no Mono. September 1, 2002 to be exact.