Alkaloid

THE BLACK SWAN will disband

THE BLACK SWAN will disband after their oneman at Tsutaya O-WEST at 2018/5/1.

THE BLACK SWANは2018年5月1日(火)渋谷TSUTAYA O-WESTのワンマン公演をもちまして、全ての活動を終え解散する運びとなりました。

応援して頂いたファンの皆様、関係者の皆様には、感謝の思いと共に、メンバー一同、最後までTHE BLACK SWANらしいライブを皆様と一緒に作り上げていきたいと思っております。

残り僅かな活動期間となりますが、応援の程宜しくお願い致します。

2017年10月19日 
寺子屋
THE BLACK SWAN

they've been stagnating in popularity for a while, i dont think they were able to gain new fans recently

tbh they've probably already spent too much on promotions/recording/stuff that it wouldn't make sense to continue--that 8 string cross over prolly wasn't cheap and i doubt it paid off the way they wanted it to

hence im not surprised, i was expecting it ;______;

Ugh, I don't know what to say. Last year they released one of the best VK albums of the year, and while they've really been phoning it in on the post-album singles, I had hope that they'd still be able to write really good albums. Oh well, this is making me not wanna listen to/buy the new single, and honestly, I'm ready to just ignore them/be a bitter bitch about them. Thanks for RUVISH, I guess.

... Does their label even have any other bands left now?

disappointedT, but not surprised

something tells me their new single b-sides won't be good too ://

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

... Does their label even have any other bands left now?

ensoku, I think. TBS only signed with them before releasing the full album, though, so they were either self-published or had an even smaller deal prior to that. 

2 hours ago, Saishu said:

Look I was no fan, but how the fuck is TBS crumbling before The Thirteen?!

tbh considering sadie were much more popular than an average vk band throughout their entire insipid career, nothing about the thirteen (except for bumped up PV production budgets) surprises me.

Not surprised. Afaik ( don't quote me on this ) Jin's vocals are polarising even outside of this forum and they have a style that is just a tad too hard and dark to not be in vogue. I remember late Nega sales being brutal and Black Swan is kind of like an extension, or a natural development of that sound.

The real reason I believe is that they lost all their fans after Rena cut his hair

:indie_wth:Shocking news... they were doing great releases and even the next single seemed at the same level... hoping to see them under a new name, a la Lycaon...