NekoHime

MIZTAVLA's Fumiya suddenly passed away

MIZTAVLA's drummer Fumiya suddenly passed away on 2017.10.15.
It seems his disease unexpectedly got worse. His family asked to the exact cause to be hidden. The funeral will be private too.  It's hard to imagine they've just had a live on the same day and it seemed everything is okay even if they were tired...  The members all left  a comment about their feelings and will take an announcement about the band's future later. 
It's really hard time for the members and the fans too, please show them respect.

You can find here the official announcemet and the comments:  MIZTAVLA Official Blog 

Edited by NekoHime

this is so unexpected. best wishes to the family and band members :sad:

Edited by itsukoii

14 minutes ago, Alkaloid said:

I'm so sad about this...:lolita_sad:

He was in some other great bands before MIZTAVLA (Erdbeeren, Serial Number)

he was in Erbeeren?? nooo i had no idea, this hurts even more now

Such tragedy for a young group, RIP Fumiya and best of luck to the others as musicians and men - keep him with you whatever you do from this point! 

Member comments:

Riuki

Sorry for the sudden announcement. To be honest I'm still unable to accept the truth of what happened so suddenly.

More than anyone else, he was someone I could talk to about all kinds of things, and someone who would always be there whether I was happy or miserable or sad.

Whenever I'm troubled, he'd immediately notice and casually ask me: "are you fine? did something happen?" It was that kindness of his that has supported me all along.

And no matter what arguments we have, he'd always talk to me cheerfully the next morning. Even now, it feels like he's going to say "good morning" to me like he always does.

This announcement has caused considerable anxiety and distress to staff and fans who support us. I'm so sorry about that.

Fumiya:

Weren't you saying how we're gonna turn towards each other more so that we will become the best "tate-line"? [*this refers to the relationship between drums and vocals in a band, e.g. when they synchronize the beats before/during a song]

For some reason I feel like I can still hear you say "Hey Rikkun is here!!" I can't sort out my feelings right now.

And although I can't really say more than 'yeah that's right' for the deeper stuff, I'll never forget everything you've taught me.

Fumiya, let's stand together on the stage again one day.  When that day comes, I'd have to trouble you to have my back once again.

---

Kou

Sorry. It feels like time has stopped and I can't think about anything. Until now we've been together all the time every day, and it's like he'd still be saying 'Morning, Kou-chan' tomorrow or the day after. Fumiya's scent still lingers in our vehicle, and I can't believe what just happened.

Honestly I can't put anything into words properly right now.

---

Hiryu

Sorry.

To be honest I still can't accept the reality that Fumiya is gone.

After the live on 10/14,  we were looking ahead to our live on 10/15 and saying to each other "see you tomorrow! thanks!" and that turned out to be our last.

And after our 1st year anniversary live on 9/19, all of us had such a great talk on how we're gonna work hard and move forward. I still cannot believe this; I don't want to believe it.

Fumiya:

Did you really have to part so suddenly?

Do you know I've been in tears since the 15th?

Do you remember how, when you recently invited me to a meal with you, we were talking about how we wanted to do this and that?

Your words"I really love Hi-kun's staging" made me so happy that day.

I don't know what I should be saying now, but I hope you're still playing the drums you love so much all you want.

---

yuri

It was so sudden that even now I feel like I'd get a message asking "when are we meeting for our rhythm practice?" And I still can't believe what happened.

Looking back, the first MIZTAVLA member I met was Fu-min, and it was also through him that I met the rest of the members. He was so patient with teaching me driving even as he was telling me how hopeless I am. And when I'm troubled with band matters he'd be so concerned to the extent of dropping whatever he was doing to come to my place to make sure I was fine. Fu-min is someone who's great at taking care of people and I've received so so much help from him. Thank you so much.

It's miserable to think that we'll never be playing in the same rhythm section again, but please continue to play your drums over there. And it might be a while before this happens but I'll definitely become a fantastic bassist that you'd be surprised by. When that day comes, let's play together again.

For now, thanks for all your hard work.

Source: https://miztavla.amebaownd.com/posts/3110842?categoryIds=178035

Edited by hiroki

26 minutes ago, sheepprincessgara said:

Seeing their comments about how he was such a sweet and caring friend just made this even more depressing....💔

Literally this, they all clearly treasure Fumiya as a close friend, it must be so hard for them all.

Tweet from Riuki on Oct 25th (Google translated)

"I'm sorry I can not renew for a long time.

Since I got an announcement, I think I got anxiety and a lot of feelings. I'm really sorry for making you wait. But, I think I want to go forward one step at a time.

Halloween one man looking forward to everyone. Let's enjoy on October 29th with full power."

I'm guessing they're continuing activities.

In addition, he had originally wanted to leave the band before he died, but he felt that he couldn't do anything else beyond that (probably because of his illness?). The family also wanted to put this out there around that time, but the band's label was holding them back somehow (?). They also write about the last time they saw him and how time has seemingly stopped since then. 

(thank u @Takadanobabaalien ♥)