Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

Totally.

Tbh i knew about this band before but had the thought that it was just going to be another mediocre band so never gave them a listen. 

Anyway better late than never ^_-

Now I'm gonna dig them to depth.

Oh and i saw your sho vocal range thread on trp. Good job! 

I hope this vocalist takes great care of his voice.

Edited by FOSCOR70

I'm sure I can find the information easily but I'm too lazy, I know issei composed most of the early stuff and retsu took care of chedoara but was silent song and its b sides leftover stuff from issei or retsu's compositions 

On 3/22/2019 at 9:46 AM, Duwang said:

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=8157453

Amazing performance, tho I'm quite staggered that no one seemed to give a shit, except those 10-something people in the front. Was this a regular metal show?

At the metal shows I reckon its fine? It's just vk being old fashioned and anal again 'cause you got to sell cheki and once you're old and broke you sell the terekos online or something and people filming impinges on that... or something. 

@Disposable i agree to some extent, but dimlim still rely on visuals, sell chekis and so on, while dir dont sell chekis and they dont always do vk, and its still prohibited to shoot videos on their lives as far as i know. same goes to bands like the god and death stars.

1 minute ago, yomii said:

@Disposable i agree to some extent, but dimlim still rely on visuals, sell chekis and so on, while dir dont sell chekis and they dont always do vk, and its still prohibited to shoot videos on their lives as far as i know. same goes to bands like the god and death stars.

Yeah but it's all about that culture tho. Deg never performs outside of the vk context ( except the few festivals in the west where you were allowed to film of course )  whereas these shows DIMLIM are playing are essentially akin to something like a local metalcore band night? I mean sometimes they just allow it too I suppose, like that one Sukekiyo show you can find on youtube. 

It's interesting going back and listening to Various -> THE SILENT SONG -> CHEDOARA.  Really serious improvement, though interesting seeing their progression along the way and how much more experimental they've gotten while also being a bit more stylistically committed if that makes sense (so many VK bands are just...all over the map genre-wise). Production on the newer stuff is of course way, way better, too.

Really wondering about the production on Age of lies and 記憶、紺碧の微笑み, though - not sure if it's the files I have but it straight up sounds like someone recorded them practicing down the street, hah.

Other random note - the verses in 記憶、紺碧の微笑み sound a lot like 壊れていくこの世界で by PIERROT. Can't unhear.

Edited by nomemorial

Am I the only one who thinks this is... not good? Not only the live vocals but also the crowd... 

I'm very worried about their planned Tsutaya O-West live now. >_<

he doesn't use concert vocal processing (unlike akane who actually does live layering and some pitch correcting thus sounding closer to what they do on CD) and his recent performances are a bit messy but I think it's just exhaustion and smoking idk

anyway who cares her skinny wig is steaming on poinT YASSSSSSSSS

I think they sound pretty damn good in that clip?

I think the instrumentals sound as they should in a live setting and any difference in Sho's vocal performance seems more emotive than anything. Can definitely sense a bit of exhaustion, but I think he sounds fine.  

Also, I know it's been said that Sho inhales most of his harsh vocals, but there were a few points in that video specifically that sounded exhaled rather than inhaled. Maybe he's experimenting a bit with his delivery? I certainly hope so - inhales seem less ideal for one's vocal cords overall and he's got such talent I'd like to see him stay healthy.

16 hours ago, helcchi said:

Metalheads don’t whip their hair like bangya do

No, I mean, the number of their attendees, not the audience participation/vibe.

59 minutes ago, IchiHiroya said:

No, I mean, the number of their attendees, not the audience participation/vibe.

I think it was said on here or in video comments that this was a non-VK metal show and they ended up playing last, so all of the people were either specifically there for them or just wanted to stick around and see what they were all about.

Not sure if I'm mixing it up with a different event, but I feel like I read that when other videos from this set were posted, so that probably explains the crowd-size.

38 minutes ago, deadman said:

Why do you guys make such a big deal about these common things? V kei bands love using these shitty EDM for S.E. for loooong time.

Even Dimlim have being used these kind of music for promo video for a while.

Sure it's common, but something being "common" isn't necessarily and indicator of "goodness" for itself.

In my case, it never came as something "good" to me the insistence of bandoman on using cringe-worthy EDM curtains. And sure, that could be a good indicator of the bands composing skills, along with other stuff that may show the lack of inspiration, like the rising dependence on formula-stuff for the whole work (music, visuals, lyrics, live performance, etc.). So, yeah, we can agree on oneself actually waiting for the release to have an opinion, but... man, look at the sloppy EDM and horrible video editing those PVs have. At least the hair and make-up work are pretty gorgeous... I really hope that the reason behind this is actually low budget.

Btw, there are really few examples of actually well crafted and used EDM in the scene. 

Edited by saiko