Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

We will have physical albums available, not sure which yet but we'll try to get as many as we can. I can tell you that we will be carrying a CD nobody is expecting us (or anybody) to carry. ;) Will be announcing that in the coming weeks both on our Twitter @jpmusicrev as well as make a post here. Thank you guys!

58 minutes ago, Wakarimashita said:

Great, I hope you'll have their albums available too. I'd buy CHEDOARA in a heartbeat if it was available anywhere...

Chedoara, rijin, and various are listed on the webshop currently so I imagine those will be the ones but we'll see what is available for international shipping 

1 hour ago, Japan Music Revolution said:

I can tell you that we will be carrying a CD nobody is expecting us (or anybody) to carry. ;)

Man I sure hope it's「」, watashi or boku.

Edited by Tanishi

56 minutes ago, Tanishi said:

Man I sure hope it's「」, watashi or boku.

Safe bet is kidoairaku but ya since either watashi or boku (idr which one) has never surfaced online hopefully one of those 2

Assuming itll either be about shipping options for us for all their merch or maybe tour dates for 2021 (they announced earlier today oneman shows in japan for January 2021)

I looked into DHL shopping from Japan since it’s the only thing working apparently, and either the site is wrong either they are offering only overnight delivery at exceedingly high costs. 

55 minutes ago, Wakarimashita said:

Based on recent developments in this very thread I bet it is about international shipping of their products.

Ya those guys who said they were gonna help dimlim ship internationally retweeted this so I figure its gonna be that

16 minutes ago, Ameyoru said:

2021... You can say Dimlim right now is on hiatus. Also the official page of Dimlim had some interesting changes

tbh this feels like it can go for most bands, at least from a touring aspect 

Hey guys.

I feel bad and don't want to get your hopes up, this announcement is not about shipping just yet. Japan Post is completely shut down for overseas shipping at the moment. DHL is in my experience pretty unreliable and costly for the customer; we really want to offer you the best shipping options and so many packages from other carriers such as CD Japan are being returned due to the virus. I ran some quotes through DHL and the shipping of say a couple of hoodies wanted to charge $300 for shipping.

As soon as we can ship safely we will do so, but this announcement is something to pass the time until then. Hope you will still enjoy it, it'll be posted on Dimlim as well as our Twitter at 20:00 JST. We're working with them on connecting with overseas fans in different ways and there are a few more ideas bouncing around as the guys really want to stay connected during this time.

On the plus side, they've just announced a 2-days live in Tokyo on January 9th and 10th of 2021. :)Thanks for the support.

Edited by Japan Music Revolution

4 hours ago, Japan Music Revolution said:

Hey guys.

I feel bad and don't want to get your hopes up, this announcement is not about shipping just yet. Japan Post is completely shut down for overseas shipping at the moment. DHL is in my experience pretty unreliable and costly for the customer; we really want to offer you the best shipping options and so many packages from other carriers such as CD Japan are being returned due to the virus. I ran some quotes through DHL and the shipping of say a couple of hoodies wanted to charge $300 for shipping.

As soon as we can ship safely we will do so, but this announcement is something to pass the time until then. Hope you will still enjoy it, it'll be posted on Dimlim as well as our Twitter at 20:00 JST. We're working with them on connecting with overseas fans in different ways and there are a few more ideas bouncing around as the guys really want to stay connected during this time.

On the plus side, they've just announced a 2-days live in Tokyo on January 9th and 10th of 2021. :)Thanks for the support.

I'm curious as to why you don't have access to FedEx like CDJ does, just wondering if they have some kind of deal or something or it's not something you've yet looked into. It's not as cheap as EMS, but also not as expensive as DHL.

41 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

I'm curious as to why you don't have access to FedEx like CDJ does, just wondering if they have some kind of deal or something or it's not something you've yet looked into. It's not as cheap as EMS, but also not as expensive as DHL.

It's not that we don't have access to it, it's that it's very expensive and they'll 100% charge custom fees on arrival whereas other options like SAL and even Airmail usually end up going by without custom fees (in many countries) and even EMS is cheaper so these private carriers are just not something we had been considering. We'd rather open it up when all forms of shipping are available for people to choose from  (especially as some items released will have very limited quantities) and deliveries are reliable again rather than gouge people on shipping; the only reason we announced the overseas shipping early is because we didn't want fans to worry they wouldn't be able to get stuff and spend large amounts of needless money on forwarding services. We have always been shooting for a summer start.

If the situation doesn't normalize in the coming weeks we have planned to revisit the situation and private carriers could be an option. Shipping a 1 kilogram package (1 hoodie and 1 shirt for example) through FedEx is approx. $150 which we just don't feel right making people pay especially since by the looks of it countries are slowly picking back up and it shouldn't be all that much longer before normal shipping resumes. Not to mention many countries are currently not being serviced by FedEx or DHL as per CDJapan's page here: https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/fedex_dhl_expansion2004

Just bear with us a little longer, I promise we have the best interest of everyone in mind.

3 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

kidoairaku available for overseas fans 

I hope that they keep doing this with future releases and don't make something "live only" again (also, i'm not going to call this "Emotions"hahaha)

6 hours ago, Japan Music Revolution said:

DHL is in my experience pretty unreliable and costly for the customer;

I keep hearing this from people outside of the US but I swear to god dhl has been the most legit shipping service for me here in the states, stuff leaves japan and gets to my house within a 24-48 hour time period and shipping never costs more than $25ish 

55 minutes ago, Japan Music Revolution said:

It's not that we don't have access to it, it's that it's very expensive and they'll 100% charge custom fees on arrival whereas other options like SAL and even Airmail usually end up going by without custom fees (in many countries) and even EMS is cheaper so these private carriers are just not something we had been considering. We'd rather open it up when all forms of shipping are available for people to choose from  (especially as some items released will have very limited quantities) and deliveries are reliable again rather than gouge people on shipping; the only reason we announced the overseas shipping early is because we didn't want fans to worry they wouldn't be able to get stuff and spend large amounts of needless money on forwarding services. We have always been shooting for a summer start.

If the situation doesn't normalize in the coming weeks we have planned to revisit the situation and private carriers could be an option. Shipping a 1 kilogram package (1 hoodie and 1 shirt for example) through FedEx is approx. $150 which we just don't feel right making people pay especially since by the looks of it countries are slowly picking back up and it shouldn't be all that much longer before normal shipping resumes. Not to mention many countries are currently not being serviced by FedEx or DHL as per CDJapan's page here: https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/fedex_dhl_expansion2004

Just bear with us a little longer, I promise we have the best interest of everyone in mind.

Thanks for your quick response, and reassurance. Glad to know you're shooting for summer, curious as to when you're talking about in summer since it spans June to September. For some reason when I think summer I think August, but summer is nearly over by then, not sure why I do. It's nice that you are keeping everyone informed here and on Twitter and it's nice that there'll be an alternative to buyee and the other proxy's. 🙌

2 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

I keep hearing this from people outside of the US but I swear to god dhl has been the most legit shipping service for me here in the states, stuff leaves japan and gets to my house within a 24-48 hour time period and shipping never costs more than $25ish 

they have to sign a corporate contract to get those discounted rates :< amazon and cdj probs have it, I generally use ems

18 hours ago, Ameyoru said:

2021... You can say Dimlim right now is on hiatus. Also the official page of Dimlim had some interesting changes

I can't even access it lul

18 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

they have to sign a corporate contract to get those discounted rates :< amazon and cdj probs have it, I generally use ems

Ah that makes more sense then, unlucky