Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

Just learned that Periphery are currently a “no bass band” since their bassist quit in 2017.

Given how much Dimlim’s sound post-Issei is inspired by Periphery, I wonder if they think they can thrive without a bassist because Periphery is doing it. 

Periphery also has more than one guitarist though, so...

5 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Just learned that Periphery are currently a “no bass band” since their bassist quit in 2017.

Given how much Dimlim’s sound post-Issei is inspired by Periphery, I wonder if they think they can thrive without a bassist because Periphery is doing it. 

Periphery also has more than one guitarist though, so...

Yeah, but Nolly still records all the bass parts, properly

Honestly I think the biggest problem it's how close was to the Dir en grey concert

Like I mention before, many people spended all of their money on Diru, so no money (Vip was like 250 dollar and General 70)

But I know, I know, somepeople had the money but procrastination attack

And fucking Dimlim random schedule, "hey let's go to Mexico -when? -dunno, March? -yeah" Your band is not famous, not like The GazettE is, you have missing members, you just changed your style and you want to hold a oneman in Mexico, a hole country, yes you have fans, but in a hole country, not just Mexico City

The Sound Bee HD were able to do their Concert and I'm sure they are less famous than Dimlim, but they went to an Anime con, not fucking alone in a whole 1000 people venue

Bad, horribly planification

29 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Supposedly Brazil is sold out?

Very close to.

The promoter also said this is not affecting brazilian schedule.

And I very hope so, because I already bought plane tickets, goods and stuff.

:manapls:

4 hours ago, Ameyoru said:

Honestly I think the biggest problem it's how close was to the Dir en grey concert

Like I mention before, many people spended all of their money on Diru, so no money (Vip was like 250 dollar and General 70)

But I know, I know, somepeople had the money but procrastination attack

And fucking Dimlim random schedule, "hey let's go to Mexico -when? -dunno, March? -yeah" Your band is not famous, not like The GazettE is, you have missing members, you just changed your style and you want to hold a oneman in Mexico, a hole country, yes you have fans, but in a hole country, not just Mexico City

The Sound Bee HD were able to do their Concert and I'm sure they are less famous than Dimlim, but they went to an Anime con, not fucking alone in a whole 1000 people venue

Bad, horribly planification

I agree, they need to consider scheduling, and budgeting. Someone on Facebook was saying “Oh, well if they liked Dimlim, they should have bought tickets no matter the cost! Even if it was more expensive than the Super Bowl!” 

Yeah, people don’t have that kind of money to throw around. Especially not most people in Mexico. Especially if people have to travel to the city.

It’s one of the reasons why Gazette’s Toronto show was only half sold. Because people aren’t just attending from Toronto. They’re flying in from numerous cities. And not everyone can keep doing that for every Japanese band that comes.

3 minutes ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

It’s one of the reasons why Gazette’s Toronto show was only half sold.

Jesus didn't know even gazette struggles these days. But then again I did see alot of empty seats at their los angeles show 

3 hours ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

And not everyone can keep doing that for every Japanese band that comes.

Exactly. I live in another city, like 7 horus from Mexico city, and I can't just be traveling for every group, especially when they are so close, they gave us 4 months

For many and some others it's not just the cost of the ticket

Also, aparently not even Dimlim knew the show was cancelled hahaha

3 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Jesus didn't know even gazette struggles these days. But then again I did see alot of empty seats at their los angeles show 

Well they struggle because SONY can’t choose any good locations that don’t have their fucking name stamped on it. They simply don’t see a return on investing in smaller venues and would rather place the price of traveling and hotel stays to the fans. I know this applies to most cities but figured I’d mention that.

NYC is a fucking mission to most Americans. Had they chose any Midwest cities like Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, and evening fucking Denver out west, they’d sell tickets quick.

Dallas was a good spot because they border several states and even Mexico within driving distance.