Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

10 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

The promoter for the São Paulo made a fb post saying half the tickets have sold which I’m genuinely shocked by! They called DIMLIM a VK band and I bet Retsu is screaming 

Even filling up half of what I assume is a very small venue feels pretty impressive all things considered.

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

Only way they were going to sell tickets

Don’t know what they expected. If they’re pushing for an international audience, renouncing VK isn’t it.

There are basically four camps:

1) Those that will only listen to VK, because the aesthetics are slightly more important than the music.

2) Those that mainly listen to VK because of an interest in the scene, but who wouldn’t stop listening if a band dropped their image, if the music was still good. Won’t seek out non-VK bands regularly .

3) Those that listen to all types of J-music as long as it’s good. Doesn’t care one way or another if it’s VK.

4) Actively avoids VK, either because “it’s gay”, or “I hate the fandom”. Won’t listen to a band that used to be VK either, because of fandom crossover.

So basically, there’s very little reason for a band to drop the “VK” label, especially in the foreign market.

Edited by GreatNorthernVK

9 hours ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

Don’t know what they expected. If they’re pushing for an international audience, renouncing VK isn’t it.

There are basically four camps:

1) Those that will only listen to VK, because the aesthetics are slightly more important than the music.

2) Those that mainly listen to VK because of an interest in the scene, but who wouldn’t stop listening if a band dropped their image, if the music was still good. Won’t seek out non-VK bands regularly .

3) Those that listen to all types of J-music as long as it’s good. Doesn’t care one way or another if it’s VK.

4) Actively avoids VK, either because “it’s gay”, or “I hate the fandom”. Won’t listen to a band that used to be VK either, because of fandom crossover.

So basically, there’s very little reason for a band to drop the “VK” label, especially in the foreign market.

I agree with this, I’m definitely number 2 

51 minutes ago, Saishu said:

So I guess Taishi is in another band? 

i believe ryuya has also started participating in a sessions band but i cant care enough to research who else is in it 

On 1/29/2020 at 5:53 PM, Saishu said:

What is this now?

Did someone else quit?

I don´t think so, I feel like it´s probably PV related or something like that.

On 1/31/2020 at 10:23 PM, sleepy coffee said:

Russia is next 

I´m honestly surprised they´ve managed to get this many overseas lives, considering the fact that they´re not particularly a big band neither in Japan nor the rest of the world. I hope it all goes well for them.

6 hours ago, DIBIDABUA said:

I don´t think so, I feel like it´s probably PV related or something like that.

Or just Retsu being an overly emotional headcase obsessed with "sad boi rap" trying to make statements again. haha.

No idea if itll be an update, announcement, a music video, more tour dates, more music or whatever but dimlim will /probably/ announce something this Thursday, february 6th.

Edited by sleepy coffee

19 minutes ago, sleepy coffee said:

No idea if itll be an update, announcement, a music video, more tour dates, more music or whatever but dimlim will /probably/ announce something this Thursday, february 6th.

fingers crossed it's more band members 👀

expecting tour dates/another MV, though.

1 minute ago, nomemorial said:

fingers crossed it's more band members 👀

expecting tour dates/another MV, though.

I'm assuming it's either more members or show(s) in japan. For all the other overseas shows they didnt do any prior teasing so I dont think thatll be the case here. 

2 minutes ago, sleepy coffee said:

I'm assuming it's either more members or show(s) in japan. For all the other overseas shows they didnt do any prior teasing so I dont think thatll be the case here. 

yeah, that makes sense.

still hoping we get them over here to the US...

2 hours ago, Kirito said:

I read the lyrics of " what's up ? " and i feel like the song is about their musical and visual change and how people complain about it xd

I feel like that’s the running theme for the whole album

1 hour ago, Saga said:

So, in the brazillian pre-sale we can buy CHE DO ARA and Rijin. MISC is not even listed.

But ain't that to be expected with MISC only being sold via Amazon.jp and only being pressed when ordered?

I know that from self-published books and the writer would need to buy these books from Amazon themselves, take the books with them to the event and hope to sell them. There's no place these copies of MISC get stored somewhere and that's the difference for CHEDOARA and Rijin.

6 minutes ago, Kuro said:

But ain't that to be expected with MISC only being sold via Amazon.jp and only being pressed when ordered?

I know that from self-published books and the writer would need to buy these books from Amazon themselves, take the books with them to the event and hope to sell them. There's no place these copies of MISC get stored somewhere and that's the difference for CHEDOARA and Rijin.

Oh yeah, sure. But all things considered, it's one more fun fact to the list.

"We've changed NOW ITS YOUR TURN... but since we can't print the new album, you can pay that expansive price for these old ones btw."

Announcement today is a oneman show in japan, assuming nothing else gets announced between now and then this is gonna be their first show in japan since this past december.