Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

17 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

I’m not feeling the effects they’ve put on Sho’s vocals. The preview still isn’t long enough to form an opinion on the song 

Are those effects or just a shitty bitrate?

PV is too short to form an opinion but sounds legit so far. I hope that awful sound quality is just it being a shit quality video post though. If that's the actual song then it sucks ass.

Pretty good, 8/10

Hopefully the album has a few heavier songs, I miss the growls.

Also Sho looks really good lol, hopefully he makes an instagram account or something haha

For the most part I feel the same about the album as a whole being messy (dunno if any remainder gya would dig it), but at the same time...

This is probably one of the more exciting things I've listened to in a loooong time and I really want them to implement a lot of what's present here in a future release. It was not exactly the songs, but those brief "woah" moments that really made the album for me. I'd get into a groove and then there's this section of weird aural fuckery that gives me the tingles, but afterwards the track might lull out. The mixing is pretty great too, though I wonder if it's b/c I'm used to muddled cheap-kei production as of late. 

I have a good feeling I'll be listening to this album for at least a month.

Brief Notes:

• The chorus of "MIST" on first listen kind of gave me レイラ/nil admirari vibes (?)
  • "Take me out in the midnight" is the most Chon-like of the tracks, and it's super fun.
  • "Funny world" is all over the place but it absolutely works. Sounds like it would be a killer live track.
  • "+&-" at the beginning almost felt like an iglooghost track, but abruptly turned into a trap instrumental Beiber would use (a bit of a head scratcher.)
  • The beginning of "for the future" sounded nu-BMTH, but the rest of the track was pretty normal.
  • "Tick Tak" is godly, especially after 2:00.
  • There are parts of "TO FOOL" that are a fucking trip, but then "Before it's too late" goes really heavy-handed with that nu-metal-like intro. Then it's just Sho screaming with R2-D2 getting the succ in the background and it sounds fucking goooood.
  • "out of the darkness" starts out pretty nice and then the vocals get all sensual and whispery... then just goosebumps w/ those sub bass sections w/ bonus taser noises.
  • "Lament" ended on a super fun note.
Edited by colorful人生

all I can do is kek

yep hiroshi and retsu both have the white frown face as their twitter profile pictures lol I already know where this is going

Edited by Joel
added information

so dimlim released misc on usa version. hmm...gotta say, i feel pity for all those people who are gonna die without listening to dimlim.

Ive heard a lots of different kind of music, from cannibal corpse to indian classical music, from neo folk to jpop but nothing soothes my soul as Sho's gender bending vocals.

All hail DIMLIM~

"In the next episode of Dimlim no Dorama: Will Retsu finally find his true inner self? Is Sho able to handle the sudden fame after the release of MISC or will he leave the band just one week before their sold out Tokyo Dome Show? Will Hiroshi finally doing anything? Will Laptop-san finally get the stage presence he deserves?"

I would assume that the Smiley Thing will be their next PV.

8 hours ago, Saishu said:

What is this now?

Did someone else quit?

I wish it would mean something  interesting. But it's probably just another pseudo intelectual stunt about the essense 

42 minutes ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

If they do release the vinyl, I’ll be the first to buy it, but I’m not paying 3,300 ¥ plus shipping for a CD-R with a photocopied insert.

Lol, it’s not as bad as that. Definitely not a high quality release though.