Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

2 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Well the problem is that Retsu was whining about people pirating Kidoairaku. You know, the live limited release that was only available at ONE live in Japan. 

Ya that part of it is really dumb unless he had planned to release it for everyone eventually or put some of the tracks on the upcoming album but neither one happened so lol

3 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Tbf piracy is a digital thing and you can buy their stuff digitally. Not being able to buy a copy physically sucks but it shouldn't be a reason you resort to pirating (doesnt apply to their live limited stuff)

When you have to spend a minimum of 30€ for a 2 song CD then it's hard not to

4 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Tbf piracy is a digital thing and you can buy their stuff digitally. Not being able to buy a copy physically sucks but it shouldn't be a reason you resort to pirating (doesnt apply to their live limited stuff)

Except the implication that they are all sold out implies they are selling well, and that selling more isn't going to fix deep seated issues within the band. Other bands would kill to sell like DIMLIM. Money is a blocker up to a point. Now I can't say that DIMLIM is past that point, but I've been in the scene too long to think that piracy and money are their only troubles.

The entire "marketing" of this new album is atrocious. It really feels like they want to fail. I love these guys to death but seriously... they need to know what they want. They post a one second preview, then they decide it will be a digital only release. They want to charge full price for a digital release, but later on make the physical cd an amazon exclusive but post no details. The release is in a week and this is a trainwreck. All we can do is speculate but I honestly don't see this benefiting them in anyway. Even if this becomes a banger of an album no ones going to hear it... the promotion is non existent and i dont see them making any money on this. People will pirate this album. 

So i'm confused. I really like these guys, but I don't follow them closely enough to know all of the details about their history. What's the major difference between the release of this new album and "CHE DO A RA"? What changed so drastically that their operation was affected to this extent?

I really hoped to get a PV one week prior to the release. It sorta makes sense - two weeks before the release a tracklist is announced, then it would be logical to upload a PV to build up some hype.

But I see. Not gonna happen.

2 hours ago, CAT5 said:

So i'm confused. I really like these guys, but I don't follow them closely enough to know all of the details about their history. What's the major difference between the release of this new album and "CHE DO A RA"? What changed so drastically that their operation was affected to this extent?

See below.

4 hours ago, -NOVA- said:

The entire "marketing" of this new album is atrocious. It really feels like they want to fail. I love these guys to death but seriously... they need to know what they want. They post a one second preview, then they decide it will be a digital only release. They want to charge full price for a digital release, but later on make the physical cd an amazon exclusive but post no details. The release is in a week and this is a trainwreck. All we can do is speculate but I honestly don't see this benefiting them in anyway. Even if this becomes a banger of an album no ones going to hear it... the promotion is non existent and i dont see them making any money on this. People will pirate this album. 

Plus they only have three members and are decided on not having support members to replace drums & bass (correct me if I'm wrong).

I think they've basically gone indie but without knowing the very basics of managing a band.

3 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Yeah... I'm gonna snatch some DL link and see if it's even worth buying. This is no longer a band I can blindly trust with my money. And I can see a lot of people doing that too.

I have loved DIMLIM from the beginning and even sought out some of the live limited stuff and paid a ridiculous price for the actual CD's, but I'm not risking this either. Definitely going to try before I buy.

4 hours ago, platy said:

See below.

Plus they only have three members and are decided on not having support members to replace drums & bass (correct me if I'm wrong).

I

Bass and guitar. 

Hopefully it’ll be available for streaming, though I’m kind of confused about the complaints of the price for the digital version. I haven’t bought anything off Japanese iTunes in years, but do they not charge full price for a full album?

I somewhat want to support them still, even if the album is bad. I'll buy it if it's on ototoy but I'm not going to bother jumping through digital japanese hoops or pay heaps in shipping for it.

I don´t know if this has been posted but it seems they´re also playing in Chile. Like a mini south american tour. I´m mexican so I´ll definitely going to see them. 

As for the album, I don´t know what to expect honestly lmao, I thought it was going to be a more "melodic metal" thing like kidoairaku, but seeing the comparisons between "whats up?"(not crazy about the title tbh) and One Ok Rock and Dezert I don´t know what to expect anymore, so I guess we´ll just have to wait and hear for ourselves.

12 minutes ago, Ameyoru said:

They sold out the limited donate-a-bag-of-animal-food-and-pay-the-half-of-the-price ticket. Still selling the normal one (which you still can pay the half if you are student) and the M&G.

Spoiler

Also, In events like that, the "half of the price" thing is pretty normal in Brazil. Political stuff. But in the end of the day, the normal tickets just have their price inflated and almost everyone pays the "half of the double"... which is suppossed to be the real price?

Anyway, some days ago someone from the organizers told that the tickets were "selling well" in general. In total, there was 300 tickets on sale. Let's see.

53 minutes ago, Tokage said:

i cant believe people are willing to pay for what essentially amounts to a karaoke show at this point lmao

✦☆✧♥︎~☾𝒮𝒶𝓉𝓈𝓊𝓀𝒾   𝓉𝒶𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉   𝒽𝒶☽~♥︎✧☆✦ 

Edited by nekkichi

4 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

I’m not feeling the effects they’ve put on Sho’s vocals. The preview still isn’t long enough to form an opinion on the song 

Maybe in 2 days they let us see the 1 minute preview and, with luck, we got the full MV the day after before release.

Sho looks visual enough for me and idk about the uglies so it's good;

there's some promise in the track, but I'm not holding any hopes for the entire album.

charge ur phone sisT