Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

1 hour ago, TheZigzagoon said:

How are they meant to afford going to this live in Mexico, produce and advertise this album and continue doing lives in Japan? Judging from what we’ve heard in this thread they aren’t that popular in Japan? I personally think this is a poor move financially 

There were 60-70 people at the oneman today as far as I know. 

I’m also wondering how is that trip to Mexico being funded.

44 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

There were 60-70 people at the oneman today as far as I know. 

I’m also wondering how is that trip to Mexico being funded.

Got a setlist for me? 😆

My Japanese friend went to the show. He loves Dimlim and it was his first time seeing them. Here's his gushing:

I feel like I don’t want to leave here.

The show was just perfect. It was truly the best show I’ve ever seen. I was so drunk by the songs and his voice.

I was like watching a movie.

If there is only one concert I can take you. I would choose DIMLIM. 

What was surprising was that the vocal sho was singing toward his left not front, so I had to keep looking at his face of the left side.

As I expected, I only saw three members and they perfectly played all songs using recorded sound. I wonder how they possibly could do that.

Next email:

・Sho's shout was a laser beam

・There was a crazy guy in front of me. The guy kept shouting every time Sho shouted. It was so loud that the microphone caught his voice.

・The show started from "Rijin", my favorite song!!!

・I really liked the other song of Rijin, 肉腫と繁殖と不快感. I enjoyed the song so much at the live thanks to you.

・喜 was played early! Everyone was very excited to hear that.

・Sho had water very often. I guessed shouting hurts his throat very much.

・The guitarist had mustache.

・They didn't say thank you at last, which I thought it was kind of rude.

・When sho succeeded in singing the shouting part of Vanitas, everyone started to clap him a lot!!

・Oh, I saw music video of their new song. It's "What's up"

・I can't wait for their next show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked if I could share and commented on how in his pictures it didn't look like it was all girls in the crowd and there were foreigners.

Of course you can share anything! I want to tell people who left bad reputation how perfect it was!!!

Only three members made that concert using a computer.

Yeah only that show. I thought probably there were more guys than girls, at least half. It seemed like that. And some foreigners.

They showed us new music video called what’s up.

It was surprising the song sounded pop that reminded me of ONE OK ROCK.

Some might not like it, but I like they are trying to do something new!!

By the way, the vocal looked very young without makeup. I sort of felt like looking at a show of university students. But the quality was professional.

Edited by Snaked0g

4 minutes ago, Snaked0g said:

They showed us new music video called what’s up.

It was surprising the song sounded pop that reminded me of ONE OK ROCK.

Some might not like it, but I like they are trying to do something new!!

Dimlim song in One Ok Rock style is something i definitely want to see.  As long as it is not new One Ok Rock though. Eye of the storm is their worst album by far for me.

My friend told me to share his pictures. Also, he says:

Oh, I remembered one more thing.  The vocal went crazy more and more as the show went further. He hit his forehead and chest with the microphone.

Apparently I could see he was high. 

When I was a bit worried and thought "Is he OK??" I didn't miss the drummer glanced at him looking worried.

Well now I think Sho has the biggest power in the band, other members might not have a choice but follow anything he says.

Edited by Snaked0g

12 minutes ago, Snaked0g said:

My friend told me to share his pictures. Also, he says:

Oh, I remembered one more thing.  The vocal went crazy more and more as the show went further. He hit his forehead and chest with the microphone.

Apparently I could see he was high. 

When I was a bit worried and thought "Is he OK??" I didn't miss the drummer glanced at him looking worried.

Well now I think Sho has the biggest power in the band, other members might not have a choice but follow anything he says.

Sho channeling Kyo? lol

Also surprised they're in just hoodies and jeans with no makeup 

Awful look and new song promised to sound like one ok rock or new Dezert?

Didn't think I'd say this about the band who made the best single of the year, but, my expectations are close to zero for the album.

Not sure what happened but maybe the momentum died with the two guys who left/was forced out. 

I hope what they mean by sounding like one ok rock is something close to 怒 (jazzy/not heavy but feels good to listen), otherwise sad reactions only and I will be only following them to see IRL pics of Retsu's moustache

9 minutes ago, platy said:

"Like the new dezert" 

Is this TODAY dezert or black hole dezert because the difference is HUGE

I'd guess it's today DEZERT, so black hole. :D

I think it won't stray too far from something like 怒.

These impressions are often way different to the end result. I remember when sukekiyo first started some japanese fans were saying their sound was similar to gauze. Still holding hope for now.

7 minutes ago, Tanishi said:

These impressions are often way different to the end result. I remember when sukekiyo first started some japanese fans were saying their sound was similar to gauze. Still holding hope for now.

Any song with Kyo doing mostly or all clean vocals “sounds like Gauze” to some people 

My expectations are 0 for this new album!  I say that because I really am a fan of DIMLIM.  I follow their every step, every detail.  But I confess that these latest events have made me very sad about the band.  

I don't know, what Retsu's doing sounds stupid and stupid, changing the band totally like that!  It seems hasty.  CHE DO ARA has worked so well, has been acclaimed by the vast majority, and why does he want to change this formula now?  Why didn't he break up DIMLIM and start a band with this new style, since he wants them to see his real taste?  THAT DOES NOT GET ME DOWN!  I can not accept!  Damn, I would never imagine in my life that DIMLIM would be compared to ONE OK ROCK.  

Maybe Retsu also wants to change his style to reach a wider fan range.  But he forgets he's only there because the visual kei has brought DIMLIM there ... I'll wait for what this album will bring (ahh, not to mention that ridiculous cover even a child can do using Paint. They postponed the album  to bring a shit cover like that?).  I hope this "new phase" is just an experience and CHE DO ARA DIMLIM will be back ...

I don't think japanese fans are too precise when it comes to describing music so I'd pass judgment on the one ok rock comparison for now 😛

that said the dezert thing...👀