Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

8 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

I only paid attention to D.I.D after I got into DIMLIM so I know almost nothing about them, aside from Akane’s antics. 

issei era and a good half of chedoara sound 1:1 like late para:noir/d.i.d. except with slightly with less vocal reverb and layering, it's one of the reasons I can't take them seriously to this day.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:12 PM, sleepy coffee said:

are we really going to forget the upgrade in quality of music dimlim went through when transitioning from issei to retsu lol.

Have said this from the beginning and although later DIMLIM is still all good in my opinion, still a much bigger fan of the Issei days. And not going to lie, if Issei was still "in charge" of DIMLIM, (which I'm aware there are/would be problems with, we're just assuming everything would be cool and Issei isn't a nobsack) they'd probably be thriving and kicking plenty of ass still. I mean look at NAZARE, seem very active, doing a lot of shows and putting out a good load of releases, some tracks which in my opinion would've worked pretty well as follow ups to the early DIMLIM stuff (look at Innocence for example) so it's a shame how things have worked out but I still 100% think Retsu needs to just leave DIMLIM alone for now and go back to music with DIMLIM or without DIMLIM when he has his shit together basically. This "second album" if it ever gets released is either going to make or break the band.

29 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

regardless of what happens to dim bitches next I'm legit thrilled issei departed so early x

I know he's a dickhead, but he is legitimately a great musician and song-writer and as that was my favourite era of DIMLIM I consider that quite a big blow, I mean they have shown they can write good music without him, but they haven't really shown they can manage themselves since Issei left, and since NAZARE seem to be doing pretty well for themselves, so regardless of how much anyone likes/dislikes him, he puts in the work writing good music, gets shit done business wise and overall manages his band(s) much better. So ya know.....

Edited by Kabukichoatmidnight

I´m honestly not a very big fan of Issei as a songwriter, but at least as a band manager he´s waaaaaay better than Retsu, he´s also improved a lot as a producer.

15 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Looks like Dimlim is going to Mexico next year...

I would say this is really fucking random but it seems like theres even a small following of fans of starwave bands in mexico as well so who knows lmao

1 minute ago, sleepy coffee said:

I would say this is really fucking random but it seems like theres even a small following of fans of starwave bands in mexico as well so who knows lmao

Versaille and it's low budget versions are super popular in Latin America for some reason.
But idk how Dimlim will do, I haven't seen many people be vocal about them around here. I hope they do well.

Just now, Komorebi said:

Versaille and it's low budget versions are super popular in Latin America for some reason.
But idk how Dimlim will do, I haven't seen many people be vocal about them around here. I hope they do well.

Ya I guess we'll see it's still hard to believe this is real. I'm in socal so might as well say fuck it and book a trip now

How are they meant to afford going to this live in Mexico, produce and advertise this album and continue doing lives in Japan? Judging from what we’ve heard in this thread they aren’t that popular in Japan? I personally think this is a poor move financially 

9 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

How are they meant to afford going to this live in Mexico, produce and advertise this album and continue doing lives in Japan? Judging from what we’ve heard in this thread they aren’t that popular in Japan? I personally think this is a poor move financially 

From what I can tell whoever is the agency or promotional company (I really dont specifically when it comes to these sort of things) is the same guys who handled dir en greys stop in mexico this past week .

https://www.facebook.com/Ninshiconciertos/ 

Edited by sleepy coffee