Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

9 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Retsu is clearly having a mental breakdown. How are downloads of Kidoairaku hindering sales when all the copies have been sold?

That's what I thought!

But the theory came to me that it probably didn't sell out on August 17th and they are selling what's left in the "little shops" when the band does an event or show, I don't know ... I'm Brazilian, I never went to their show (unfortunately ). But that is the only explanation!

3 minutes ago, hyuugaxxx said:

That's what I thought!

But the theory came to me that it probably didn't sell out on August 17th and they are selling what's left in the "little shops" when the band does an event or show, I don't know ... I'm Brazilian, I never went to their show (unfortunately ). But that is the only explanation!

iirc people had to email ahead of time how many copies they wanted of kidoairaku so in theory they shouldnt have had any extras unless someone asked for more copies than they could have afforded or just never ended up going to the show or something. 

I sincerely admire the Japanese culture and the way they treat piracy. But "fighting it" is wanting to be stressed for nothing unfortunately.

You who live in Japan, I hope you know that visual kei is only known here because of online piracy, because before these digital platforms that we have today exist, visual kei HERE in the west was sustained and sustained with illegal downloads. (I'm not justifying the mistake), but it happens since the internet is internet. This happens to ALL ARTISTS IN THE WORLD.

And not all visual kei bands are willing to debilitate their work on digital platforms. And how do you think they are known here? Yeah, piracy!

Retsu getting annoyed by this is harmful to himself. Even though he is completely correct in his claims.

23 minutes ago, sleepy coffee said:

As pessoas da IIRC tiveram que enviar por e-mail antecipadamente quantas cópias queriam do kidoairaku; portanto, em teoria, elas não deveriam ter extras, a menos que alguém pedisse mais cópias do que elas poderiam pagar ou simplesmente nunca fosse ao programa ou algo assim. 

So I don't know why he said that ...

1 hour ago, hyuugaxxx said:

That's what I thought!

They aren’t. The only DIMLIM CD available at all physical stores is Rijin. I looked for Chedoara all over Tokyo. 

I also inquired about Kidoairaku and they not only sold all the copies but are absolutely not printing more. 

1 hour ago, hyuugaxxx said:

Exactly, that's what he said.

It’s ridiculous for him to assume that fans overseas are just gonna sit and not listen to it because of piracy. He needs to think before choosing to release something like that to a limited amount of fans in one small area 

20 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

I looked for Chedoara all over Tokyo. 

i bought the first press at jishuban club in june, but i'm sure they had very few left at that time

as for anti-piracy of live-limited goods...i guess it's probably so that in the event they decide to re-record or re-release tracks of live-limited material, people will still buy it. i guess less would if they had already heard it, or maybe that's the mentality. OR it's meant to feel like a special limited privilege and will feel less-so if it's widespread idk.

i just feel shitty about it all because i really felt they could be the next big thing, but due to some choices the band/retsu seem to be making their future seems unclear for now. i hope for the best, though.

Edited by Paraph

4 hours ago, Seelentau said:

9CBZDax.pngPsSG8KO.png

He took DIMLIM to the pinnacle with CHEDOARA, now he's making the band get a lot of criticism over unnecessary bouts.

I as DIMLIM FAN felt very offended when he said, "We don't want to hear anyone's opinion." Damn, doesn't even a fan have a say? If DIMLIM conquered any space, even small, it was because of the FANS! What are we to him? Money bills? We have no right to opine?

I say this because I love Retsu, but even Issei didn't do this kind of thing he's doing!

Just now, hyuugaxxx said:

"We don't want to hear anyone's opinion.

im gonna go out on a limb and say english is probably not retsu's first language so that statement could be interpreted in a variety of ways. my guess is he meant it moreso hes not going to let anything change or impact what he wants to create musically. 

Sho and Hiroshi haven’t said a word. Retsu is the only one flailing his arms all over social media. 

I love where Retsu took Dimlim with Chedoara, and I’ve supported them to the best of my ability from the other side of the pond (bought Chedoara and Rijin physically and digitally, and stream them on Spotify), but as I’ve said before the band needs someone to take care of the business side of things. “We don’t want to hear opinions” is exactly why they think they can continue on playing this dense and intricate music live with just three members and some playback to fill the missing space. Someone needs to slap some sense into them. Probably just Retsu. 

And he’s so protective over Kidoairaku, it’s weird. PUT IT ON SPOTIFY OR SOMETHING, YOU DIPSHIT! WTF?!

58 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Sho and Hiroshi haven’t said a word. Retsu is the only one flailing his arms all over social media. 

I'm talking about Retsu and that other dipshit that left.

2 hours ago, nekkichi said:

for the 『Real fanS』

Remember,  a 『Real fanS』™ would rather not listen to their music at all than downloading it illegally. Because that's how 『Real fanS』™ support the band: By not listening to their music!

Edited by Seelentau

21 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Remember,  a 『Real fanS』™ would rather not listen to their music at all than downloading it illegally. Because that's how 『Real fanS』™ support the band: By not listening to their music!

teaaaa

I've also been amping my 『Яeal faИ』game ever since articlear EPs started coming out: I haven't listened to narcissist sensation's band in like a month by now (what month is it) and don't plan on touching them until that album gets leaked too (no preorders from this clown for now.)

Retsu just seems really pretentious. His reason for making the band no longer wear makeup was he wanted to be seen as a human. Like... makeup didn't hide your humanity in the first place but ok. I admire the work he did on Chedoara, but giving him full power is starting to backfire. Eventually, Sho and Hiroshi are going to have enough and break up the band. 

10 hours ago, suji said:

why are people from this band literally bitches???

Well Retsu and Issei were both from D.I.D, if that is any explanation lol

1 minute ago, Komorebi said:

Retsu was in D.I.D? For real? I thought he was a newbie.

I think that he was their roadie and later, when shit hit the fan, a support member.

2 minutes ago, 123Sandman321 said:

I think that he was their roadie and later, when shit hit the fan, a support member.

Ohhh I see, thanks. 

I only paid attention to D.I.D after I got into DIMLIM so I know almost nothing about them, aside from Akane’s antics.