Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

>makes live limited CD

>makes it available at a single live, inaccessible for a good chunk of fans

>overseas fans resort to downloading it to listen

>band wonders why their inaccessible music is being downloaded and complain about it 

I’m sorry but Retsu can’t sit and whine about their INACCESSIBLE music being downloaded by fans who don’t wanna pay crazy second hand prices. I notice it’s only Retsu making these complaints and being loud on social media whilst Hiroshi and Sho keep quiet on the matter

Just now, TheZigzagoon said:

I didn’t actually know that! 

theres a twitter thats floated around but im pretty sure its fake and hasnt been used in like 2 years so yeah afaik hes not any social media site 

it's too bad they don't seem to have proper support at home and have to do it all by themselves (and I can relate by being someone who also hates asking for help), but i'm 100% over their bullshit tbh

10 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

It's becoming harder and harder to love this band for every new page of this thread. Leaving VK, whining, programming instruments instead of finding replacement members...

I proclaimed them saviours of VK some time ago, now I'm wondering if they will last the year.

How things can change.

Remember when people were saying mamireta were the saviors of VK and a copy of their 3-month consecutive release was going for $100s? That was only last year.

Not that DIMLIM and mamireta are on the same league, but it's just an example to not put all your eggs in one basket too quickly.

5 hours ago, platy said:

Remember when people were saying mamireta were the saviors of VK and a copy of their 3-month consecutive release was going for $100s? That was only last year.

Not that DIMLIM and mamireta are on the same league, but it's just an example to not put all your eggs in one basket too quickly.

I think I've got what you say, but music wise I wouldn't put Dimlim in the same level with Mamireta. After "Ojamashimasu" -a song that delivered a genuine concept while at the same time revived the 00's 'Kagerouesque' legacy- Mamireta still hasn't released a single song you can actually say it's worth the listening in a sense of "Wow, this is really filling the gap other bands have left and definitely doesn't sound samey at all". 

At least, that is my meaning for "VK saviour".

Edited by saiko

6 hours ago, saiko said:

I think I've got what you say, but music wise I wouldn't put Dimlim in the same level with Mamireta. After "Ojamashimasu" -a song that delivered a genuine concept while at the same time revived the 00's 'Kagerouesque' legacy- Mamireta still hasn't released a single song you can actually say it's worth the listening in a sense of "Wow, this is really filling the gap other bands have left and definitely doesn't sound samey at all". 

At least, that is my meaning for "VK saviour".

I totally agree, hence why I stated in my previous comment that dimlim and mamireta aren't on the same level lol like the latter, dimlim might be a one or two hit wonder (or rather, 2 release wonder) so as incredible as they have been so far, we should never be too hasty to call anyone a savior in this scene. 

4 hours ago, platy said:

I totally agree, hence why I stated in my previous comment that dimlim and mamireta aren't on the same level lol like the latter 

You are right, how come I hadn't paid attention to it lol

On 10/7/2019 at 4:27 AM, saiko said:

After "Ojamashimasu" -a song that delivered a genuine concept while at the same time revived the 00's 'Kagerouesque' legacy- Mamireta still hasn't released a single song you can actually say it's worth the listening in a sense of "Wow, this is really filling the gap other bands have left and definitely doesn't sound samey at all". 

Have you not heard their song about brushing teeth yet? Fucking masterpiece. ;) 

Or the tabaco one, just love his random "俺-style" slang talking. Who did/does this otherwise?

And no matter how often I see Ojama or 被害妄想 live, Im not getting tired of it. And name one other vk band with a breakdancer.

(However, I do get what you mean, but from your standard I think it would mean there is not a single vk band worth listening (which might be true tho!))

On 10/10/2019 at 7:38 PM, filth_y said:

And no matter how often I see Ojama or 被害妄想 live, Im not getting tired of it. And name one other vk band with a breakdancer.

I got to admit, when I first saw mamireta I had heard a few songs, but never paid them that much attention so did piss myself when "batsu" jumps off the stage into the crowd and started hitting some quality break dancing moves. Wont forget that in a hurry. lol.

Hi all! :)

Can someone please post DIMLIM's setlist from 2019/09/20 Aoyama RizM?

I've been uploading all that I can find to setlist.fm (thank you very much for providing those), but no one seems to have posted this one yet.

5 minutes ago, senteshi said:

Hi all! :)

Can someone please post DIMLIM's setlist from 2019/09/20 Aoyama RizM?

I've been uploading all that I can find to setlist.fm (thank you very much for providing those), but no one seems to have posted this one yet.

IMG_20191015_151519.jpg

23 minutes ago, chipathy said:

IMG_20191015_151519.jpg

Thank you very much!

I'm quite eager to upload more missing dates, if you have some and can't find them on setlist.fm. Feel free to PM me on that regard. ;)

I added some more, but you can find some missing ones here: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q="DIMLIM" セトリ&src=typd

Also, I fixed some of the typos etc., to comply with the website's guidlines.

Here, if you want to go all-out. Be careful, though, they list instore events in the same list as their lives: https://web.archive.org/web/20170606171549/http://www.dimlim-official.com:80/schedule/

If you want to see new old dates, just click on the blue arrow at the top.

Edited by Seelentau

2 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Setlist is nice and know they seem to be trying to get away from the old stuff but am a little sad to see they've dropped all the pre-CHEDOARA stuff from the live  shows. :(

There's rights involved, most likely.

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

There's rights involved, most likely.

idts, they're likely stylistically distancing themselves from their issei/heavy vk period by choice rn, but since its VK they'll probably bring a lot of that back if their gya stop attending the gigs with newer stuff only.

If Issei pulled a cease and desist on his compositions being played live then he’s a bigger dick than I thought. It’s not likely though. They probably just don’t want to play that shit anymore. 

2 hours ago, Saishu said:

If Issei pulled a cease and desist on his compositions being played live then he’s a bigger dick than I thought. It’s not likely though. They probably just don’t want to play that shit anymore. 

I do agree with you, however, how would a cease and desist work in this scenario? Wouldn't someone automatically relinquish the rights to the music if they leave the band and gets replaced?