Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

No bassist is ridiculous. Do they have bass via playback now or is there just straight up no bass at all? 

Bottom line is exactly what Duwang said: they need to get their shit together. 

57 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Retsu posted a new plug-in that he just bought, so programmed bass and drums for the new album is highly likely. 

Even with Hiroshi around theyd opt for programmed drums?

50 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Even with Hiroshi around theyd opt for programmed drums?

Unless one of the guys has their own studio space, yeah. It’s way more time and cost effective to do everything from a laptop in your bedroom than it is to rent out a space to record. It’s pretty common now. 

we've heard that exact song so many times in this scene, but good for her

we stan authenticity 👏

we moreso love creatives who lift their entire sound and aesthetics from the visual bands they supported for some five years ago and come up with some faux-deep bs now

Edited by nekkichi

Franlky, I do think that it's a good thing for Dimlim that they drop the visuals.

After all, to the majority of female audience jrock musicians are a thing - simply a projection of their adrogynous perfect males from the dreams. The audience couldn't care less.

So if Retsu is truly fed up with it - good for him.

I did see Retsu post a slightly worrying instagram story a few days back, seemed like the guy was in a bit of a slump and just basically said something like 「曲ができない」if I remember correctly, which I interpreted as being along the lines of "I can't make music/songs" so that also doesn't seem terribly positive. If anyone else who knows Japanese better than me (as I'm far from good) has any better ideas then shoot. haha. 

I did also see the instagram post about him buying some Spectrasonics gear which I also use actually, they're an amazing company so if he's using their stuff I'm pretty confident the SE's will improve dramatically as unless you literally have no idea how to use a VST then you can't fail to make something half decent sounding using Spectrasonics stuff. Just my opinion. haha.

4 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

I did see Retsu post a slightly worrying instagram story a few days back, seemed like the guy was in a bit of a slump and just basically said something like 「曲ができない」if I remember correctly, which I interpreted as being along the lines of "I can't make music/songs" so that also doesn't seem terribly positive. If anyone else who knows Japanese better than me (as I'm far from good) has any better ideas then shoot. haha.

Just regular artist being dramatic. / drawing / music block lol almost every artist I follow on twitter posts something like that every few weeks myself included. But if he's going through some ~find myself~ era then who knows how long a block can last... especially with the added drama of being a performer with eyes watching you. Hopefully they don't just force out something really flaccid for the sake of a single cause I think that'd be it.
-
Even though I haven't really enjoyed much from them since CHEDOARA I hope they can do well, if he wants to be free of make up / VK style then good for him who cares, only matters that they feel confident to make goodmusic.

It's becoming harder and harder to love this band for every new page of this thread. Leaving VK, whining, programming instruments instead of finding replacement members...

I proclaimed them saviours of VK some time ago, now I'm wondering if they will last the year.

How things can change.

Funny as well as that post on instagram is basically just full of people basically saying "we love the band but when we live overseas and can't buy these CD's what more do you expect us to do? We want to hear and enjoy your music, not miss out because we can't attend a live show." lol. A common thing said on here, and I completely agree. haha.

To open up this can of worms again, I understand Retsu’s point about illegal uploads, but using a track from Kidoairaku as an example softens it. Unless they’re still sitting on a ton of unsold copies or it’s suddenly become commercially available, complaining about it now doesn’t make much sense. 

13 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Funny as well as that post on instagram is basically just full of people basically saying "we love the band but when we live overseas and can't buy these CD's what more do you expect us to do? We want to hear and enjoy your music, not miss out because we can't attend a live show." lol. A common thing said on here, and I completely agree. haha.

To be fair, Chedoara and Rijin are on iTunes and streaming services. 

good sis is so deep in her insulated world she no longer realizes it were instore events, not fan shaming, that got her rival band the sales - and def not the $50 live-only offering

On 9/29/2019 at 9:04 PM, nekkichi said:

alexa define delulu

8 minutes ago, Saishu said:

To be fair, Chedoara and Rijin are on iTunes and streaming services. 

I think most people are referring to the live only releases. Am guessing if they love DIMLIM that much they are buying the discs they can, I do and know a lot of you other guys on here do, just is live only that problems start to come up. haha.

27 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Unless they’re still sitting on a ton of unsold copies or it’s suddenly become commercially available,

iirc u had to send them an email ahead of time the oneman how many copies of kidoairaku you wanted so I assume if they have extra copies its not many