Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

22 hours ago, Wakarimashita said:

They opened an instagram account:

https://www.instagram.com/dimlim_official/

After looking at their new pics, it's clear they had their hair done for the session, and also used make up at least for delivering a 'natural' effect. So they still look pretty elegant, dramatic, gothy and androginous in this 'new look'. Although them announcing they are going to tone down a good part of their old looks, maybe they won't completely erase the key elements of the 'VK' look. 

Feeling positive today, lol

Edited by saiko

On 9/25/2019 at 3:53 PM, Komorebi said:

I'll be seeing DIMLIM on November 8th. I plan to offer shopping service.

I'm putting this here in advance so everyone knows there are ways of supporting them and getting their merch from overseas.

I'll take orders until November 7th.

Awesome! I'd love a tshirt if the designs are any good :3

On 9/25/2019 at 4:53 PM, Komorebi said:

I'm putting this here in advance so everyone knows there are ways of supporting them and getting their merch from overseas.

What's going to be available for sale? Is there a list of merch to be read anywhere?

5 hours ago, nullmoon said:

Awesome! I'd love a tshirt if the designs are any good :3

1 hour ago, Wakarimashita said:

What's going to be available for sale? Is there a list of merch to be read anywhere?

I'm not sure if the stuff listed on their website is sold out or not but otherwise go on their twitter and scroll through down the images, and they post pics of their new merch 

Actuallt fuck it I'll just post it to help people out 

The only stuff not available is the live limited cd and the wristband in the second link that was also exclusive to their one man

Edit: oh that white vanitas shirt might be sold out as well, that or the band staff keeps forgetting to bring it to shows

Edited by chipathy

On 9/22/2019 at 5:05 AM, Tanishi said:

I have a bad feeling the album's gonna get llll ligro'd. I really hope it doesn't though but it's vk, you always need to expect the worst.

I mean, at least we got Chedoara. Tomurai was never released. 

I can see the album still coming out, but being a heavily computerized effort. Like it’ll probably just be Sho and Retsu laying down vocals and guitars to save money. 

Then again its due out in December and it’s nearly October with no real updates about it soooo...

Yeah of course the Tomurai debacle was very hard to swallow but to be honest I wouldn't be concerned yet. The "Vanitas" music video was posted on the 2nd of June, and Chedoara itself was out on the 8th of August, more than 2 months after it. We woulnd't see a "digest video" of the Chedoara songs until August 13, 5 days after the release of the album. I understand people have legitimate reasons to be feeling concerned but I don't think it's time to be freaking out yet. Have stuff to be continuously postponed without little explanation like Tomurai, then I'm going to be actually concerned.

BTW, has any j-rock/vk band ever tried any crowdfunding campaign or subscription system or something like that? Maybe it could help them. I kinda doubt it considering the japanese music industry is so assbackwards lol

9 minutes ago, kuyashii said:

has any j-rock/vk band ever tried any crowdfunding campaign or subscription system or something like that?

I think blacknazarene might be on patreon? They're one of those idol/metal groups. Otherwise I've also seen some of em on bandcamp and on that website u can buy an album but give them more than the base price 

26 minutes ago, kuyashii said:

BTW, has any j-rock/vk band ever tried any crowdfunding campaign or subscription system or something like that? Maybe it could help them. I kinda doubt it considering the japanese music industry is so assbackwards lol

yep. Alice9 and Kaya had done successful crowdfunding for their releases in the past, there's an ongoing campaign to bring Sui to Europe for a concert (I'm not following her so idk if they reached the milestone.)

if paid fanclubs fall under your idea of subscriptions, those are out there for p much every prominent vk act.

Edited by nekkichi

On 9/25/2019 at 10:53 AM, Komorebi said:

If the Vanitas shirt is still available, I’d like one of those. If not the Aizou ni tsuki is cool. Maybe the shigarami towel too. 

I imagine an American large is like an XL over there?

On 9/29/2019 at 11:36 AM, chipathy said:

tbh im not even sure what overseas labels even bother with vk acts beyond gan-shin records but ya 

Maybe JPU Records, but I think the only VK band they release stuff from is the GazettE and, well, there's a pretty big difference in popularity between them and DIMLIM.

Why do these posts from DIMLIM feel a bit like they are trying TOO hard to get known overseas? I almost feel like it's a last ditch effort before they just say "this isn't working, fuck it." and throw in all their unsold towels. Seems a little desperate.

The problem is that it seems like Dimlim has no fucking idea what they’re doing and they most likely don’t have the funds to hire someone to do it for them. 

I don’t know. Slapping your music on iTunes and streaming services with little fanfare and tweeting out that you want to tour overseas probably isn’t quite enough. 

I fear the worst really. 

I wanna buy some merch of these buys, particularly a shirt but I'm too fat for Japanese sizes 😢 Vk doesn''t have any 2xs :(

Edited by anadentone
spelling

17 minutes ago, Saishu said:

The problem is that it seems like Dimlim has no fucking idea what they’re doing and they most likely don’t have the funds to hire someone to do it for them. 

I don’t know. Slapping your music on iTunes and streaming services with little fanfare and tweeting out that you want to tour overseas probably isn’t quite enough. 

I fear the worst really. 

I really think guys need to play a lot in Japan, build their loyal fanbase even if it is little, and then think about moving on to something else. I feel they are rushing things a bit.

Btw, how come they don't have "someone" behind? I mean, the releases, the recordings, the PVs... I mean, I always supposed they actually had an 'infrastructure', to say, I think they are far from being just guys composing djent in pajama in their parents house at 3:00 a.m. (Btw, how old are they?).

But if this isn't the case, their output is by far so good for today's scene standars that I'm sure they already had a bigger VK-bands managing house interested in asking Dimlim to join them! 

Edited by saiko

47 minutes ago, anadentone said:

I wanna buy some merch of these buys, particularly a shirt but I'm too fat for Japanese sizes 😢 Vk doesn''t have any 2xs :(

Most If not all of dimlim shirts are full size which is basically xxl

Before thinking about doing anything oversea they need to rethink about their current situation, get a bassist, maybe a second guitarist, decide if they are keeping their visuals or not, write more music, ca$h some fat buck$ with merchandise, usual stuff every single band does y'know? I'd hate to see them go because of very poor hindsight...