Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

Um... Can you guys can try writing some goodass reviews on popular music sites like rateyourmusic? People there really dig reviews and ratings. My English sucks but I'll try too anyway. Better than nothing.

I also requested some music youtubers to feature this band and made some threads on other forums in which im active at featuring this band. 

They need advertisement. I don't see any reason why any metal fan won't like them. 

6 minutes ago, FOSCOR70 said:

I also requested some music youtubers to feature this band and made some threads on other forums in which im active at featuring this band. 

I'm hoping Jared Dines reacts to them in one of his videos, even just for like a minute like he did with DEVILOOF. I think that would help their popularity a lot since Jared has so many subscribers.

14 hours ago, 123Sandman321 said:

Rijin and IDEAL released a month apart, both charted for a week, 134th (same as THE SILENT SONG) and 61st, respectively.

That may have to do with the fact that Nazare does instore events and Dimlim doesn't. But then again, what do I know about VK.

btw, for those who mentioned buying 10 copies; that's what bangya do. No novelty there either.

I'm not really sure what they think they're doing in drifting away from VK. I understand that costumes and makeup stylists cost a lot of money but I feel like by not doing it they could lose that bangya revenue and that's crucial. :| I mean they are probably in a bit of a pinch right now and they're trying to save money where they can. But also, on Retsu's insta story he replied to a question asking why he's growing out his beard with something like "to show the real me" and that's a bit worrying to me. Idk, ultimately I want them to survive. I'm going to be trying to throw as much money at them as I possibly can from here on. 

23 hours ago, platy said:

Let's start a movement by buying dimlim's next release, digital or physical... Doesn't matter. I understand most of us are broke but this is for the greater good. Issei's (possibly having) a smug smile on his face gives me cramps. 

Chedoara and Rijin are still available digitally anywhere digital music is sold. I bought mine via Amazon. Rijin is literally $1.99. 

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth here, but buying albums shouldn't be a radical death saving throw we don't do until things get dire. 

15 minutes ago, mahoujin said:

Chedoara and Rijin are still available digitally anywhere digital music is sold. I bought mine via Amazon. Rijin is literally $1.99. 

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth here, but buying albums shouldn't be a radical death saving throw we don't do until things get dire. 

I agree with you. I buy digital versions whenever I can. I'll put money aside for a single or two when a band I like announces stuff. It's just a matter of planning one's spending.

Edit: I've said it here before, it'll sound reductive but if we  sacrifice the weekly/daily take out or weekend pint, that's all it takes to be able to support a band digitally. 

6 minutes ago, platy said:

I agree with you. I buy digital versions whenever I can. I'll put money aside for a single or two when a band I like announces stuff. It's just a matter of planning one's spending.

Edit: I've said it here before, it'll sound reductive but if we  sacrifice the weekly/daily take out or weekend pint, that's all it takes to be able to support a band digitally. 

Yes exactly! It's not an unreasonable suggestion to narrow your scope to a few favorite bands and set aside $10-20 a month for buying music. Especially if you talk big game about how music is your passion. 

I made it a point to buy the digital versions of Chedoara and Rijin when they hit US iTunes, even though I already had the physical versions. It’s more about support on both sides of the earth more than anything else. 

It definitely SEEMED like Dimlim was on the way up when the singles for Chedoara were dropping last summer. Amazon Japan sold out of the album and I had to wait several weeks before it was shipped. I don’t know, maybe they aren’t making themselves visible enough? One album, one single, and a live limited mini is rather sparse output compared to other young VK bands hungry for success. And that’s not to imply they aren’t working hard, but there has to be something holding them back. 

I guess I'll buy some of their stuff soon, I want them to keep rolling.

Also I feel like the makeup thing is just temporary & will come back soon, it might just be a combo of going through a rough moment + being lazy lol

Maybe they never really were fans of the whole visual thing and they just went for it expecting to appeal to its fanbase and eventually just grew tired of it (more or less a reverse Nocturnal Bloodlust, who started as a non-vk act and shifted into vk for the money)?

19 minutes ago, Paraph said:

i just assumed the vk drop is a move to attract a broader western audience but who knows. i'm sure music-wise their new efforts will slay.

Retsu does keep posting on instagram stuff like "where do you want us to play overseas?" and such so possibly so!

Tbh I'm not really surprised about them dropping the V Kei image, especially as they've always been easily able to be part of both V Kei and the more "extreme" metal scene. I've always had the impression they don't fully want to market themselves as a full on V kei band, that may sound a bit weird but they're not the kind of band who are releasing singles every month or two and take a long time between releases which keeps things higher quality. (+They're probably all trying to run part time jobs as well as doing the music) And the way they are focused on putting out albums, instead of single after single, even the way they promote themselves seems more like Dir, or any of the other bigger bands in the Japanese scene do, like they don't tend to drop so many lyric videos, sample music videos, album snippets (not in the same way most v kei bands do at least) and such. They've not had the easiest ride so far, but they've managed to recover from losing members before so aren't so worried about them coming back from this. But at the same time will not be surprised if they did decide to call it quits and focus on other projects or whatever, would be a bummer but they've made some quality stuff that'll be around forever so that's good enough for me.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:35 AM, ambivalentideal said:

But also, on Retsu's insta story he replied to a question asking why he's growing out his beard with something like "to show the real me" and that's a bit worrying to me

yeah I'm worried too, every vk queennie who did the tragic azn beard thing looked like an incel like literally no exceptions here, I hope we'll see the fake her soon like lashes wig a bit of extensions here and there maybe a fishnet too what else

Edited by nekkichi

DIMLIM CAN'T GET OUT OF THE VISUAL KEI! It's one of the few really good bands on the scene these days. It's my favorite band of my whole life. I love visual kei, and I love that my favorite band is from this scene, it can't happen! I'm very sad about this new "logo type". I look at him and give me the impression that everything to come will be really bad ... I'm not even so excited for this second album. I hope to be wrong. DIMLIM is everything to me! 😞

On 9/23/2019 at 6:00 PM, hyuugaxxx said:

DIMLIM CAN'T GET OUT OF THE VISUAL KEI! It's one of the few really good bands on the scene these days. It's my favorite band of my whole life. I love visual kei, and I love that my favorite band is from this scene, it can't happen! I'm very sad about this new "logo type". I look at him and give me the impression that everything to come will be really bad ... I'm not even so excited for this second album. I hope to be wrong. DIMLIM is everything to me! 😞

Chill bro. haha.

19 hours ago, Wakarimashita said:

They opened an instagram account:

https://www.instagram.com/dimlim_official/

Their instagram has been active for a while already, just deleted all the old stuff to replace it with this new look/direction or whatever they're doing. So it looks new, but it's not. lol.

12 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Their instagram has been active for a while already, just deleted all the old stuff to replace it with this new look/direction or whatever they're doing. So it looks new, but it's not. lol.

Oh woops! Never seen it before and fell for their advertisement LOL

1 minute ago, Wakarimashita said:

Oh woops! Never seen it before and fell for their advertisement LOL

Haha no worries. They do seem to be on a bit of a mission with deleting their history and whatnot at the moment. Heard they deleted a load of the old videos of YouTube as well.