Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

Another one man announced. Also anyone who went to last nights one man can tell us if they had support members on stage and if they're even anyone recognizable 

Edited by chipathy

13 minutes ago, Duwang said:

Also they're not doing makeup anymore so I guess they've officially dropped VK

I was also told there were no cheki being sold today so that could also be another indicator 

I really hope they fill out the lineup. I'm not stoked on them dropping the visuals, but I like their music enough to not be all that bugged by it. Was crossing my fingers we'd see a lineup reveal at this live or something, but kind of disheartened that it wasn't the case. 

2 hours ago, nekkichi said:

well I hope we're seeing new wig and beat once they secure that lynch. replacement major contract or something, but they must be pretty low on income right now for a band with this level of net hype.

Net hype doesn't pay their bills and 80% of Dimlim stans I know refuse to buy their music. Youtube likes don't feed bands, when will people learn.

9 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Youtube likes don't feed bands, when will people learn.

let's just say if they lose the fans they have rn and disband over their decision to leave VK with its quirks (i.e. cheki beer money) and relatively affluent stans, it's their choice.

13 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Youtube likes don't feed bands, when will people learn.

relying on western fans as a revenue source generally doesn't either, see - d'espairs ray (or unsraw, the closest thing to those guys in their current form.)

39 minutes ago, chipathy said:

They still look better without makeup than half the scene so who cares 

I loved Sho with makeup, but he actually looked great without!

(yup I was there too)

Edited by xLIZ4

As much as it hurts, I'm sure I would do the same if I were in their place. VK isn't nowadays a good scene to be related to in the eye of the public if you want to do actual art (at least not with 0.1mg, Chicboy and the like being around).

Btw, "leaving make up" shouldn't be a radical choice; maybe they are leaving the flamboyant look for a more quiet one, I hope so.

Edited by saiko

By the way, like a week back I was looking at Nocturnal Bloodlust's live schedule from their OHP, and it has since been removed, but iirc they were not doing anything vk related and in fact were doing gigs with metalcore bands. I wonder if they were also leaving the scene or trying to do both sides of the fence which DIMLIM used to or still does as well I guess. 

And Rijin selling less than Nazare is just depressing. I wasn't a huge fan but come on...

27 minutes ago, 123Sandman321 said:

Rijin and IDEAL released a month apart, both charted for a week, 134th (same as THE SILENT SONG) and 61st, respectively.

almost makes me assume that maybe playing with r34l brvvtvl bvndz in japan isn't a very good idea if physical sales are a target 🤔

I'll have to preorder their next public release tho just to rain on issei's debut indie oricon parade tbh I can't stand nazare and I'm rill petty rn

50 minutes ago, 123Sandman321 said:

Rijin and IDEAL released a month apart, both charted for a week, 134th (same as THE SILENT SONG) and 61st, respectively.

Now that's just depressing, imho Rijin is way better than IDEAL. I bought it both digitally and physically.

And I can't stand the thought of Issei being comfortable in NAZARE, wearing a smug grin, while DIMLIM are struggling.

Edited by Pandora_99
Typo and I had something to add