Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

4 hours ago, hyuugaxxx said:

Anyone else who noticed that Kidoairaku leaked with poor audio quality?

Yep, cant believe its 2019 and people are still ripping music under 320kbps

18 hours ago, Duwang said:

And that is exactly the reason why I said I'm not uploading Kidoairaku.

I doubt he'll send copyright strikes or harass people in the comments like Issei did, but if you uploaded their music to your Youtube channel I recommend taking it down if you want Dimlim to keep making their music accessible to overseas fans.

But Kidoairaku isn’t accessible to anyone overseas. That’s the problem. 

12 minutes ago, Saishu said:

But Kidoairaku isn’t accessible to anyone overseas. That’s the problem. 

That's the same age old conversation that comes up with every live limited release I feel like~ 

1 hour ago, Duwang said:

. I know of at least 4 people who went to O-West and did a shopping service,

This times 10000000

Dimlim is by far one of the more frequent bands that I've seen have people do shopping services for.

10 hours ago, chipathy said:

https://toppamedia.com/interview-2019-9-dimlim/ idk if anyone wants to be darling and translate or give us a tldr of it but I'd appreciate it

In one part they say that the idea for kidoairaku started when they decided to do the O-west live. They decided on the name to keep it simple and so they didn't need to think about it. So they're not chedoara b-sides (idk if we already knew this but I didn't)

5 hours ago, chipathy said:

well idk if anyone here has any connections but i guess its worth getting the word out (especially since was only posted on fb and who tf uses that anymore) 

I saw this post too but i don't understand what is expected ? Shall we give the email address to tour promoters or something else ? >< Thank you^^

6 hours ago, chipathy said:

well idk if anyone here has any connections but i guess its worth getting the word out (especially since was only posted on fb and who tf uses that anymore) 

How can we help? I'd kill to see them live over here. 

6 hours ago, chipathy said:

I'd not even suggest my own country but get them to anywhere in Europe and I'll fcking kayak there~ >.<

5 hours ago, lstknt3b said:

I saw this post too but i don't understand what is expected ? Shall we give the email address to tour promoters or something else ? >< Thank you^^

5 hours ago, platy said:

How can we help? I'd kill to see them live over here. 

I dont know the details of how to get the word out there but your best shot is contacting those companies that have brought over past vk bands in recent years like v star, fake star, chaotic harmony etc. I guess just expressing interest is the most u can do and theyll take it from there.

Also maybe theres a way to get dimlim circulating around some of the western metal scenes and idk maybe see if theres any band thatd be down to have them open up for them in future tours

Edited by chipathy

On 9/7/2019 at 2:19 AM, chipathy said:

I have mates who put on metal shows, nobody massive or anything but have done some relatively large names in extreme metal, so would be amazing if this could happen. First problem, anyone have any idea how much it costs to fly a band and all their gear from Japan to their own country?? If I had the money to ship 5 + guys and all their gear over here for gigs I'd be in Japan all the time. haha. So yeah, probably not going to happen anytime soon.

+ Weird that they removed all their old videos from the YouTube channel, especially as Aharewata still is and probably always will be by far my favourite song of theirs and got me paying attention to them. Could be just that they feel their style has changed and those songs don't really represent their sound anymore. Or some Issei issues? But as far as I know he wasn't at all involved with the Silent Song? So probably not that.

+ + I understand how live limited releases work but I'm sure literally nobody likes the idea of live only releases, especially fans from overseas. Yes it's to support them at their shows because running a band really is difficult money wise and they're probably making next to nothing through the music (Trust me I know). And I'm also aware there are ways to get live limited releases without having to go to the shows, and have got a couple in the past but seriously when it's about £100 for a CD with like 3 tracks on it, you can't tell me that's not unreasonable? + Customs fees and all that you'll get charged on top of the actual CD price. I would love to support the band, I would 100% buy any CD DIMLIM put out if they did it through more mainstream means so it's easily accessible and at a reasonable price. Maybe if live limited versions came with exclusive artwork, chekis, dvds, posters, a t shirt, exclusive merch or anything else that'd be better, but when you miss out on the actual music which is the main thing when it comes to a band.... duhhh....  what do you expect people to do? lol. Of course they're going to download it if given the chance and I am 100% grateful to anyone who does upload live only releases so I can continue to enjoy the music by the bands I love.

2 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

+ + I understand how live limited releases work but I'm sure literally nobody likes the idea of live only releases, especially fans from overseas. 

i also dislike live limited releases for the most part but i am sure there are TONS of japanese fans out there who also hate live limited releaeses which we oversea fans often tend to forget.

cuz within whole japan i am sure there are still hundreds if not even close to thousand of Vk interested persons who don't live in tokyo/osaka area so unless they are lucky on auctions they also have zero chances in ever owning live limited releases...

so basically every Vk band doing live limited stuff don't only fuck over oversea fans but their potential japanese fans big time as well. 

and imagine how shitty it must be to know you live in the same country as your beloved bandoman and still you aren't able to obtain this or that...

2 hours ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

i also dislike live limited releases for the most part but i am sure there are TONS of japanese fans out there who also hate live limited releaeses which we oversea fans often tend to forget.

cuz within whole japan i am sure there are still hundreds if not even close to thousand of Vk interested persons who don't live in tokyo/osaka area so unless they are lucky on auctions they also have zero chances in ever owning live limited releases...

so basically every Vk band doing live limited stuff don't only fuck over oversea fans but their potential japanese fans big time as well. 

and imagine how shitty it must be to know you live in the same country as your beloved bandoman and still you aren't able to obtain this or that...

Yeah exactly, and some of these people are probably working jobs and can't get time off to travel halfway across the country (time off work is a little taboo in Japan for what I can gather) just to get to that specific show just to get a CD. Like I understand why bands do it, but at the same time don't think it's the best marketing strategy, why do you think "live only" releases are basically un-heard of in all other countries and styles of music? If they do tend to exist they aren't like an essential part to a bands discography with completely exclusive songs. Hell, even when Dir came to Europe and had the "live only" Ningen wo Kaburu exclusive single with the "bonus song" all it was, was a live track which was on the 4 disc version of the "Arche - live at budokan" set. lol. So fans weren't missing out on a completely exclusive track or anything.

7 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

First problem, anyone have any idea how much it costs to fly a band and all their gear from Japan to their own country?? If I had the money to ship 5 + guys and all their gear over here for gigs I'd be in Japan all the time. haha.

Considering accomodation, work visas, custom fees for the gear, etc, I'm willing to bet 7-10K AT LEAST.