Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

@Duwangdo you also happen to know their setlist for 12/16 (Metal Square vol.4)? The source I'm seeing says they only played 4 songs...

Edited by helcchi

47 minutes ago, helcchi said:

@Duwangdo you also happen to know their setlist for 12/16 (Metal Square vol.4 on)? The source I'm seeing says they only played 4 songs...

I do. They did only play four songs, but the set list on that website is wrong. They played vanitas, Ambitious Principles, THE SILENT SONG, and シガラミ in that order.

They were about to start playing 愛憎につき... but they had really bad technical difficulties they weren't able to recover from. Sho stalled for about 10 minutes by doing like an acapella version? of 愛憎につき... and some recitations with Retsu creating ambiance with his guitar but Hiroshi couldn't get the PC to work and the venue staff told them to stop playing. 
I felt so bad for them because it was a big event they were really looking forward to and a lot of people were watching but I'm also impressed that Sho turned a bad situation into an emotional performance. It made me realize just how good of a performer he is. Mad respect for him. 

Are these songs the live limited stuff from awhile.back or new live limited 

Nvm TIL these guys have done more live limited stuff than I assumed lmao

Edited by chipathy

6 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Are these songs the live limited stuff from awhile.back or new live limited 

those are "old" live limited releases.you can check their discography on their oficial website

On 1/2/2019 at 2:42 PM, Manji 卍 said:

all hail Lord Roppu,for one more bless

Not really a fan of these, but since those were released before The Silent Song it just highlights how impressive the leap in quality their music underwent through after Assei left. It's neat to see how Sho experimented through some different vocal approaches until finding the sound he has today.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:15 PM, Kiryu999 said:

The first one is absolutely stunning, everything is on point. 

Isn't this song the one Issei wrote like 10 years ago ? 

Wasn't it Birth or the japanese quotation marks song? By the time The Silent Song was released Issei wasn't on the band anymore so IIRC the 10yo song was released after he left? (I dunno, I might be tripping actually)

6 minutes ago, Duwang said:

just want to let ya'll know that Issei left Dimlim because he and Retsu don't get along anymore,

Not that I dont believe you but wheres the proof behind this, I hope it's true cause it makes for a far more spicier story

10 minutes ago, Duwang said:

Issei and Tsubasa both had their own share of problems.

As in tsubasa also had problems with issei or other dimlim members, I was always confused why he left at the same time as issei

Imagine how good nazare will be when issei leaves, but ya I still dont think theres been a greater improvement in vk in recent years than dimlim before and after issei 

Did the other members had any input in songwriting before Issei left? Being in a band where you don't have any creative input is frustrating af. Just a wild guess, but Issei gives me this "control freak" image which can lead into some very nasty conflicts between band members

You guys seem to like when I post set lists so I'll continue doing so whenever I see Dimlim.

1/15 Fixer twoman setlist (mostly in order)

vanitas
Ambitious principles
destroy a desire [first time in 9 months]
Malformation
Grotesque
(live limited song idk)
D.Hymnus

...物狂ひ...なりて

「人」と「形」
アハレワタ
愛憎につき...
初潮
シガラミ

8 hours ago, Duwang said:

You guys seem to like when I post set lists so I'll continue doing so whenever I see Dimlim.

Please keep doing so, submitting them to setlist.fm would be a good idea as well if you have time. This band is going places and it's good to document as much of the early history as possible. 

I thought DIMLIM very generic because of VARIOUS, but with the arrival of the album CHEDOARA, I started to love the band, I look forward to new work by the band!

On 1/16/2019 at 7:58 PM, WhirlingBlack said:

Please keep doing so, submitting them to setlist.fm would be a good idea as well if you have time. This band is going places and it's good to document as much of the early history as possible. 

I looked into submitting them there but it seems like a bit of a hassle so I will just continue to post them here for the time being until I figure it out.

2019/1/25 at  Shinjuku Antiknock

シガラミ
…物狂ひ…なりて
D.hymnus
vanitas
愛憎につき
Malformation
Ambitious Principles

A few people posted videos on Twitter as well