Kyo_Toriko

DIMLIM

I'm not actually sure whether Innocent passion or PERSONALIT NONCONFORMITY is my favourite song, they're both so good xD

Those two and 浄土の花 (Joudo no hana) are probably my favourite three songs from DIMLIM so far.

I really like the title track too, and 塵外 is a decent listen, but not my fave song from them so far.

12 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

this band placed the empty space that MEJIBRAY left in my conscience,cuz their atmosphere and Sho vocals are so similar to Tsuzuku skills,imo. Fucking good band

I can definitely agree with that!

So I'm still not sure what I think of this release. I really wasn't super thrilled with their works before as I think there's a lot of work to be done with the vocals, but this just isn't sitting right with me. He sounds a bit like Kyoutarou from √eight/Black:List/COCKROACH. It's scratchy and his high notes aren't quite there. The growls are all a bit flat sounding on this release. I don't know, I guess I'm not really talking to the right people, but I still don't see what the allure is with this band. I love Ryuya, he's a chill dude, but I'm just not feeling this band quite yet.

Never listened to the band until now (because of everyone praising the new single) and I really like what I hear. Clean vocals are nice and the growls too, the instrumental part is quite awesome actually. Loving the first two tracks but, even though I love me some hard heavy music, I'm not digging 塵外 very much, the low pig squeal sounds weird, all I can hear is "yoyoyoyoyieyoyo" :(

Cool single. New fan here

On 15/01/2018 at 2:50 AM, patientZERO said:

So I'm still not sure what I think of this release. I really wasn't super thrilled with their works before as I think there's a lot of work to be done with the vocals, but this just isn't sitting right with me. He sounds a bit like Kyoutarou from √eight/Black:List/COCKROACH. It's scratchy and his high notes aren't quite there. The growls are all a bit flat sounding on this release. I don't know, I guess I'm not really talking to the right people, but I still don't see what the allure is with this band. I love Ryuya, he's a chill dude, but I'm just not feeling this band quite yet.

I find it interesting that you think the vocal needs a lot of work, I thought the general consensus was that the vocals were pretty on point but I do kind of see what you mean. I really liked the vocals on this single, however I feel they weren't as heavy hitting at times as they were on their first release; I think the big improvement for DIMLIM with this release was on the instrumental side. I'd be happy if you at least checked back on the band every now and then, because I feel Sho will be able to get even better with future releases.

1 hour ago, NightFall said:

I find it interesting that you think the vocal needs a lot of work, I thought the general consensus was that the vocals were pretty on point but I do kind of see what you mean. I really liked the vocals on this single, however I feel they weren't as heavy hitting at times as they were on their first release; I think the big improvement for DIMLIM with this release was on the instrumental side. I'd be happy if you at least checked back on the band every now and then, because I feel Sho will be able to get even better with future releases.

Oh, I'm not disregarding them all together. I just think that his voice is not quite in my wheelhouse at the moment. He's young, the band is young, and they're all going through changes, so I'll keep tabs on them for sure.

I'm really shocked that this thread isn't blowing up around CHEDOARA. I listened for the first time this morning and I'm honestly blown away! There's a similarity to Vulgar/WTD-era Diru in the overall feel of the record, but all wrapped up in this interesting proggy-djent package that I think a lot of other bands don't execute nearly as well. I haven't listened to the members' prior bands, but I love this record so far.

27 minutes ago, nomemorial said:

I'm really shocked that this thread isn't blowing up around CHEDOARA. I listened for the first time this morning and I'm honestly blown away! There's a similarity to Vulgar/WTD-era Diru in the overall feel of the record, but all wrapped up in this interesting proggy-djent package that I think a lot of other bands don't execute nearly as well. I haven't listened to the members' prior bands, but I love this record so far.

Same here. There was a lot of hype for it on here but after the record dropped there wasn't much activity. I assume people were disappointed?

I myself built it up in my head quite a lot but after a few listens I find it just 'OK'. There are some great songs on here so i'm not sure why. 

9 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

Same here. There was a lot of hype for it on here but after the record dropped there wasn't much activity. I assume people were disappointed?

I myself built it up in my head quite a lot but after a few listens I find it just 'OK'. There are some great songs on here so i'm not sure why. 

All I can think listening to it is that it's a really fantastic first album - leaps and bounds above many of their peers, and I think if they stick around in the scene, their next one will be ridiculous. One of the few bands that I feel I absolutely HAVE to see in Japan next year. Actually, with this style of music, I think they'd be really successful in front of a western audience, too, though I know getting VK bands to the states is wishful thinking in most cases.

3 hours ago, nomemorial said:

All I can think listening to it is that it's a really fantastic first album - leaps and bounds above many of their peers, and I think if they stick around in the scene, their next one will be ridiculous. One of the few bands that I feel I absolutely HAVE to see in Japan next year. Actually, with this style of music, I think they'd be really successful in front of a western audience, too, though I know getting VK bands to the states is wishful thinking in most cases.

Don't get me wrong, it's certainly a strong album and an astounding one when compared to first albums from other VK artists :) Miles ahead of that terrible EP they released many moons ago! 

Chedoara is my favorite album of the year. I've been listening to it over and over, but I lack the musical expertise to go into the detail as to why I love it so much. Apart from the SEs, all of them have something interesting to offer, be it guitars, vocal techniques or sfx. 

I haven't really listened much to the band before the Chedora album. Must say that I'm pleasantly surprised with the album. I'm impressed with the music and the singer's vocal chords. Liking Grotesque, Malformation, and Hymnus so far.

I'm looking forward to hearing their future releases.

6 hours ago, platy said:

Chedoara is my favorite album of the year. I've been listening to it over and over, but I lack the musical expertise to go into the detail as to why I love it so much. Apart from the SEs, all of them have something interesting to offer, be it guitars, vocal techniques or sfx. 

Yeah those SEs are garbage. I took these out and put Hito to Katachi as the first track; it provides a Sukekiyo-esque opening with a strong closer in the form of Vanitas :)

Edited by nullmoon

I was disappointed at first but even the 'weaker' songs have grown on me. The lead tracks are still the best but the only actual weak songs are monokuruhi and ambitious principles. Everything else is still really strong and it's my favourite vk album of the year so far (jiluka and god and death stars still coming though).

Ambitious Principles was definitely my least favorite track - feels very much like "filler," but I'm really enjoying the rest. Have had Vanitas stuck in my head since I first heard it. The guitarwork on this thing is really crazy! I keep wanting to listen to it again, which is rare for me these days.

Chedoara really works best when listened to as a whole. Maybe less than half the tracks can be played on their own, but stuff like Ambitious Principles and Mad [K] work better when you take in the whole album. I appreciate the SEs a lot more with headphones on. 

I really liked the album, my biggest issue with it was my favorite tracks were previously released so I don't find myself going back to it as often as a completely fresh album. It still gets frequent play, in fact thinking about it has inspired another listen

im writing a review but im slow as fuck. just know its amazing, pretty sure we all raved/ranted in the thread for the album so check that for more opinions i guess

I'd really just like to find more VK bands in this vein. Their melodic side really does feel like mid-era Diru to me, but it melds really well with the style they're doing overall. Doesn't make me feel like I should just "go listen to another djent band" because the music is actually different and appeals to different things that I like.  

Furthermore, I just like that they're stylistically committed. I know when I put this on I'm getting a heavy album, not an album with 6 metalcore tracks and 6 tracks of wonky circus VK.