Kiyoharu is God

MUCC will suspend activities and go on hiatus in 2018

8 minutes ago, Kiyoharu is God said:

This was such an insane year for them. Fans probably had to work 2x as much too to afford all the stuff they released. 5 albums I think, not counting the tribute? And all the touring? Wow

Yeah. In fact, it's been insane these last two decades lol They most definitely deserve the rest.

At first I was kinda shooketh  but yes I do think they need a break, but maybe a bit longer? Because they did all the touring and also released a few albums more than one. 

Suddenly plenty of albums released this year becoming something more significant cos it will help fans to get through the hiatus phase.

Hope they'll come back stronger.

Edited by LIDL

For the whole 3 months XD
When I saw Tatsurou's tweet I was shocked first and then when I checked the ohp I couldn't stop laughing lol

It was intense year for them, so 3 months vacation is well deserved ;)

"suspend the expiration of activities" ...... what. So, basically, they're taking a 3 month hiatus? Um, yeah, that's gonna change my life drastically. 

But yeah they definitely deserve some time off

they should bring back those 2 new members they had for like a week and have them be the temporary replacement mucc while the real band goes on holiday imo

Unlike most of the latest "hiatuses" from VK bands, they deserve it the most. I also don't see three measly months being that much, also shock that this is their first one. 

Not sure why standard "jrock"/vk bands feel like they got to announce stuff like this. If they didnt announce ut no one would notice or care. And it's three months ffs.

Someone know the exact reason for this? Japanese bands and artists not considered "jrock/jpop"/vk never does stuff like this. Very curious.

Edit: posted before reading the other posts, but just a couple of posts above me someone was thinking the same. High five!

Edited by Bear

3 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

I really don't get why japanese bands feel like they need to disclosure every single break they have. Western bands often go radio silence for very long periods of time and nobody could care less... really, what's 3 months to a band so accomplished as MUCC?

It doesnt seem to be a thing for the majority of bands and artists that's got no connection to the vk/jrock/jpop tag in general. Japanese punk and metal artists goes silent for years without announcing anything. Not a problem for anyone at all. Akways thought announcements like thid was very weird.

23 minutes ago, Bear said:

It doesnt seem to be a thing for the majority of bands and artists that's got no connection to the vk/jrock/jpop tag in general. Japanese punk and metal artists goes silent for years without announcing anything. Not a problem for anyone at all. Akways thought announcements like thid was very weird.

Maybe the general audience of VK has something to do with that.

I can't say that many fans of any genre are mature in general, but when 90% of your fanbase is 18year old girls (I generilize, but that's not so far from the truth) who are easy to impress and lose their shit altogether ("why don't my fav musicians do anything, hey, I should harass them on Twitter to learn what's happened") - I guess that's the main reason.

Mucc making an important announcement on twitter:

Mucc: "We're going on hiatus, starting in 2018..."

European fans: omg, how long will they be on a break? A year? Two years? Five? Forever? *freaking out*

Mucc:"...for three months. We apologise."

European fans: what.

Mucc: what.

Me: *facepalms* just take your break. Go on holiday, do something fun, for God's sake.

i thought the announcement was pretty ridiculous at first, too. but then i realized that a large chunk of their audience are people who WILL freak out if they don't hear any announcements/see any activity on social media for a couple weeks without an explanation, and being considerate of that audience makes a lot of sense.