inartistic

MIRAGE/Matina memorial/revival event + new mini-album & live CD

3095.jpg

In celebration of the 20th anniversary since the formation of Matina and MIRAGE, KISAKI will hold BURIAL OF EPISODE-TOKYO- at Shinjuku (新宿) BLAZE on 2018-03-31.

• MIRAGE will hold a one-day(?) revival, featuring original members AKIRA, YAYOI, and KISAKI, plus support guitarist A.O.I (SHAZNA) and drummer Matarou (魔太朗) (VANIRU).
  • Session band Matina ALL STARS (魔帝那オールスターズ) will appear: V. Kouki (幸樹) [Mist of Rouge~DOUT (ダウト)] / G. ? / B. Enya Tomoyuki (塩谷 朋之) [Mist of Rouge~More] / D. TERO (テロ) [VIDOLL~†я i ¢к].
  • TOKYO YANKEES, THE DEAD P☆P STARS, Vasalla (覇叉羅) (one-day revival), KING, and Kra will also appear.
  • Premium tickets include a t-shirt. All attendees receive a present.
  • This marks [the beginning of?] MIRAGE's “burial” (meaning has not been revealed).
  • KISAKI made some remarks about his “retirement.”
  • KISAKI might have formed the new company LORELEI ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, though it doesn't seem to be a record label (yet).

Please see the full writeup at https://weloveucp.com/blog/matina-event-revealed-matina-all-stars-mirage-burial-kisaki-retirement-and-new-company/ for additional details.

Pretty disappointed by the lineup tbh :< I was thinking of planning my Japan trip around that time when this was first mentioned, but for a supposed "matina memorial event" the bands they got are super lackluster. Did Kisaki-sama lose all of his good will with bandomen and as a result was only able to pull together a measly 1 band to have a 1-day revival? (Not counting Vasalla since they they've been semi active for the past couple years)

New poster revealing that Dear Loving have filled Kra's spot on the event.

Additionally, the band Sclaim will open up for the event. 

22384327_1888538421164014_17168995825241

It is also revealed something new will be released at the event (likely to be live-limited). 

Edited by Lestat

32 minutes ago, seikun said:

Is there room for old school VK sound these days?

That's my concern.

do groups like la'veil mizeria and crucifixion count?

15 hours ago, suji said:

do groups like la'veil mizeria and crucifixion count?

Yes and I love those bands, but I wonder how well do old school VK sounding bands do today.

I think they finished a new track with a duration of eight minutes. It is yet unclear how many tracks the new release will have, but hopefully more than just the one.