Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

GreeΣ will disband

There are comments on their homepage announcement linked in the above tweet. As far as I can tell, Mikado, Machi, and Ral are all basically retiring?

From what I can gather, it seems Mikado wanted to quit and told everyone in July he'd be out in November. He feels like the catalyst for the disbandment. Ral said that this will be his last time taking the stage as a visual bandman, but wishes to continue being involved in music and producing.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I had really high hopes for them from the start, and they put on a really good show, but they were still working towards finding their sound. They spent so long with no new lives announced (bar Ral's birthday/Halloween) that everyone was already suspicious. What does surprise me is that Mikado was the one to instigate it, even if that's been the rumor on Tanuki. 

Like I've said elsewhere, this doesn't hit me as hard as Meteoroid's disbandment, but knowing so many of them are dropping from the industry this time - that's kind of a bitter pill to swallow, especially with such high hopes from everyone starting out.

Well , just like another Deathfina ,

Released just one single and leave the scene...

Honestly , in these few years  , so many bands somehow seemed to cannot walk through and become a thing...

I only started listening to this band, and now their disbanding this early just like DAZ and which only means, they won't be having music activities anymore by the start of winter, how pity for them to end their activities this early.

Edited by K-x-H

they were absolutely garbage spare that amazing breakdown in their first song which almost gave me hope but then everything else was shit

im gonna miss machi's thighs though, even if he started being more #conservative after meteoroid died </3

Now that's a bummer...

This struggle to find a sound tho stick to unfortunately really sounds like a band who wants to follow what's trending, instead of keeping to their own. that 180º turn meteoroid did was weird as fuck. I thought they were finding their feet with GreeΣ, GreeM is an amazing song, and だから嫌いなんだ、雨なんて is really good aswell

hoping that vocalist sticks around

Edited by chemicalpictures

1 hour ago, chemicalpictures said:

Now that's a bummer...

This struggle to find a sound tho stick to unfortunately really sounds like a band who wants to follow what's trending, instead of keeping to their own. that 180º turn meteoroid did was weird as fuck. I thought they were finding their feet with GreeΣ, GreeM is an amazing song, and だから嫌いなんだ、雨なんて is really good aswell

hoping that vocalist sticks around

Both Machi compositions I may add! Even in MeteoroiD, I loved their music, but it was Machi's songs that roped me in. I was really hoping if GreeΣ disbanded that Tsukishiro and Machi were going to stick together since they seemed to hit it off really well. Even if Machi is saying something about retirement now, I'm hoping he changes his mind once he gets the chance to rest a little. 

9 hours ago, frayed said:

What does surprise me is that Mikado was the one to instigate it, even if that's been the rumor on Tanuki.

Mikado himself claimed that he feels he's the one to instigate it, so it's not much of a rumor.

GreeΣの解散において、一番のトリガーになってしまったのは俺であると自覚してます。
7月くらいに、俺が11月でバンドを辞めたいという旨の申し出をしたからです。そこから各メンバーのモチベーション、バンドの流れが大きく変わってしまったはずです。

Google-san translates it as:

I realize that I am the best trigger in the dissolution of Gree Σ. 
Because I made an offer to say that I want to quit the band in November in about July. From there the motivation of each member, the flow of the band should have changed significantly. 

55 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

Mikado himself claimed that he feels he's the one to instigate it, so it's not much of a rumor.

Google-san translates it as:

Yes I knew that, but thank you. :) I meant that I was surprised that the lingering rumors from the past several months were actually true. Sorry if my wording wasn't clear.

Sign in to follow this