Sign in to follow this  
togz

Introductions

Post here to tell everyone how you found THE NOVEMBERS, if you're a long term fan or just found them, give recommendations, take recommendations, your favorite album, or anything you feel we should know about you!

If you're not sure where to begin, here's an outline if you choose to use it :)

Name/Online Alias:

How you found THE NOVEMBERS:

Favorite songs/Recommendations:

Favorite Album:

What you hope to achieve in this Club:

Extras: (if you've seen them live or had a unique experience involving the band that you'd like to share or any other interesting facts about yourself like other bands you may like that are similar or have worked with the novembers etc)

Edited by togz

Age: My The Novembers age is 5 years old since the first time I heard their music was in 2012. I don't remember the exact date so I don't know my birthday!

How you found them: My best guess is it was through last.fm's similar artists pages. I watched the MV for dnim and fell in love with the song but I didn't enjoy the rest of the EP on which that song was featured. Then I lost my interest for some time until they released zeitgeist. I thought it was an interesting album but I still couldn't really get into their music. Rhapsody in beauty changed everything. I enjoyed that album immensely from the get-go. After that I went back to their older material and something very rare happened... something that has happened to me only a few times. We're talking about their 2010-2013 material here. I put some song on: "this is so good!"  I put the next song on: "omg this is amazing too"  and same thing happened with almost every song. And now I can proudly say that I love all of their albums.

Favorite albums: It depends on the day but as of now

EPs: GIFT > Elegance > Fourth Wall > Paraphilia

Full-lengths: To (melt into) > zeitgeist > Rhapsody in beauty > Hallelujah > Misstopia > picnic

Favorite songs: Wire (Fahrenheit 154), 再生の朝, Reunion with Marr, ただ遠くへ, 彼岸で散る青

Extra: I remember I watched this one video interview of theirs, but I can't find it anymore!! In it they said that the most representative song of their music is (either the 1st or 2nd song on To (melt into) but I can't remember which one and it bugs me) I need to find that interview!

You can call me either nia or nai  ♡

How you found THE NOVEMBERS: Even though I've been into japanese music for as long as I can remember I had never really ventured myself too far from these few bands I had known for ages or checking out a few recommendations from friends here and there. About three years back I've kind of made a hobby out of trying new stuff, being more knowledgeable about the scene and these kinds of things! So far, my most important discovery has been that the songs I really like usually fall into the indie / shoegaze categories, and I have THE NOVEMBERS to thank for that.

You see, one day I heard Last Exit to Brooklyn on a web radio and added it to my playlist on a whim. Not because I was particularly crazy about it but rather because there was this something about the mood I really enjoyed, you know? Then, after completely forgetting about it I came across 裸のミンク and immediately liked how similar to SUPERCAR it sounded to me. To my surprise, the moment I wrote their name on the search bar I realized they were already part of my library and I remember going "Whaaat, is this really from those same guys?"

Just like it was the case with SUPERCAR, I found myself repeating that question a lot as I got to hear more of their work. Gotta love how diverse their discography is, huh! Turns out that contrast between dreamy and noisy was everything I never knew I needed more of up until that point.

Favorite songs/Recommendations: Changes all the time but Romancé is that one song I never skip. It really manages to transport you into the white, dreamy horizon; so immersive and beautiful... ♡ When it comes to their heavier stuff, Blood Music.1985, 出る傷を探す血 and 236745981 are my favorites - Better heard at really loud volumes, of course! Also, @indigo's introduction was a lot of fun to read because I totally see myself in that same situation of listening to their older material and thinking "whoa this is actually pretty good!" now despite having given it a try in the past and deciding I couldn't really get into it.

Favorite Album: Tough choice but I'm gonna go with zeitgeist. Not only I have a thing for conceptual albums in general but the dystopic themes and references in there are also very appealing to me. --Not that I knew about most of them beforehand, to be honest. Kobayashi seems to have some really obscure tastes haha. But it's always great to learn more about them, I suppose!

What you hope to achieve in this Club: Get to know you all, for sure! It's great to get in touch with others who like the band. I was just thinking the other day about how I had no one to share these thoughts with, so being part of this club makes me very happy

Extras: Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I found out about MH (and looked forward to joining) while randomly searching for more THE NOVEMBERS content on the internet, so... Cheers to that?

Edited by nia

Sign in to follow this