Kiyoharu is God

KIYOHARU 2 new albums announced

On 11/25/2017 at 2:25 AM, Kiyoharu is God said:

There's a new SADS album being released next year. And another solo album which won't be a rhythmless release like this upcoming album. So if you're not into the rhythmless stuff you could look forward to that.

I don't think he's going to do anything in the tone of KUROYUME's final releases/SADS early releases ever again. I don't know if he can sing like that anymore anyway. I was listening to SAD BLOOD ROCK'N ROLL recently and it's crazy how much different his voice sounds now compared to then... Mr. YA it's like a whole different person singing.

Agreed. His vibrato / screamo voice he had the first two or three years in SADS is nowhere to be heard now. Whether it's from stylistic changes or an inability to do so anymore, who knows. I've always speculated that what I imagine are a pack-of-day cigarette habit over 20-30 years probably doesn't help musician stay in their prime for long.

Compare that to someone like Ryuichi Kawamura of Luna Sea who after a certain point in his career started being healthier and taking his voice and singing seriously. He's able to do those marathon 70-1100 song concerts and did some mic-less ones and his voice still sounds pretty damn good. It's a shame that his solo work leaves much to be desired.

1 hour ago, carddass said:

I've always speculated that what I imagine are a pack-of-day cigarette habit over 20-30 years probably doesn't help musician stay in their prime for long.

I actually think Kiyoharu's voice has held up pretty damn well considering he always has a cigarette in hand XD

5 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

I actually think Kiyoharu's voice has held up pretty damn well considering he always has a cigarette in hand XD

i cannot agree with you more .

he has been using e-cig for sometime , altho he went back to the normal ones .

he's a stereotype chainsmoker j-rocker

anyhow, im pre-ordering the february release !

(I haven't seen another thread about the album, so I assume this one is still fine)

Update about Kiyoharu's upcoming album "夜、カルメンの詩集" -- the release date has been postponed. It's now due out on February 28, instead of on Valentine's Day.

Also, cover art has now been released for it:

Limited edition (2CD + DVD)
s.jpg

Standard edition
t.jpg

The cover is by collage artist Kosuke Kawamura

The traclist has also been released:

DISC 01 (Same contents in both the limited and standard releases)
01.) Hika (悲歌)
02.) Aka no Towa (赤の永遠)*   [yes, the kanji are for "Eien", but the Colombia site specified the reading was "Towa"]
03.) Yoru wo, Omou (Album ver.)   (夜を、想う)
04.) Amore (アモーレ)
05.) Charade (Album ver.)   (シャレード)
06.) Nemureru Tenshi (眠れる天使)
07.) TWILIGHT
08.) Mikazuki (三日月)
09.) Bigaku (美学)
10.) Anata ni Natte (貴方になって)

DISC 02 (Limited only) -- Poetry readings of 01.) through 10.) above, plus an additional track
11.) Tsumihorobashi Nobara (罪滅ぼし野ばら)

DISC 03 (Limited only) -- Music videos for a few songs
01.) Aka no Towa (PV)
02.) Nemureru Tenshi (PV)
03.) Yoru wo, Omou (PV)

Finally, in regards to the album, there's a new artist pic:
1.jpg

I'm including this here, since I don't really think it's the type of thing to warrant its own topic, but Kiyoharu also has a live-exclusive single to first be available on Feb. 9; the double A-side single "Aka no Towa / Tsumihorobashi Nobara"

jacket_aka.jpg

Edited by SakuraFox512