Kiyoharu is God

KIYOHARU 2 new albums announced

Kiyoharu posted a few pics of the recording process on his instagram. Thought he was going to work on a SADS album/mini/single given it's been ages since the last release, and because of restart of activities this year, but it looks like he's proceeding with a new solo album first.  Miyoken (M-Age/THE MORTAL) and yoshitsugu (Eins:Vier/alcana) are shown along with Hideyuki Ohashi. So that's three guitarists. No clue yet who he's gotten on drums and bass.

MIYOKEN

Hideyuki

yoshitsugu

Kiyo

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

I haven't really been wowed by anything he released in the past few years, but it's always good to have new stuff from him I guess.

Cautiously looking forward to it.

Maybe i'm in the minority here when I say this but I hope the third guitarist means kiyoharu's doing another acoustic album like light & shade.  Despite the greatness he achieved with certain solo albums, those acoustic-y ones and the subsequent live show on DVD were the last thing he did that really WOWed me.

Not to mention, that he did  spend a lot of this year as a solo artist performing 'Plugless' shows.

Edited by carddass

somehow im still interested when hearing about new music from this guy.

even though i don't like him as a person these last few years at all and im not really sure why :'D

katsuma from coldrain on drums. katsuma worked with Kiyo on SOLOIST.

Kiyo and katsuma

Also,

Looks like celloist Rubin Dupuy will also appear on the album. Robin appeared on the light and shade albums, and UNDER THE SUN.

Kiyoharu has announced 2 new albums today. He has switched over to Columbia's TRIAD label.  The first new album is a RHYTHMLESS album called 『エレジー』 (ELEGY). It will be released on December 13th. Here's the jacket:

news_kiyoharu_jkt201711spo.jpg

■2017年12月13日発売予定
アルバム『エレジー』 (ELEGY)
2CD+DVD/COZP-1402〜4/¥5000+tax(完全初回生産限定)

DISC 1 will feature the album. DISC 2 will apparently feature a poetry reading of each song. DISC 3 (a DVD) will feature live footage from 東京・Mt.RAINIERHALL SHIBUYA PLEASURE PLEASERE and the music video for LAW'S.

According to CDJAPAN:

Kiyoharu brings an album set, consisting of 2 CDs and a DVD. Disc 1 contains his previous works (Kuroyume, sads, and solo) featuring new arrangements. The DVD contains his live performance at Mt.RAINIERHALL SHIBUYA PLEASURE PLEASERE shot by Akira Odagiri as well as a music video for "LAW'S."

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/COZP-1402?s_ssid=e43dc459f911fe6fd4

The second album (of original material) will be released in February 2018. It will be called 『夜、カルメンの詩集』 (YORU, CARMEN NO SHISHUU). More details coming in later.

Kiyoharu will also hold an aniversary concert on 2.9.2018 called 「KIYOHARU 25 TIMES DEBUT DAY」 at 岐阜club-G.  A nationwide tour will also begin that month called 「KIYOHARU TOUR 天使の詩2018 『LYRIC IN SCARLET』」 and conclude 5月3日 at 東京・EX THEATER ROPPONGI.

http://natalie.mu/music/news/254793

Awesome...I'm looking forward to Elegy now~ It might be the first Kiyo album I purchase new since Vinnybeach.
(So many of the albums after that one ended up in Book off NY on the cheap used a mere 6-12 months later)

No tracklist for the album yet. However there's a new artist photo/visual, and the PV for LAW'S has been released:

kiyoabloadrtk70.jpg

Really nice :D

Btw, Kiyo closed his website on 10/29, and it looks like the new site will soon appear here: https://www.kiyoharu.tokyo/pre/

here for this entirely acoustic album (which i think is what he is refering to by rhythmless?? all his mt ranier dates were acoustic, so im guessing this is the studio equivalent??)

he slayed those voxs tbh, legend

edit: omfg i didn't know this was a previously recorded song newfag alert wwww

Edited by emmny

Digging this version of Law's a lot more than the original. It's sent me down a spiral and now I've put on the audio for the Rhythmless & Perspective DVD. Tracks like Pledge, Crow, loved, I know and hikousen sound spectacular in this form.

I'm starting to think Kiyoharu's voice is more suited toward this slower style and not toward the late-Kuroyume / early SADS blow-his-voice-out way of singing  which he can't really replicate like he used to anymore.

I wonder what Kuroyume tracks he recorded? I can't imagine Like @ Angel being converted but things like Nakigara wo, Misery, yuri no hanataba and If are high up on my wishlist considering he sang those at his first lives in semi-stripped down renditions.

Track list is out:

DISC 1(CD):

LAW'S [SOLO - UNDER THE SUN]

ゲルニカ (GUERNIKA) [KUROYUME - KURO TO KAGE]
アロン (ARON) [KUROYUME - Headache and Dub Reel Inch]
rally [SOLO - RYUSEI/the sun]

GENTLE DARKNESS [SADS - BABYLON]
夢 (YUME) [KUROYUME - FAKE STAR〜I'M JUST A JAPANESE FAKE ROCKER〜]
カーネーション (CARNATION) [SOLO - SINGLES]
この孤独な景色を与えたまえ (KONO KODUKU NA KESHIKI WO ATAE TAMAE) [SOLO - VINNYBEACH 〜KAKUU NO KAIGAN〜]
輪廻 (RINNE) [SOLO - FOREVER LOVE]
空白ノ世界 (KUUHAKU NO SEKAI) [SOLO - FOREVER LOVE]

DISC 2「CD 「elegy”poetry reading」):

LAW'S

ゲルニカ (GUERNIKA)
アロン (ARON)
rally

GENTLE DARKNESS
夢 (YUME)
カーネーション (CARNATION)
この孤独な景色を与えたまえ (KONO KODUKU NA KESHIKI WO ATAE TAMAE)
輪廻 (RINNE
空白ノ世界 (KUUHAKU NO SEKAI)

YOU [SOLO - DARLENE]

DISC 3(DVD「elegy”performance」)

LIVE AT Mt.RAINIER HALL SHIBUYA PLEASURE PLEASURE
・サロメ (SALOME) [SADS - UNTITLED]
・陽炎 (KAGEROU) [SOLO - AIBU]
・瑠璃色 (RURIIRO) [SOLO - SOLOIST]
・lyrical [SOLO - KANNOU BOOGIE]
・rally [SOLO - RYUSEI/the sun]
・alice [SOLO - UNDER THE SUN]
・シャレード (Charade) [SOLO -  YORU WO、OMOU]
MUSIC VIDEO
・LAW'S

http://natalie.mu/music/news/257870

kiyoposter7xzpu.jpg

Depending on where you order you can get a different poster or poster card. Gallery both at natalie.mu and here: http://vif-music.com/2017/11/22/kiyoharu-16/

2 hours ago, Kiyoharu is God said:

夢 (YUME) [KUROYUME - FAKE STAR〜I'M JUST A JAPANESE FAKE ROCKER〜]

great choice.

if he likes the song so much though why didn't he play it after kuroyume revival!

He is really taking all this acoustic thing a but too far... first all those acoustic shows in a nearly weekly basis mostly at the very same venue and now this. And I was at one of those concerts and it was actually surprisingly great and powerful, but about 95% of the audience was made up of middle-aged ladies and grannies and I guess it is the same at all these shows. I want my crazy punk Kiyoharu back, not this "old rockstar playing mellow self-covers for old ladies" thing. O__o

There's a new SADS album being released next year. And another solo album which won't be a rhythmless release like this upcoming album. So if you're not into the rhythmless stuff you could look forward to that.

I don't think he's going to do anything in the tone of KUROYUME's final releases/SADS early releases ever again. I don't know if he can sing like that anymore anyway. I was listening to SAD BLOOD ROCK'N ROLL recently and it's crazy how much different his voice sounds now compared to then... Mr. YA it's like a whole different person singing.