Sign in to follow this  
jurideluhi

Dld section (suggestion)

im suggesting for the dld section to improve(?) where users would need to click the "thanks" in order to receive the link(s) from uploaders.

what do you think? i think this might be the good way to improve! at least to show appreciations from leechers by replying thanks or clicking the thanks button :staru:

if other forums also applying this method,why don't TW itself? ^^;;

if you don't care,whatever. :|

a) We have a thanks button? Where?

B) How exactly would your idea work? Would they click the thanks button and then would the link pop up from a drop-down box? Would the poster themselves have to send out the link in a PM? I've been thinking of ways to improve the general download forum myself and at least twist the arms of leechers so they have to participate minimally in order to get their downloads but I can't think of any way to actually do this without becoming draconian. Depending on how this is implemented, this could range from doing absolutely nothing to helping a little. At the very least, we can see who downloads what (how useful that would be varies though).

But yes, more information please. I'm interested. Perhaps the other mods will be willing to offer their input as well.

We have a Thanks-button, but it's not working on the current default skin. Since this is supposed to be just a temporary skin I never bothered to add the thanks mod to it as well.

And I think what she is proposing is the same we had already a while ago. A Hide-code in combination with a Thanks-button. People could put their DL links inside the hide code and it would only become visible if a user pressed the Thanks-button.

However, it caused enormous load on the server and thus was removed. I would have to investigate if it's availible for the current board software, and if the server load issue was fixed.

Wouldn't it help if there is like a certain number of posts one user has to achieve before gaining access to the download section, let's say for audio only, and then another certain number of posts to be able to access the video section?

I think that would work, we can get other almost-dead topics active.

Wouldn't it help if there is like a certain number of posts one user has to achieve before gaining access to the download section, let's say for audio only, and then another certain number of posts to be able to access the video section?

Nope. People would just pointlessly spam a few posts (like "lol" and "me too") to reach the target number and once they have go back to leeching again.

If there is downloads, there is leeching. That will never change, and forcing people to participate is pointless. We can look into bringing back the "Press-Thanks-to-get-link" function because it does not create spam (prevents it actually) and isn't too convoluted. But if me make people run a marathon before they can get the downloads, they'll just go to the next blogspot anyway.

It could work but its somewhat unnecessary. It really is just another way to hike up points and have your virtual ego stroked. However, it could get more people to upload more material on to the boards. The first situation is more likely though...

why would you say virtual ego bla bla bla. don't you think that is rude somehow? people who shared their stuffs should have the priority and they deserves it. and yet,I do agree more people will upload their material to the board if this system worked on current tainted world.

just like dai's forum last time. epic forum ever I must say. 8)

why would you say virtual ego bla bla bla. don't you think that is rude somehow? people who shared their stuffs should have the priority and they deserves it. and yet,I do agree more people will upload their material to the board if this system worked on current tainted world.

just like dai's forum last time. epic forum ever I must say. 8)

1. As Ms. SUBLIMINAL already stated, how is not stroking a virtual ego?

2. Please for the love of all that is good, stop fucking typing "bla bla bla" everywhere! I can just imagine some whiny five year old behind that keyboard of yours.

3. You don't need 1,000 thank you's to feel good about uploading something to the community. The whole point of sharing is to do it out of generosity and kindness, not for some e-points.

4. There's already a V.I.P. group for people who contribute to TW, don't try to create some other separate group for the uploaders by saying that they should have the 'priority' and that they deserve it. Isn't enough that we thank you guys for uploading new releases and such? How much more praise do you want?!

i do not seek this system to working for only myself. this is just a suggestion and I stated it already that even this system works,it is uselss.please understand that. no need further to say. oh.its up to me typing like that.why? you care enough mister? u don't have to.

what e-points / praise ur trying to say??? I didn't ask for epoints/praise(whatever)or what no? silly. don't cause too much accussions for nothing to me.

Rofl this discussion needs to stop.

We'll work on implementing the thanks system into the other themes we have, but I really don't see us adding this specific feature to the board. It is kinda pointless (no offense). But that's not to say you can't give a user thanks for something they have uploaded.

Really, the whole point of the thanks mod is to get rid of (or minimize) the small posts where users simply say thanks in their posts for downloading something.