Sign in to follow this  
Alkaloid

Dr.亞ん (An) has joined ザアザア (Xaa-Xaa)

Dr.亞ん (An) (ex-Diana-->妖艶なる園、崩壊シタ世界。(youen naru en houkaishita sekai)-->爛-lAn--->燭台(怪)(syokudai-kakko-kai)(きくらげ/kikurage)-->エルム(ELM)(ブギー/boogie)) has joined ザアザア (Xaa-Xaa)

DJ7XLs6U8AABKTk.jpg

weird addition tbh, thought they'd get someone more uh....hip? not familiar with elm tho, hope this dude's up to roji's level

2 hours ago, tetsu_sama69 said:

Ex-Elm eh? Interesting. At least it's better than the pseudo-serious drummer they had before.

Actually, regarding technique, Roji was probably one of the best drummers in the VK circuit. Live, An can't keep up with the original parts Roji use to play because they're so hard. An is not an awful drummer, there's just a pretty extreme gap between his level and Roji's. As a fan I'm kind of disappointed.:tw_confounded:

Roji was so good. I knew them finding someone so fast had to be too good to be true. Here's hoping their new music doesn't suffer for it too much.

Edited by doombox

I'm not surprised given he was their support since roji left, but a part of me hoped that out of nowhere rai (gigamous) would be the new guy lmao

Considering he's nowhere near where roji is skill-wise, I'm even more pessimistic about their future than I was before when it was announced that roji was leaving💁

Anyway, they also announced their oneman tour. The anniversary live is in tokyo👀 but the tour final is osaka👀

I was really hoping they were just using An till they found a better drummer. Alas.... Roji was impossible to replace given how talented he was, but I was hoping for someone better. :/

18 hours ago, Kaz0712 said:

Actually, regarding technique, Roji was probably one of the best drummers in the VK circuit. Live, An can't keep up with the original parts Roji use to play because they're so hard. An is not an awful drummer, there's just a pretty extreme gap between his level and Roji's. As a fan I'm kind of disappointed.:tw_confounded:

Ah no, I'm not saying he was a terrible drummer in the slightest just his past history makes this not a surprise.

On 2017/9/18 at 1:51 PM, Kaz0712 said:

Actually, regarding technique, Roji was probably one of the best drummers in the VK circuit. Live, An can't keep up with the original parts Roji use to play because they're so hard. An is not an awful drummer, there's just a pretty extreme gap between his level and Roji's. As a fan I'm kind of disappointed.

when did An start performing with them? was he the guy who played with them at the twoman with kizu?

3 hours ago, qotka said:

when did An start performing with them? was he the guy who played with them at the twoman with kizu?

An started as support right after Roji's last live, so after August 11th.
And yeah that was him at the twoman with Kizu earlier this month. I'll give him credit, he improved quite a bit from their threeman with Scapegoat and sibilebashir just 10 days before that. At that live he messed up significantly during every single song they played. He fucked up so badly during Komoriuta they had to back track a bit and start again. At the Kizu twoman he fucked up Komoriuta again and his drumming was off during like half of kamisori but other than that I thought he was ok for the most part......but they simplified every song for him and as a Roji fan that makes me sad. Roji's drumming was a big reason why I like XAA-XAA.

Anyway, although he has shown signs of improvement, I was kinda hoping that An was temporary until they found someone better. I'm also feeling pretty pessimistic about their future. They've been slowly waning for a long time now (since around last December) and Roji's departure made them lose a lot of fans. An is not very well liked among the fans who still go so I'm sure with him formally joining the band they're only going to lose even more fans.

@Duwangthanks! I'm pretty new to them so I wasn't sure where to look up who was playing with them after Roji departed. I could hear something was off at the twoman with Kizu, but I was like 'oh well just a session drummer, won't see him again!' - oops!

Roji was definitely the strongest link the one time I saw them live before that, so I was sad to see him go. But I'm glad to hear An's slowly catching up. Maybe it'll be fine with enough practice! 

Sign in to follow this