The Piass

Dadaroma new single 「いいくすりと、わるいくすり」(ii kusuri, warui kusuri) release

Both songs are a whole lot better than the last few releases, I could almost say my faith is restored. The PV to warui kusuri is actually great because it's such a drastic change from the usual ddrm 

The song is good shit but the MV could've been better for a look like that. Still cool concept.

I really like everything about the white song. I was not expecting that. If anyone is kind enough to direct me to dadaroma stuff with clean vocals like that please send me a PM!

Holy shit the visuals in the second MV it's good, definitely my fav now! Music vise it's okay I agree with typical DDR sound. As for the ballad it's exactly the opposite for me. PV doesnt do much for me but as a song its beautiful 

Sounds good , but could be more better I guess , and I love black one , no matter looks or song lol
Though it sounds a little mess , but I love the heavy sound more .
And the white one , a little too normal ...

The second one is reminiscent of the visuals in Diru's AGITATED SCREAMS OF MAGGOTS..

always a classic lol

I'm more fan of the white song in it's entirety but both are impressive

Oh yeah it's cool to see Yoshi playing a guitar again too, that's what I was gonna say

Edited by Elazmus

with the first previews i held back my opinion but now that there are longer previews with the PV's...

like i already thought from the short samples "iikusuri" is nothing special... theres nothing going on in the complete song except that the blastbeat in the beginning was nice but apart from that just a boring song... - also imo the screams sound so flat - like no heaviness to them on the opposite his growls still are very good at least.

but surprisingly the ballade was kinda nice albeit also nothing special...

guess they continue with the downward trend... 

sure they are still a good band but imo their good ol' days are over and i am pretty sure forever by now...

Always surprised how much criticism these guys get, I think their stuff is still miles ahead of most of their peers and really high quality musically. Maybe it's because their first few PVs set an extremely high standard?

Anyway, really enjoyed both songs and thought that warui kusuri sounds like one of their best ballads.

Did they actually get Keita Kurosaka (the ASoM / Rinkaku guy) to animate parts of that 2nd PV or did they just find someone who can imitate his style really well? I really quite liked the animated bits in there other than the cliche 'dude mc escher!!!' parts ... both songs  still sound like total rubbish to my ears tho lol, what a waste of a great aesthetic

also yeah, i feel like these guys started off with too big of a bang when they were still new, and now they can't keep up any longer

Edited by Tokage

yup, i thought of agitated screams of maggots too, and the song was actually pretty good imo. it's been a while since i liked any of their A-sides.

the pv for the ballad was really simple and nothing original but i liked how it was executed. idk it just works well for a ballad. song's a little bland though.

I'm really liking both of these songs. Especially ii kusuri's refrain/chorus.

I felt the MV for warui kusuri (the white song) was a bit bland though. Yoshiatsu's vocals were exactly on point though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel a lot of people think of 溺れる魚 and 雨のワルツ type of songs with Dadaroma, but they have been experimenting with other sounds from the beginning; especially with their jazzy songs. There are still hints (sometimes very big hints) of deathcore in their latest releases, so I actually think they are going very strong. IMHO, they're getting better.

First song is meh. Second song reminded me of ame no waltz. They really are cranking out lots of music...i think they need to slow it down a little before they run into the same problems mejibray were getting into.

On 9/16/2017 at 1:04 PM, The Piass said:

DJ2A5bNUIAAbu3D.jpg

DARK A F <3 <3 <3 <3

20 hours ago, jduv86 said:

First song is meh. Second song reminded me of ame no waltz. They really are cranking out lots of music...i think they need to slow it down a little before they run into the same problems mejibray were getting into.

Where do you get the ame no waltz vibes from? I'm getting Belka to Strelka, and Buriki I think.

also I don't think they're near Mejibray's level just yet lol

I personally really enjoyed their latest releases, but I don't want them to burn out from too many consecutive releases.

I think people are setting their expectations too high after one or two particularly standout songs. As an admittedly die-hard fan since the beginning, I would argue that the very aspects of their recent music that have people divided have been largely present all along. Need I remind people that two of the tracks on their very first release were soft-rock jazzy numbers? Or that the originator of the electro-dance-metal numbers was a B-side on their first single? And their continued experimentation with different styles is one of the things that keeps both their releases and live performances exciting (the same people would probably be complaining that the dramatic metalcore is getting stale if it was the same stuff every time).

Rant aside, I think this double-single is a further evolution of the sound DDRM is developing. Ii Kusuri is a satisfyingly dark return to that side of their discography, if a little short, and Warui Kusuri is one of their better ballads that showcases how much Yoshi is maturing as a vocalist (seriously, go back to his days in Crazy Shampoo and you'll see what I mean).

UGh I just can't get over how amazing they are..... I loved both songs. The ballad was different from their usual ballads and the heavy track was amazing hehe. Love his screams<3