The Piass

暁月(Kyogetsu)'s guitarist ryuusei will depart and the band will disband

The band have announced on their Twitter that their guitarist ryuusei will leave the band on 2017.10.08. As a result the band will disband on the same day.

Off-topic here, but this is the same dude whose blog post went viral on twitter just a few days ago:

He apparently talks about bandmen's finances...if anyone wants to translate this, then go right ahead~

It's pretty funny that his departure was announced right after this happened...

6 minutes ago, sheepprincessgara said:

Off-topic here, but this is the same dude whose blog post went viral on twitter just a few days ago:

He apparently talks about bandmen's finances...if anyone wants to translate this, then go right ahead~

It's pretty funny that his departure was announced right after this happened...

Yes I saw it too but I could not understand most of it...

I ran through it very quickly and the first half is him talking about how the finances typically break down for a visual kei band and why Kyogetsu can't continue on like this after three years. Will read the rest later.

2 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

He apparently talks about bandmen's finances...

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

the first half is him talking about how the finances typically break down for a visual kei band and why Kyogetsu can't continue on like this after three years

Yes, that's it. He mentioned the GazettE implicitly and even Reita tweeted about it.

I don't know the reason of the shitstorm, since ryuusei just said the truth.

23 minutes ago, IGM_Oficial said:

I don't know the reason of the shitstorm, since ryuusei just said the truth.

Sounds like he's just butthurt about not making money off of just being in a irrelevant band stuck in indiefag hell. He's only in it for the yens.

Good riddance to him then~👋

He made two more follow up posts after he posted his "apology" - in the first one, he basically backtracked on his apology, saying the band told him to apologize. He then went on to rant about the netgya who were offended by his initial post, and comically pointed out that the dark spot in his nose was a shadow, not nose hair as someone had pointed out on his band pic in his first post. In the second post, he basically admitted that the whole drama caused a lot of problems for Kyougetsu and he opted to leave as he felt responsible, and the band decided to break up.

I love it when karma comes back to bite people in the ass~

He still makes a good point about being super hard for indie bands to do it just for art's sake, considering they have to invest a shitload of money in EVERYTHING. Sometimes you just can't keep pulling money out of nowhere just to make art people aren't consuming. 

Tbh I'm glad he made the post, and that he put it in concrete terms. I've always found that side interesting, but haven't had much view into it, aside from talks with unreliable ex-bangya and the odd foreign vk bandman.

I do think it's hilarious that so many girls piled onto him for “not doing it for the art,” when vk (and maybe Japanese music in general) is such a commodified, commercially driven enterprise. Where's the anger at Kiryu for releasing 8 types of one single? Why do you support cheki sales which are inherently valueless and exist only to obscure the direct transfer of bangya funds to bandmen? If this is just art, why is that only bands with beautiful members go major? Why is it acceptable that someone in a hardcore deathmetal band can come back two months later in a dokidoki “you're our sixth member ♡” osare band and no one gives him shit? Those practices don't bother me personally--I don't mind artists making a living--but I love the nerve of some of those fans to accuse him of being morally bankrupt when they happily throw their parents' money at any skinny dude who walks on stage with a mic.

So yeah, props from me for the Left Eye moment, but also lol at all of Japan crucifying him (as he should have expected). Double lol at Reita, a guy who's lived comfortably off remaking the same 3 mediocre songs for a decade, chiming in. I'd much rather hear the opinion of someone who's been playing in Narciss for 10 years with no hope of every making any money--that's someone who knows about doing things for the art.

This drama was really interesting, I wondered if there was a place to make a thread about it but I wasn't sure how it would be received or even where to put it so here's a good opportunity to post a little write-up with some translations... I don't think the information in this thread at the moment paints a complete picture at all. I'll work on it if no one beats me to it.

1 hour ago, inartistic said:

Why is it acceptable that someone in a hardcore deathmetal band can come back two months later in a dokidoki “you're our sixth member ♡” osare band and no one gives him shit?

lmaooo im dead

OK here's the story as complete as I could find it...
EDIT: I added the long blog post about finances!

---

Let's just start with the 2 tweets and the blog post that kicked this all off...

I think all the bangya who won't like me at all must be attracted to Himura of Bananaman
(TN: Just to make sure the meaning here is abundantly clear -- he's saying girls who don't like him must be attracted to ugly people)

Everyone is upset that various bands are stopping activities but I want them to realize that one of the reasons behind this is that bangya don't really go to lives and spend money

Massive post about bandman finances:

Spoiler

Hello

In this blog post I'm going to reflect on the financial situation of bandmen.

Firstly, do-minor bands. A do-minor band is one about our size.
Did you think we were do-do-do-do-minor? Shut up!

First off, to do a live there's something called a ticket quota. It's used for performance fees. It depends on the event but a common one is a 5 ticket quota, where after 11 you get 50% back. Basically if tickets are 3000 yen and you can't get anyone in for your band you pay 15,000 yen. A 10 quota is common too, that's 30,0000 yen. That's the gist of it anyway.

If we ask how many fans a do-minor band can bring it's probably about 20 at most. So around 5-15. Let's say 10 for this example. I don't know how many it is for the bands you follow but try to apply this somehow. [With 10], you'll meet the quota but you won't get anything back. And since you also have to pay equipment expenses and makeup, it's minus about 20,000 yen. Split that among 5 and it's negative 4000 yen.

But if you have 10 then let's suppose 2 are your fans and they each buy 5 of your cheki. Cheki are about 500 yen, so for a do-minor that's about +5000 yen. +1,000 yen. For one live, hm, it's pretty rough, isn't it.

You wouldn't think you could make a living and when it's like this well you really can't. If your fans decrease you'll always be in the red. I've been doing this about 3 years but I feel like once you're in the red the band can't go on.

Next we'll take a do-minor that's doing pretty okay, let's say 20 fans. You get 50% back after 11 [tickets], so you get half of 10 tickets back, that's 15,000 yen. Oops, minus your equipment expenses. You're at -500 yen. Well actually, sometimes you'll get money back after the 6th ticket, but let's suppose we're getting money back after 11. If you have 4 fans, and they each buy 5 cheki, that's 10,000 yen! 9,500 yen in the black! Oh! You've made the same amount you could make from a day at a part-time job! But well, even if you work hard you can't make a living off this.

Next we'll talk about famous bands. You might be thinking shouldn't minor band be next?! but doing all the calculations is a pain so for minor bands you can just ad 20,000 or 30,000 yen. (Half-assed calculations)

I won't name names but hey. For independent bands, everyone goes to see ones that that have a hot vocalist. How much do they draw in at a multi-band event? 50-80? Let's say 50. In this case you'll probably get 100% back after 20. So 50% back from 10 tickets and 100% back from 30 tickets. About 105,000 yen. If you have this many fans your equipment fees are probably free so I'll subtract the make up fees. 90,000 yen in the black.

Probably if you're known in the scene this will go to producing and promoting your future releases but well, split among 5 that's 18,000 yen. If we assume each member has 10 fans and they buy 10 cheki, that's plus 25,000 for 43,000 yen. Hoho, you could make quite a bit if you did close to 10 shows a month! The dream is alive!

Next is if you belong to a label. The calculation are the same but I think the wages returned to the members are pretty low and I don't really know how much you can get from a famous one.

If you have a tsunagari on a famous label then tell me.

Then even bigger bands, like one where the bassist is handsome, well they're probably on a label. I don't know their salary so if you're their tsunagari let me know. My conjecture is 350,000 to 400,000 a month plus royalties.

Next, bands on massive labels. Ones that everyone seems to know. [Pre-edit text: Like PS Company or EUCLID.] Well they're probably making quite a bit on such big labels. If you're a tsunagari with someone famous let me know. I imagine 500,000 to 700,000 plush royalties for the lyricist and composer.

I imagine at the level of bands who are a hot topic would exceed 1,000,000 or such but I'm just guessing for labels!! [Pre-edit text: Bands who play in coniferous forests would exceeed 1,000,000 or such but I'm just guessing for labels!!]

Sorry! I have no idea! Tell me!!  And I'll write about it again!!

Well, what I'm trying to say is that if you don't buy goods that it's more difficult for us than you might imagine. If the average person only spends 2,500 yen this is how it is. Even if there's a slight difference in the money back  system I don't think it changes things much. I used to not buy goods except towels, but you should spend money on the bands you really love. That money might help them appear in better events if they can print advertisements with it. If you have money, use it. High schoolers, study so you can make money in the future. If you're addicted to host clubs, spend a little on bands.

Talking about this, hoho, did you think "bandmen don't seem to make much but my favorite spends money on equipment, so he must have a rich mitsu"?? Stop thinking like that. Surely his family is rich. That or he won the lottery. Support him.

That's about it卍
卍I await your information about salaries卍

Anyone who has ever followed any serious jouren drama or otherwise been privy to how jouren spend their money should rightfully have their suspicions about the truthfulness of these tweets, because it simply doesn't mesh with the well-known behavior of fans of bands with even the remotest success. The knowledge of the "underground" practices of bangya is not required to see how the second tweet went viral for all the wrong reasons; it actually attracted ire from music fans outside of the visual kei scene as well. If you read the replies the common thread is essentially: "Why is it the consumer's fault that you're unable to generate any profit?". Some fans also can be seen generally protesting the perceived popular notion among bandmen that bangya can be treated as ATMs. Some less savory replies even chastise him by telling him if he can't even attract a mitsu then he has no hope of building a fanbase. (BTFO) I really don't think the blog post was the crux of this drama by the way, although HERESY might get asspained if anyone less than the Emperor dares to talk about Reita, it's a relatively innocuous account of the reality.  It was the tweet that "blames" bangya for letting bands die that caused the shitstorm IMO.

Visual kei blogger/archivist Atsuhiko Kamiya wrote a lengthy article analyzing this sort of "Visual Kei Mafioso" attitude towards and the expenses associated with bands, if you're fluent in Japanese and interested in the topic: see here.

Anyway, this series of tweets was rather ballsy as he was biting the 3 gya hands that feed him and alienating potential fans, but I think what really sealed the deal was his behavior after this tweet.

It was abundantly clear that his bandmates (particularly the vocalist, Masaki) wanted nothing to do with the massive controversy that this generated, as the vocalist even went so far as to hold an "apology twicast", and posted many apologetic tweets, even individually replying to people to apologize long before Ryuusei commented on the issue. However, Ryuusei did eventually apologize, tweeting:

I apologize sincerely for the unpleasant feelings felt by many for my statement, and for causing inconvenience to my bandmates and fans.
I am truly reflecting on the fact that my thoughtless tweets and blog entry cause unpleasant feelings for so many.
In regards to [vocalist] Masaki apologizing before I did, I realized that I should apologize first, but I thought I should take some time to think about things calmly and then this was how things turned out.
I'll strive to assure this doesn't happen again.
I am very sorry.

However, this didn't last long. The next day he posted a blog post where he essentially rescinded his apology and attempted to better explain what he meant, as well as to fuel the absolute torrent of threads about him on tanuki resulting from his statement.

Spoiler

This is ryuusei.
I'm going to talk about this series of controversies.
Firstly, about the apology: you guys really criticized me about seeming like I didn't really want to apologize.
Truthfully, I didn't. I had to be because the other members told me to.
Well, it was the will of the band, because they're decent guys.
But now I'll write as I please.

First about the original tweet, I was tweeting about netogya.
I meant that netogya say disbandments are sad but netogya don't go to lives, so they should.

I think it was probably misinterpreted as me telling the fans to spend more or we might disband, meaning that fans have to spend their money.
I was talking about netogya so I don't get all this criticism where people are telling me to appreciate my fans, I do appreciate them.

I also don't get why even though I was saying it's ONE reason for disbandment that everyone's taking to mean it's the ONLY reason.
Even though I apologized for being misunderstood and this thing turning into a big deal, I thought it was weird because this is something that is acknowledged.
It's a misunderstanding.
I'm sorry I phrased it poorly and wrote something that could be misunderstood.
And I'm really sorry that I caused trouble for the fans and my bandmates who felt the repercussions of that.

About the blog post, everyone is like oh don't diss this band or involve them in this but I was just giving some conjectures about how much they made.
Everyone guesses the salaries of celebrities on TV programs so I don't get what's so bad about that.
But the facts are that putting specific names out there displeased people so I deleted the parts where you could figure out the band or label.
Sorry if you found it unpleasant.
That's all.

I'm going to write the rest in my usual way. About this whole controversy, I've always been trying to garner controversy with my tweets but since this one was caused by a misunderstanding it's not so great.
I've been exposed a lot, you guys are wild. Even my address. How did you find that?
Well, whatever. If you order 100 pizzas to my place you might get reported for obstructing business so stop that.
I don't really care about it but my grandma is going to lose it (lol)
The people taking advantage of this to expose me are wild. About the exposed DMs, I'm not seeing those girls now.
Expose me after you meet me. It's fine to expose pictures of my face too but at least use an app that makes me look good.
And don't post my dick. No one's taken a picture of it so it's probably fine, though.
I'm not going to counter-expose you even if you expose me nor will I go to the police so don't worry!

One last thing
it's not nose hair, it's a shadow!

(TN: 'netogya' is a derisive term for visual kei fans who don't attend shows or instores but instead support bands strictly through online means. They're considered lesser fans by some other fans and as you can see above, by some bandmen. You might see some threads on tanuki where bands get laughed at because while they seem popular their fans are all netogya and foreigners living outside Japan... like KILLANETH :^) )

Ryuusei was castigated for constantly undoing his bandmate's work to move past the whole issue, and for (what was perceived as) backpedaling and then baiting tanuki. This was where I personally saw the writing on the wall for kyogetsu -- his band was going to have to kick him out if they wanted to move past this, and the name "kyogetsu" was virtually unheard of until this happened. That brings us to the news of their disbandment

--

I have a few thoughts about this but a lot of them are the same about how I feel about the grown ass vocalist of 0.1 no gosan feeling like it's his god-given right to tell people what they should do at shows...

Edited by cvltic
Added "bandman finances" blog post

"The nail that sticks out gets hammered down"

I believe this is the perfect application of that observation to a real situation, both in how everything built up into this shit storm and how poorly the band members are handing this. From my comfortable armchair, it looks like this miscommunication between Ryuusei and the rest of Kyogetsu is an ongoing thing, probably because Ryuusei gives no fucks anymore and the rest of the band doesn't want to be black balled by next week for speaking their minds. It should not be a shock to anyone that yen lubes the scene. deadman, one of the most revered bands by """NET0GYA""" the world over, called it quits because they didn't have enough money to continue. Plenty of other bands threaten disbandment like a manipulative, suicidal lover. Unverified sources have churned out lazy, drama generating articles about how exploitative the scene is for years. But this, this is gold, because it  comes from the mouth of a visual kei band man. We should do our part to save the post about just how expensive it is for a visual kei band to make it these days. At least, it gives me an appreciation for those vk bands that give it their all no matter the outcome, because I can quantify monetary costs instead of effort or dedication, both invisible things that can't be measured well.

This also is an interesting insight into the psychology of the Japanese. In America, if an article like this was sensationalized, we'd run with it demanding changes to some or all of the injustices faced by the band. Ryuusei would be a notable figure for stopping the visual kei exploitation. In Japan, he's a nuisance that removed a lot of the sparkle and splendor from a mysterious scene and thus needs to learn a lesson. Shit's cray yo.

Here's the original text in case ryuusei ever gets wet feet and deletes the blog entry

はろー

バンドマンの金銭事情を考えるブログだよ

まずはドマイナー

ドマイナーってどのへんかというと俺らくらいで

お前らなんてどドドドドマイナーだろ!

とか思った?

うるせえ!

まずライブにでるにはチケットノルマというものがあります

まあ用は出演費やな

イベントにもよるけどよくあるのは

ノルマ5の11以降50%バック

つまりチケット代3000円なら動員できなきゃ15000円払うってこと

ノルマ10ってのもよくあるよ

30000円だね

まあこんな感じなんだけど

例えばドマイナーって動員どのくらいかっていうと多分多くて20だよね

だいたい5〜15だと思う

じゃあ動員10だとしよう

みんなが通ってるバンドがどのくらいか知らないけどまあなんとなくで当てはめてみて

ノルマは達成してるけど

バックはもらえないのね

で機材費というものがあるから

それとメイク代を考えたら

マイナス20000くらい

これを五人で割ったら4000円

これがマイナスです

でも10人だから一人が二人動員してると仮定して

その人たちがチェキを5枚ずつ買いました

チェキは500円くらいかなドマイナーは

5000円です

プラス1000円です

一回のライブで

ふむふむ

なかなか大変ですな

食っていこうなんて思えないよねずっとこんな感じならまあ普通に無理だよ

動員減ったりしたら普通にマイナスだよ

俺は三年やってるのにマイナス出てたらバンドは続けられないかなーって感じ

次にまあまあ動員いるドマイナー

動員20だとします

11から50%バックなので

10枚の半分がバック

15000です

おっと

機材費がマイナスです

500円マイナス

まあ実際6枚目からバックとかもあるんだけど

11からバックで考えるね

一人が四人動員してるとして

チェキ5枚ずつだと10000円

9500プラス!

おお!

一日バイトするくらいは稼げてる!!

まあどう頑張っても食ってはいけないけど

次に知名度盤

次はマイナー盤じゃないんかい!

と思うかもだけどいちいち計算面倒なんじゃマイナーは多分一人プラス2万3万くらいだよ(適当

名前はださないけどそだなー

自主だと

イケメンなボーカルがいるところあたりがみんな浮かんでるかな

対バンの動員どれくらいなのかな多分

50〜80くらい?

まあ50だとしよう

多分こうなると

チケットのバックが20以降100%バックくらいにはなってるはず

となると

10枚が50%

30枚が100%

105000かなー

こんだけ動員すれば多分機材費は無料になるから

メイク代ひいて

プラス90000円

多分知名度ともなれば今後の制作や広告費用にこれまわすんじゃないかなーとは思うけど

まあ五人で割って18000円

一人10人動員すると考えて

チェキ5枚だと

25000円

43000円

ほうほう

ライブ月に10本近くやれば結構稼げるね!!!

夢があるぞ!!

次に事務所に所属してる場合は

計算は同じだけど

メンバーに還元される給料はなかなか少ないと思う知名度でいくらもらえるのかなー知らないや

誰か知名度の事務所所属してる繋がりがいる方いたら教えてください

ではもっとでかいばんど

ベースがイケメンなところとか

になるとまあ多分ほとんど事務所入ってるでしょう

給料はわかりません繋がってる人いたら教えてください

俺の予想は月に35〜40万プラス印税くらいです

次はでかい事務所に入ってるバンド

みんなが知っているような

まあこれだけ大きな事務所の方は多分結構もらってるよね

誰か有名な方と繋がってる人がいたら教えてください

予想は50〜70プラス作詞作曲者は印税

最近話題が上がるようなバンドとかのレベルになれば100越えるとかそんな感じだと予想してる

事務所は全部予想だけどな!!!

ごめんな!

わからねえんだよ!!!

教えてほしいよ!!

そしたらまたブログ書くからさ!!

まあ何が言いたいかというと

物販でお金を使っていただけないと想像以上に苦しいということだ

平均一人が2500しか使わないとこんな感じだよ

多少のバックとかの違いあってもそこまでは変わらないと思う

俺は物販買わない人だったけどさ

タオルとかは買ってたけど

本当に好きなバンドにはお金を使うべきだな

その金でより広告打ち出すしより良いイベント出れるかもしれないんだ

お金がある方は使う

高校生は将来稼ぐために勉強する

ホス狂いはバンドにもちょっとくらい使ってよー

こんな話をすると

ほうほう

バンドマンはあまり稼いでないみたいけど

私の本命は機材にお金かけてるし

なんかお金持ってそう

蜜いるんじゃないかな??

って思った???

そんなこと考えるのはやめなさい

きっと実家がお金持ちなんだよ

それか宝くじ当たったんだよ

応援してあげて

そんな感じ卍

卍給料に関する情報待ってます卍

6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Here's the original text in case ryuusei ever gets wet feet and deletes the blog entry

Reveal hidden contents

はろー

バンドマンの金銭事情を考えるブログだよ

まずはドマイナー

ドマイナーってどのへんかというと俺らくらいで

お前らなんてどドドドドマイナーだろ!

とか思った?

うるせえ!

まずライブにでるにはチケットノルマというものがあります

まあ用は出演費やな

イベントにもよるけどよくあるのは

ノルマ5の11以降50%バック

つまりチケット代3000円なら動員できなきゃ15000円払うってこと

ノルマ10ってのもよくあるよ

30000円だね

まあこんな感じなんだけど

例えばドマイナーって動員どのくらいかっていうと多分多くて20だよね

だいたい5〜15だと思う

じゃあ動員10だとしよう

みんなが通ってるバンドがどのくらいか知らないけどまあなんとなくで当てはめてみて

ノルマは達成してるけど

バックはもらえないのね

で機材費というものがあるから

それとメイク代を考えたら

マイナス20000くらい

これを五人で割ったら4000円

これがマイナスです

でも10人だから一人が二人動員してると仮定して

その人たちがチェキを5枚ずつ買いました

チェキは500円くらいかなドマイナーは

5000円です

プラス1000円です

一回のライブで

ふむふむ

なかなか大変ですな

食っていこうなんて思えないよねずっとこんな感じならまあ普通に無理だよ

動員減ったりしたら普通にマイナスだよ

俺は三年やってるのにマイナス出てたらバンドは続けられないかなーって感じ

次にまあまあ動員いるドマイナー

動員20だとします

11から50%バックなので

10枚の半分がバック

15000です

おっと

機材費がマイナスです

500円マイナス

まあ実際6枚目からバックとかもあるんだけど

11からバックで考えるね

一人が四人動員してるとして

チェキ5枚ずつだと10000円

9500プラス!

おお!

一日バイトするくらいは稼げてる!!

まあどう頑張っても食ってはいけないけど

次に知名度盤

次はマイナー盤じゃないんかい!

と思うかもだけどいちいち計算面倒なんじゃマイナーは多分一人プラス2万3万くらいだよ(適当

名前はださないけどそだなー

自主だと

イケメンなボーカルがいるところあたりがみんな浮かんでるかな

対バンの動員どれくらいなのかな多分

50〜80くらい?

まあ50だとしよう

多分こうなると

チケットのバックが20以降100%バックくらいにはなってるはず

となると

10枚が50%

30枚が100%

105000かなー

こんだけ動員すれば多分機材費は無料になるから

メイク代ひいて

プラス90000円

多分知名度ともなれば今後の制作や広告費用にこれまわすんじゃないかなーとは思うけど

まあ五人で割って18000円

一人10人動員すると考えて

チェキ5枚だと

25000円

43000円

ほうほう

ライブ月に10本近くやれば結構稼げるね!!!

夢があるぞ!!

次に事務所に所属してる場合は

計算は同じだけど

メンバーに還元される給料はなかなか少ないと思う知名度でいくらもらえるのかなー知らないや

誰か知名度の事務所所属してる繋がりがいる方いたら教えてください

ではもっとでかいばんど

ベースがイケメンなところとか

になるとまあ多分ほとんど事務所入ってるでしょう

給料はわかりません繋がってる人いたら教えてください

俺の予想は月に35〜40万プラス印税くらいです

次はでかい事務所に入ってるバンド

みんなが知っているような

まあこれだけ大きな事務所の方は多分結構もらってるよね

誰か有名な方と繋がってる人がいたら教えてください

予想は50〜70プラス作詞作曲者は印税

最近話題が上がるようなバンドとかのレベルになれば100越えるとかそんな感じだと予想してる

事務所は全部予想だけどな!!!

ごめんな!

わからねえんだよ!!!

教えてほしいよ!!

そしたらまたブログ書くからさ!!

まあ何が言いたいかというと

物販でお金を使っていただけないと想像以上に苦しいということだ

平均一人が2500しか使わないとこんな感じだよ

多少のバックとかの違いあってもそこまでは変わらないと思う

俺は物販買わない人だったけどさ

タオルとかは買ってたけど

本当に好きなバンドにはお金を使うべきだな

その金でより広告打ち出すしより良いイベント出れるかもしれないんだ

お金がある方は使う

高校生は将来稼ぐために勉強する

ホス狂いはバンドにもちょっとくらい使ってよー

こんな話をすると

ほうほう

バンドマンはあまり稼いでないみたいけど

私の本命は機材にお金かけてるし

なんかお金持ってそう

蜜いるんじゃないかな??

って思った???

そんなこと考えるのはやめなさい

きっと実家がお金持ちなんだよ

それか宝くじ当たったんだよ

応援してあげて

そんな感じ卍

卍給料に関する情報待ってます卍

Note that this is post-edit, you can find pre-edit screenshots where he (kinda) names bands here. I tried to include both in my translation ... which is now available above in my summary post. (Sorry for posting in this thread so many times.)

9 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

Sounds like he's just butthurt about not making money off of just being in a irrelevant band stuck in indiefag hell. He's only in it for the yens.

Yeah. He's still right, but it's fully understandable.