The Piass

Deviloof new album, "Devil's Proof" release + Gt.&Vo.Ray (ex-ベルゼモ (belzemo)) joins

I'm not sure why the few seconds of cleans vocals = softer song.... 

Also maybe it's not them trying to fit in with other bands but just something he wanted to do from the beginning or add in but just never did.... It's probably best if you just let the band do what they want and just like or don't like what they dish out but I thought the song was excellent!

Plus most bands do that same new look positioning so Deviloof and DIMLIM having the same pose is understandable lol

they went from unlistenable garbage to slightly better, not as stinky garbage! some cool guitarwork here and then, liked the solo too.

congrats... but dimlim and nokubura did it better

9 hours ago, patientZERO said:

Shower thoughts: people may complain that they're turning MORE VK, but can we just stop and appreciate that this album isn't in three versions, with shop exclusive bonuses as well as a live-limited release version? It is entirely possible to own all of Deviloof's discography as of right now without having to resort to auction haggling. So while they may be leaning more towards the VK side of things, it isn't going to break the (international) fan's banks to support them.

Well , totally agree , and honestly when deviloof came out from the start , they were already in VK , so even they try to add more VK in their look , I dont think it strange. 

5 minutes ago, Kyo_Toriko said:

Well , totally agree , and honestly when deviloof came out from the start , they were already in VK , so even they try to add more VK in their look , I dont think it strange. 

Well they actually started off as a non-visual death metal band at first - I forget what their original name was.

6 minutes ago, sheepprincessgara said:

Well they actually started off as a non-visual death metal band at first - I forget what their original name was.

The band was called " All Must Die" , I remembered that they had a band before DEVILOOF , but I didnt know them in that period , so the start which I meant was from DEVILOOF lol

( I am sorry if I dont express clearly !)

that's why they added clean vocals,to make those who disliked their previous work say "ohh,now it's listenenable"

well,i still prefer no clean vocals,but can't complain about this amazing band.and the shit production of DIMLIM can't be compared to it

I don't think it's only the clean vocals that make this song more listenable, it's just that they included some more interesting stuff into their songwriting this time. They've always lacked the creativity that bands like Nokubura and now DIMLIM have, to me there was honestly nothing interesting about their old music and that has nothing to do with them being "brutal". On the contrary, I just feel they sounded boring and exchangeable compared to other deathcore bands. And while this guy's vocals are technically good and probably even way above average in VK, I still don't feel he doesn't do anything extraordinary apart from his highs, so using more vocal techniques is not exactly a bad approach.

Anyway, this song gives me hope that they can actually write interesting songs, I want them to succeed and I am definitely rooting for them.

This is totally better than their previous stuff that just sounded like a pig massacre.

If the drop screams and growls up to a point they are a minor element I may be able to enjoy them. It's a shame I do not because they're clearly fairly capable.

On 1/10/2017 at 3:46 PM, Kiryu999 said:

Clean vocals aren't that bad ? He sounds a lot like Mikaru (ex-Dio)

I agree with you! his voice is very similar to Mikaru! D:

His clean vocals are nice, but at least we know they're not gonna stick to that permanently; like @itsukoii and a few others have said here, I think them not normally having clean vocals sets them apart from every other vk band, which is great. We need more bands that break away from that mold.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, VkBrutaliaN said:

cover artwork:

Why the hell are they using Deathmetal/deathcore font for their name when his lows are weak and lukewarm. His highs are nice but missing that killer edge They have no punch and this p**** s*** is no Nocturnal Bloodlust - spear. NB also used common deathcore riffage and clean singing but at least they had something going for that one song, but deviloof is str8 donkeybutt and lame. Aleast Hiro garbarge self managed to balance the vocals. 

ROTFL at the thought of them in comparison to Actual brutal deathcore bands who do mix it up track to track as much or more then this band. 

VK death/core should just be left to Re:dis, sadie, the piass. Coderebirth and lustknot. could pull it off. 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 12:41 PM, itsukoii said:

one more thing is that idk, are they doing it to lump themselves in with visual kei more? because vk songs that consist of only growls/screams and 0 clean vocals (not counting deviloof's songs) are heckin rare and don't really exist anymore... the no clean vocals are really what made deviloof stand out to me when i first found them.

Because GxSxD, INFERNAL REVULSION, and Vomit Remnants wash them. scratch that, they would drag their school boy butts to hell and back.  they arnt serious either unlike death i am. i bet they're genre on itunes is pop like other "hard" vk  bands lmao. VK is a place where you can pop metal, pop hard rock, be harsh but still totally kawaii. 

People who dislike PURGE keep searching little flaws and defects on their music ,but the fact is that they simply don't like it.

Personally,PURGE was the best slam/deathcore album I ever heard in my life,but was just their debut they still developing and creating their sound.

(DAIKI'S TWIEET)

DNRX-hJVAAEYMeS.jpg

Edited by Manji 卍

i am somehow kinda worried because shouldn't they upload their full PV for their song "M.F.JAP" today?

i know with ESCAPE also they uploaded it like 01.10.2017 at 22:00 o'clock at their local time but for "M.F.JAP" there's still no teaser or any hint like at what time it'll be exactly uploaded on their twitter....

so hopefully we will still get some more brutality within the next 24 hours - i need some MOA!!...

Patience my friend! They also announced a Deviloof magazine which looks like it has more info on the band members and possibly lyrics. They're handed out free at VK shops. I really hope one is stuff into my package for the preorder from Tower.

well...since they only filmed it last week,i think it’s possible that it’s not ready yet,let's see 

i friend of mine heard M.F.JAP  live and she said that the tempo is slower than ESCAPE and there's no clean vocals 

Edited by Manji 卍