The Piass

Deviloof new album, "Devil's Proof" release + Gt.&Vo.Ray (ex-ベルゼモ (belzemo)) joins

It was one of the most disgusting clean vocals I heard in the last year.

They are getting softer as well. I guess little fan-girls cannot handle brutal deathcore that well, after all they need some vanilla moments.

I like the instrumentals.

But the clean vocals just ruined everything, I literally had to pause a couple of times to calm down.

srsly i don't understand people in this day and age...

i was VERY surprised by keisuke using clean vokills but I LOVED his execution!

also that part from 1:35 - 2:03 is just pure fucking GOLD!

this song sounds sooooo good and people be like: oh he uses clean singing they become softer - no! they are as brutal as ever and just aside from your typical lame-ass deathcore band they at least don't sound the same with every single song.

it's Vk and VARIETY is key!

anyway i LOVED every single second of this and i can't wait for the rest of the album!

already predicting - DEVILOOF - Devil's Proof = BEST DEATHCORE RELEASE OF THE YEAR!!

ONLY THING i gotta mention though where they kinda fucked up is at the cover artwork instead of "Devil's Proof" it srsly says "Devil's Ploof" - hopefully on the real CD they wrote it right (but if not oh well after all they are japanese/english....) but other than that - good job guys!

Clean vox are pretty good imo, he sounds like Hazuki... About them getting 'softer', well I disagree...They're still a few orders of magnitude heavier than nokubura

Holy hell this was so fucking sick!!!

Can we talk about the production for this video holy hell !!! They seriously up'ed their game

They look phenomanol <3 They seriously went all out 

This new song is just fuckin' epic !
And they really get better and better , also the new looks just made my eyes fully open ! lol
But I don't know , I love ray's clean vocal in this song , but it make me a little confused honestly xD"
Hmm anyway , just so fuckin' excited for this new album coming next month !

honestly,for the new look i was expecting something like their previous one,with those dirty and badass slipknot-ish clothes (didn't expected them to look exacly like many other jrock bands...and the nokubura moment on the clean vocals,it was a shock at the first seconds,but after some time it just grown on me

i give 10/10 to this,was good and crushing as expected...

but i don't think  they should includ clean vocals to every song,just few ones

10 minutes ago, Kyo_Toriko said:

But I don't know , I love ray's clean vocal in this song , but it make me a little confused honestly xD"
Hmm anyway , just so fuckin' excited for this new album coming next month !

I think you mean Keisuke. Ray's the (new) guitarist.

Also, they have a new OHP. Their old link is dead.

http://web.mag-system.jp/deviloofpj/

With all this talk of a "restart" or whatever they're calling it and with the new OHP not having any information regarding their first releases, I wonder if they're legitimately trying to start anew (and wash away any traces of Ryuya?).

Edited by patientZERO

my GOD that was as good as always! and what a look mmmmmmm

although here i go with the "no clean vocals pls"...

deviloof don't need them. keisuke already sounds so unique in comparison to the usual run-of-the-mill deathcore vocalist and his screaming capabilities are INSANELY impressive with all those ranges and weird sounds n shit he can do, but as a singer he isn't very good? although i guess i appreciate how he's still keeping his voice sorta harsh and slurred and weird rather than totally clean mainstream vk, and doing his own thing.

one more thing is that idk, are they doing it to lump themselves in with visual kei more? because vk songs that consist of only growls/screams and 0 clean vocals (not counting deviloof's songs) are heckin rare and don't really exist anymore... the no clean vocals are really what made deviloof stand out to me when i first found them.

sorry for the useless rant looool

7 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

I think you mean Keisuke. Ray's the (new) guitarist.

lol sorry for my mistake ... > <" Thank you for correcting me !
But I think the clean vocal is really doing well !

And after listening this song for 3 times ,
I found one thing , maybe just my feeling ,
but the part of clean vocal is really similiar to Okui Masami's song called "shuffle"...

I don't know. The full screaming was good because Keisuke is really fucking good at it but it's nice to see a vocalist grown out of that as well. Yes, it's the current trend with vk to have full metalcore screams with clean vocals and yes, bands are just going to do that these days because it's the thing to do.

The thing is that it's not bad. I actually quite like this song even though they're adapting a slightly different way you also have to think that this may be one of the "softer" songs on the album as well.

Shower thoughts: people may complain that they're turning MORE VK, but can we just stop and appreciate that this album isn't in three versions, with shop exclusive bonuses as well as a live-limited release version? It is entirely possible to own all of Deviloof's discography as of right now without having to resort to auction haggling. So while they may be leaning more towards the VK side of things, it isn't going to break the (international) fan's banks to support them.

Edited by patientZERO
grammar

Omg they've become monstrous... congratulations that was fucking great!

Totally satisfied with the clean vocals, he's nailed a number of basic VK tropes to carry through and some of the excess noises were excellent.~

Vocally it's also unique enough I'm going to remember it later, Deviloof knows what they're doing I didnt expect such a song lol!