jaymee

Bangya Hacks! (Advice for Attending VK Lives)

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

Do VK bands even offer student discounts?

Occasionally I see student discount tickets for festivals and the like! (Not only limited to VK)

37 minutes ago, Masato said:

Btw, does any of you include their cpntact details in a fan letter? I have never done that personally, but i was wondering if it is common practice?

I think the bandmen know their usual fans from twitter already! So there is no need for it anyway.

No, not unless you're propositioning them for mitsu or something :lolita_lol:

51 minutes ago, jaymee said:

No, not unless you're propositioning them for mitsu or something :lolita_lol:

Maybe i should include 5 yen then as well! Lol So they really get the point!

Message me and there will be more small change where that came from! 

🤣

Who came up with Mitsu concept anyway? Bandomen all look so bad out of makeup and their real personalities would bore people to death "baito & practice & live & clean up their place & mitsu" and all over again. 

2 minutes ago, Masato said:

Maybe i should include 5 yen then as well! Lol So they really get the point!

Message me and there will be more small change where that came from! 

🤣

Who came up with Mitsu concept anyway? Bandomen all look so bad out of makeup and their real personalities would bore people to death "baito & practice & live & clean up their place & mitsu" and all over again. 

Lolllll just imagining the looks on their faces as they stare at the 5 yen.

But some girls are really "in love" with whatever dude they're into so I guess they'll take whatever they can get. Occasionally some dudes are hotter without the make-up lol...

7 minutes ago, jaymee said:

Occasionally some dudes are hotter without the make-up lol...

I've ran into really attractive bandmen on the street. And really ugly ones too.

@jaymee thank you for your comprehensive guide! With merchandise - do you mean that the merch goes on sale prior to the doors opening? If tickets work out I have two lives that start at 16:30pm - trying to understand timings. 

Thanks! 

On 3/12/2019 at 1:37 AM, WYSEGAZER said:

@jaymee thank you for your comprehensive guide! With merchandise - do you mean that the merch goes on sale prior to the doors opening? If tickets work out I have two lives that start at 16:30pm - trying to understand timings. 

Thanks! 

For pretty small bands, especially at taiban events (where multiple bands perform), merch may be sold after the performance at a little merch table inside the venue, but most of the time the merch goes on sale a couple of hours before doors open. For bands playing large venues, merch may even go on sale in the morning or many hours before the venue opens. If merch goes on sale before the show, whether or not merch will be sold following the concert is up to each band. (It often is, but popular items might already be sold out.)

Usually bands will tweet or update their HP with merch info before the event (some bands might cut it really close until a day or two before the show though, which can be annoying from a logistical perspective, especially if you're ensei-ing).

P.S. Unless noted in the merch info, assume credit cards aren't accepted and have your cash ready before you get to the venue.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:13 AM, jaymee said:

For pretty small bands, especially at taiban events (where multiple bands perform), merch may be sold after the performance at a little merch table inside the venue, but most of the time the merch goes on sale a couple of hours before doors open. For bands playing large venues, merch may even go on sale in the morning or many hours before the venue opens. If merch goes on sale before the show, whether or not merch will be sold following the concert is up to each band. (It often is, but popular items might already be sold out.)

Usually bands will tweet or update their HP with merch info before the event (some bands might cut it really close until a day or two before the show though, which can be annoying from a logistical perspective, especially if you're ensei-ing).

P.S. Unless noted in the merch info, assume credit cards aren't accepted and have your cash ready before you get to the venue.

Damn I thought i'd replied to this already - sorry for the late reply and thank you for all the info. I am going to see Matenrou Opera next week and freaking a tad!

On 4/28/2019 at 1:23 AM, WYSEGAZER said:

Damn I thought i'd replied to this already - sorry for the late reply and thank you for all the info. I am going to see Matenrou Opera next week and freaking a tad!

No problem! Hope you enjoy or enjoyed and were able to score some cool merch!

On 5/7/2019 at 7:55 AM, jaymee said:

No problem! Hope you enjoy or enjoyed and were able to score some cool merch!

Thank you! Your guide was fantastic use! I did, managed to get everything I wanted and they were absolutely sublime live. Best gigs of my life. Now gotta save up to rinse and repeat asap...I can dream right?? 

On 7/14/2018 at 1:46 PM, Purlpi said:

One friend specifically told me to be careful with VAMPS fangirls. I was somehow scared because I had the unpleasant experience of seeing some of that crazy fans that follow the band around the world being so rude and agressive to be on the first rows in my country (and here we are rude at lives! lol) and I attended to VAMPS' Halloween event waiting the worst. But... they were the nicest ones.

My friends from the past said exactly the same, like, "you are scared of foreign bangya? Good luck with Japanese, lol", but finally japanese bangya were much more cute and polite with me (especially goth or nagoya fans, the cutest creatures ever...) than really mean people I don't even want to know after really scary incidents with bullying and stalking 🤦‍♀️

On 8/30/2017 at 1:39 PM, BrenGun said:

Well, as a fan not living in Japan, band members will dis your ass if a Japanese fan make a problem with you.  Because they never would tell the Japanese fan to shut up. because well, they Japanese fan is more important than you living 100000 of kilometers away, because the Japanese fan will support them by going to the lives and buying band shit.  They even could tell you "I love your support, but because to not having trouble you will be banned from our gig". Even tho they actually have to "ban" that Japanese fan. They only ban "Japanese" fan if they also make trouble to other "Japanese" fan. But they wouldn't protect a gaijin that fast. 
So I highly recommend to never ever be a friend with any fan of the band you want to support. If those "bitches" complain, it's almost impossible to win.
After all it's about money.

That sounds brutal. It makes sense they are going to defend their own women though. Years ago when I first got into the scene, you basically had to be invited to the shows. That was the only way in. It was sketchy for foreigners to even go. 

Personally I've found that in western concert culture you can usually stay out of trouble by only talking with people that approach you. There are plenty of ways to not draw attention (stay in the back, be polite, don't feed any drama). I'm sort of curious how these tactics play out in livehouses. Personally I don't want to be anywhere near the furi (I've foreign, the actions look completely delusional to me) but most of the bands I listen to aren't really of that nature anyway, so. I guess I'd be more concerned about being ostracized for being white.

Can anyone recommend:

-best prepaid card/visa for yen 

-recommended ride service

-SIM card or temp phone w/google maps

Edited by lei0418