suji

MARY RUE will restart activities

Oh god! o_o This is really interesting and unexpected.

1 hour ago, BrenGun said:

Oh it's  a restart?!

When where they active before? any details about that?

Originally this band was formed by KYON and a guitarist called YU-TA in April 1991 under the name TRASH. Then YOU (bass) and AKO (vocal) joined and they released their only demotape as TRASH. Im November 1994 they changed their name to MARY RUE and in February 1995 original member YU-TA left and was replaced by RYO. Under this lineup they released a tape and a CD in the late 90s. I'm not really sure when they disbanded, probably shorty after their CD release (97-99?).

Also sometime in the late 90s or early 00s their song KISS was re-recorded by A-UNIT, a band led by MARY RUE's vocalist AKO. I don't know whether other members were involved because it was only released on some obscure omnibus tape which does not state any member names. :/

4 minutes ago, Keiyuu said:

Oh god! o_o This is really interesting and unexpected.

Originally this band was formed by KYON and a guitarist called YU-TA in April 1991 under the name TRASH. Then YOU (bass) and AKO (vocal) joined and they released their only demotape as TRASH. Im November 1994 they changed their name to MARY RUE and in February 1995 original member YU-TA left and was replaced by RYO. Under this lineup they released a tape and a CD in the late 90s. I'm not really sure when they disbanded, probably shorty after their CD release (97-99?).

Also sometime in the late 90s or early 00s their song KISS was re-recorded by A-UNIT, a band led by MARY RUE's vocalist AKO. I don't know whether other members were involved because it was only released on some obscure omnibus tape which does not state any member names. :/

sounds basically that they are pretty much a new band. since not really anything released under the current new line-up. They are just kinda "use" an old name to be "known" better I guess?

Still hopefully this "new" start will last longer. 

I honestly thought that Kyon would be joining them since she mysteriously reappeared recently and even tweeted a photo of her and MARY RUE's members. To be fair though, their current drummer is only a support member, so there's a chance she could join them later?

MARY RUE will perform on November 7 at Shinjuku LOFT.

A 4-song demo CD was also distributed at their 10/8 live:

DLlEzFhUQAAZ8YD.jpg

DL7K1iDVoAArpeD.jpg

DLoX2GMVwAAzvQJ.jpg

DLoX3UEVYAAyaWq.jpg

Ain't this guys like 45 now?

Nice seeing full revivals like this happening.

Was this band popular with so few releases?

Guest musicians @ 1/11:

Gt. TAKUYA (Kneuklid Romance, INO HEAD PARK, etc.) ("Through the Night")

Gt. Tatsu (GASTUNK) ("KISS")

On 27.08.2017 at 4:04 AM, Takadanobabaalien said:

Kyon though??? 

Also so funny how all member of da'vid/pleura are still in the music business except pietoro who is a host lmao

eh?? really? i remember him as a part-time drummer...
btw, did he delete his ameblo?.. i can't find...