jaymee

Mix Speaker's,Inc. will disband

They posted the news today on their official site:

http://www.mixspeakersnet.com/sp/news/report.html?id=767

I'll translate the member messages later tonight if anyone is interested. (Since every member wrote something it's kind of long and I don't have enough time before my lunch break ends...)

Edited by jaymee

27 minutes ago, tetsu_sama69 said:

Sadly with the full swing return of PLC, I really saw this coming.

I feel like PLC has been really generous about scheduling around their other band's schedules tho. It might be a reason, but not the main one imho.

Like this year PLC fans won't get a Halloween live because AYA and seek will perform with MSI instead. At least in AYA's eyes, Mix was his priority. It's not a big secret among PLC gya that it took forever for them to get back together specifically because they were waiting on him to come around. (As much of a blow that's been to me as an AYA fan that has never really cared for Mix.)

Even in his message on the site now, he says that through all the good times and bad times, personally Mix is his number one band. But he also says this is something they have talked about doing many times before that. 

So may actually maybe the opposite... Maybe AYA finally relented to let PLC get back together because there had been previous talks about Mix disbanding and he thought/knew it was only a matter of time. If vocalist NIKA is retiring, that leads me to think that either there is a situation where he can't continue singing/VK, like health issues or getting married/settling down or something. They've already had one vocalist change in the past, and maybe they weren't keen on going that route again.

Edited by jaymee

10 minutes ago, jaymee said:

I feel like PLC has been really generous about scheduling around their other band's schedules tho. It might be a reason, but not the main one imho.

Like this year PLC fans won't get a Halloween live because AYA and seek will perform with MSI instead. At least in AYA's eyes, Mix was his priority. It's not a big secret among PLC gya that it took forever for them to get back together specifically because they were waiting on him to come around. (As much of a blow that's been to me as an AYA fan that has never really cared for Mix.)

Even in his message on the site now, he says that through all the good times and bad times, personally Mix is his number one band. But he also says this is something they have talked about doing many times before that. 

So may actually maybe the opposite... Maybe AYA finally relented to let PLC get back together because there had been previous talks about Mix disbanding and he thought/knew it was only a matter of time. If vocalist NIKA is retiring, that leads me to think that either there is a situation where he can't continue singing/VK, like health issues or getting married/settling down or something. They've already had one vocalist change in the past, and maybe they weren't keen on going that route again.

It could be a mix of those reasons. Perhaps just hunting down another vocalist was already trouble enough before. They're really a niche band and finding another singer could be more trouble than it's worth when PLC could possibly just have more activity to make for it.

5 minutes ago, tetsu_sama69 said:

It could be a mix of those reasons. Perhaps just hunting down another vocalist was already trouble enough before. They're really a niche band and finding another singer could be more trouble than it's worth when PLC could possibly just have more activity to make for it.

I think that's totally plausible... But since I'm not really involved in the Mix fandom I'll be sure to ask the other AYA/seek fans that follow Mix this weekend at PLC's live what their thoughts on the situation are.

Actually I'll just go ahead and post a translation of the general announcement and NIKA's message first, because I think it offers the most insight into what is going on. I'll update with the others later.

[2017/08/23]

Imporant Announcement from Mix Speakers,Inc.

We’d like to express our sincerest gratitude for your continued support of Mix Speakers,Inc.

Following the EX THEATER ROPPONGI performance on February 25, 2018, Mix Speakers,Inc. will disband.

We deeply apologize from the bottom of our hearts for this sudden announcement.

We are sincerely grateful to all of our fans, staff, and everyone who has supported us during these many, 11 years.

Mix Speakers,Inc.

[NIKA]

Just as it says, we’ve decided to disband.

I’m sorry to surprise you all with such sudden news.

I know this must come as a betrayal to those of you who have supported us up until now, and were hopeful about or were anticipating more to come in the future, but as painful and regretful as it is, it can’t be helped.

We’ve been together for a long time.

We were able to forge many strong bonds during our activities, but we’ve also had a growing number of disagreements between us.

Although I’ve tried to bridge these disagreements once becoming aware of them, and it was my intention to put forth my best effort so we could continue together in the future, it was just too much for me.

For this I am truly sorry.

When we were together, stupid things would get blown up, but we’d stay positive through it all, and united on making our live shows and music the best we could.

It isn’t that there’s bad blood or anything like that between us.

This is the honest truth.

Even bearing the heaviness of these arguments on our shoulders, we pressed on with our band activities, because we love all of you bangya princesses and princes so much.

And because of that, I’d like to keep a bright, Mix Speakers,Inc.-like smile on my face until the very, very end.

I’ve decided that Mix Speakers will be my last band, so after our disbandment I have no plans to form another band or take the stage again.

So I sincerely ask that somehow, you come to say goodbye.

In order to make Mix Speakers, Inc. stand out, even if it's just a little bit more, all of us will be putting everything we have into our final tour.

Finally, to all of you who have supported us up until this point, you have my sincerest gratitude.

I hope you’ll continue to support us for just a little longer.

Edited by jaymee

I mean... it needed to happen. They should’ve disbanded when Yuki left. It was a great band but it lived its purpose. 

Edited by efuru

They will also be releasing their last mini-album, "JACK IN THE TOY BOX" (2700 yen) on November 1.

[tracklist]

1,トイドールの行進 (toydoll no koshin)
2,”as same as…”
3,僕と君のうた (boku to kimi no uta)
4,うらめし屋敷 地下参階 (urameshi yashiki chika san-kai)
5,ダンデライオン (dandelion)

DH4-nO6XcAIG6mh.jpg

DH4-ufWXoAAsC0m.jpg

I was always really impressed by their looks and costumes, but music-wise I always liked PLC more.. Still, they were one of those bands I was into back in my early days of VK so it feels kinda weird to see them go now (although, to be frank, I also never really expected them to last as long as they did..)

O FFS, not another one! (Kind of saw this one coming as well though.) I really loved this band, was never into PLC. Was hoping they might give us one more full album. Bummer

So reading though all of it, it seems that although AYA and seek had no intentions of leaving MSI to continue with PLC, some or all of the other members had their reservations about them continuing with two bands at the same time, and finally in light of this, NIKA and Miki felt they could no longer continue to be a part of MSI. It doesn't seem like AYA and seek were slacking off any in MSI, just that some or all of the members felt everyone's hearts should be in the same place with just their one band.

If re-posting this/these translation(s) elsewhere, please link back here/credit me, yeah?

[2017/08/23]

We’d like to express our sincerest gratitude for your continued support of Mix Speakers,Inc.

Following the EX THEATER ROPPONGI performance on February 25, 2018, Mix Speakers,Inc. will disband.

We deeply apologize from the bottom of our hearts for this sudden announcement.

We are sincerely grateful to all of our fans, staff, and everyone who has supported us during these many, 11 years.

Mix Speakers,Inc.

[NIKA]

Spoiler

Just as it says, we’ve decided to disband.

I’m sorry to surprise you all with such sudden news.

I know this must come as a betrayal to those of you who have supported us up until now, and were hopeful about or were anticipating more to come in the future, but as painful and regretful as it is, it can’t be helped.

We’ve been together for a long time now.

Although we were able to forge many strong bonds during our activities, we’ve also had a growing number of disagreements between us.

Although I’ve tried to bridge these disagreements once becoming aware of them, and it was my intention to put forth my best effort so we could continue together in the future, it was too much for me.

For this I am truly sorry.

When we were together, stupid things would get blown up, but we’d stay positive through it all, and united on making our live shows and music the best we could.

It isn’t that there’s bad blood or anything like that between us.

This is the honest truth.

Even bearing the heaviness of these arguments on our shoulders, we pressed on with our band activities, because we love all of you bangya princesss and princes so much.

And because of that, I’d like to keep this bright, Mix Speakers,Inc.-like smile on my face until the very, very end.

I’ve decided that Mix Speakers will be my last band, so after our disbandment I have no plans to form another band or step on stage again.

So I sincerely ask that, somehow, you come to see me one last time.

So that Mix Speakers, Inc. may stand out just a little bit more, all of us will be putting everything we have into our final tour.

Finally, to all of you who have supported us up until this point, you have my sincerest gratitude.

I hope you’ll continue to support us for just a little longer.

[MIKI]

Spoiler

We’ve kept the band going for 10 years straight.

Of course, it hasn’t always been fun.

For 10 years, we’ve had talks, fights over differences in opinion, and were able to overcome it all and keep going.

This is the kind of band we are.

One of our members left.

And of course, at that time as well, it was something all six of us discussed and decided.

Then, NIKA-kun joined.

Once again there were six of us, and we had reason to look up.

But before making this announcement, there was something that two particular members brought up, and that up until now, all of us had made objections about time and time again.

This time their decision was non-negotiable. There was no time for the rest of us four to consider it, nor any room for us to choose. “What are you thinking at a time like this?” I couldn’t understand it at all. I had no idea what was true anymore.

So I decided to quit.

I told the members how I felt.

And then we decided to disband.

Though regrettable, it can’t be helped.

It may feel like, “What kind of ending is this?”

But there’s no way I could continue with Mix feeling like this.

Although it’s been decided that we will disband, this is a band that I continued with for 10 years, and a band we shared with you all for 10 years.

I want to finish with incredible happiness.

I want to finish with all of us together.

And I want us all to cry together.

I know it’s selfish.

But, I want to be a part of Mix until the very end.

Thank you so much for everything.

[AYA]

Spoiler

I’m sorry that this announcement is so sudden.

Mix Speakers,Inc. will disband on February 25, 2018.

The six of us discussed things numerous times before coming to this conclusion.

I’m truly sorry that we couldn’t keep the many promises we’d made up until now.

Mix Speaker's,Inc. is, to me, my number one band, with all its fun times and difficult times.

This band taught me so many things and made me more mature.

And I’ll never forget the important times we all spent laughing and crying together.

I’m sincerely grateful for these amazing 11 years.

Although we have only a short amount of time left, I’d like to express my gratitude to all the people who have supported us and all the people we’ve met, and I want do my very best.

[keiji]

Spoiler

I’m so sorry that after doing our best for 10 years, this has to be the way it ends.

It’s not because of musical differences or because what we want to pursue has changed.

To be honest, myself included, there were still members among the six of us that wanted to continue on.

I believe the number one cause was that we had different ideas about the band.

Members began doing another band in full swing.

We had huge fights about it. There were those of us that wanted to work hard together as MSI –and MSI only- and those of us that wanted to work hard at both.

Our differences about how we felt about the band only grew as we continued working, and there were members who felt that we could no longer work together.

Although we talked things over again and again, everyone’s opinions and the circumstances around the band remained unchanged.

The band faced numerous critical situations during these 10 years, and each time we were able to overcome them, but this time it just wasn’t possible.

I’m sorry we weren’t strong enough.

Each member has their own opinions, but none of the members are lying when they say they seriously continued doing MSI.

I can’t express just how grateful I am to everyone who has supported us, and because this band was my life’s work, I will never forget the memories we’ve made during these 10 years.

This last tour is a compilation of MSI as a whole, and a compilation of my personal band life.

So although it is selfish for me to ask, I’d be glad if you could come see us one final time.

And, considering what a fun band MSI is, in the very end I want to go out with a smile.

Finally, I love all of you. Sorry, and thank you.

[seek]

Spoiler

We’ve decided to stop activity on February 25, 2018.

I have nothing but gratitude for all the fans that have walked beside us during these long, 11 years.

Thank you for continuing to support us.

During our 11 years of activity, we were able to passionately continue making music and putting on live shows.

Although there were promises we couldn’t fulfill, dreams we couldn’t make come true, and also regrets, I am proud of the fulfilling work we continued doing during this time span of 11 years.

It would make me happy if even just one of our performances, during the remaining time we have together, makes an unforgettable impression on you all.

I’m so glad that I could meet all of you through Mix Speakers,Inc.

Thank you.

[ S. ]

Spoiler

So this is how it ends, huh? This is how I honestly feel.

I really want to keep doing Mix Speakers,Inc, but we can no longer continue on. No matter what form the band took, I wanted to keep going. Keeping Mix Speakers,Inc. going meant everything to me. However, there’s nothing that can be done. I had no choice but to give up.

If we were going to disband, I wanted to be able to say, “We did it all as Mix Speakers,Inc.” and had given it everything we had before disbanding.

Even as I make this announcement, I feel like there’s still so much we could have done. It still feels like we’re halfway there. That’s why I feel so frustrated, so sad, and so hurt.  I can’t think at all.

I can’t yet forgive the members who are fault for creating this situation where Mix Speakers,Inc., the band I put everything I had into, could no longer continue. Nor can I forgive myself for giving up.

Suddenly a day came when we were no longer able to move forward together as a band, as one. Because of this, there were members who cut their ties.

Although we talked things over again and again, we weren’t able to do anything about it.  I made the suggestion, “Can’t we just continue on in whatever way things are?” but it just wasn’t possible.

Although I don’t believe giving up was the only option, I had no choice but to give up. And so, I gave up. Therefore, I can’t bring myself to write anything else. I’m sorry for making you all feel sad. I’m sorry I’m not able to speak with more eloquently.

If there comes a time where I can bring myself to talk about it, I will. I feel that’s my responsibility as a member.

To the band men who are reading this: Please make the most of the happiness that comes with being able to continue on as a band, and really care for them while you’re working hard.

To the fans reading this: Please make the most of the happiness that comes from your favorite bands being active and continuing on, and support them as much as you can.

And finally, to our bangya princesses and bangya princes: I feel nothing but gratitude toward you all. Truly, thank you so much. In light of this, I am truly sorry things turned out this way. Mix Speakers,Inc. will come to an end, but until that day comes, would you please come out to see us? I want to remain as Mix Speakers,Inc.’s S until the very, very end.

AYA posted some follow-up tweets in light of the disbandment announcement, and I felt like this one was particularly relevant:

"What’s next

After MSI’s disbandment was decided, I did a lot of thinking. I thought about retiring, and I also thought about devoting myself entirely to Psycho le Cemu, but I can’t help but still want to keep making my own music.

Nothing has changed about wanting to express myself and I still have much to give.

I’m not sure what form of activity this will take, but I want to create a new place to express myself."

So it seems like regardless of PLC getting back together, AYA didn't want to contain himself to just one outlet of expression. Perhaps seek feels the same way, although he hasn't posted or expressed any thoughts since tweeting about MSI's disbandment announcement.

Edited by jaymee

AGHHH

That's two of my long time favorites in one week!!!

I really liked what they were doing with Nika. In fact I'm very surprised MSI managed to even last a whole ten years. I feel super lucky I got to see them last year, it was one of my favourite lives I've been to. I thought I'd be able to see them at least once more but :sad:

It seems like Miki wanted to quit after their discussion and that's what started the disbandment? If Miki had quit and they had to find someone else to sing alongside Nika, that would've been a very strange situation. I don't think they could find a replacement. It's a shame, but at least they had a long run.

Thanks for the good times.

44 minutes ago, platy said:

It seems like Miki wanted to quit after their discussion and that's what started the disbandment? If Miki had quit and they had to find someone else to sing alongside Nika, that would've been a very strange situation. I don't think they could find a replacement. It's a shame, but at least they had a long run.

Thanks for the good times.

Perhaps. It seems like Miki (and possibly the other members) were upset that AYA and seek decided to do PLC again without giving much regard to the other MSI members' feelings. Perhaps AYA and seek thought this would be OK because they intended to, and were, seriously working hard in both bands. But it seems at least two of the members felt at least a little "betrayed" they were not loyal to just one band.

I feel like if AYA and seek were not slacking in MSI, it's a little selfish of the other members to confine them to one band. Often PLC just got the leftover dates of whatever dates MSI and the other PLC members' other bands weren't playing. Though I imagine there had to be schedule compromises between all the members, it's not like MSI got put on the back burner for PLC.

AYA and seek's dreams have always been to play Budokan, like the rest of PLC. But this will never happen with MSI, even if they both preferred MSI. MSI is just not popular enough. You could say it's selfish for them to want so many things.

Even for PLC, I can't say they'll ever make it there. Maybe it will be harder now since at this point, it's causing huge rifts between fans of one band or the other, or both, on Twitter. Maybe things will get better after the initial shock wears off, though.

Edited by jaymee

If only this meant Kamikaze Boyz would reform...

Anyway, I haven't listened to them since idk, 2008, but it's unfortunate they had to call it quits. They were a talented bunch.

17 minutes ago, jaymee said:

Perhaps. It seems like Miki (and possibly the other members) were upset that AYA and seek decided to do PLC again without giving much regard to the other MSI members' feelings. Perhaps AYA and seek thought this would be OK because they intended to, and were, seriously working hard in both bands. But it seems at least two of the members felt at least a little "betrayed" they were not loyal to just one band.

I feel like if AYA and seek were not slacking in MSI, it's a little selfish of the other members to confine them to one band. Often PLC just got the leftover dates of whatever dates MSI and the other PLC members' other bands weren't playing. Though I imagine there had to be schedule compromises between all the members, it's not like MSI got put on the back burner for PLC.

It definitely feels selfish. I thought it'd be easy for all of them, as musicians, to understand that some people just need more than one way to use their creative energy. Also seek and Aya have always had ties to PLC, way before MSI, so to ask them to give that up and become devoted to one band? 

There must be more to it that, of course, they won't reveal to the public. Maybe they were already feeling the pressure from something else, like Nika mentioning a retirement from music, which added up to the growing stress on the members. If both vocalists then start talking about leaving music, it's kind of impossible for MSI to carry on since that's their thing. 

If you find any more information (or rumours/gossip) I'd really appreciate if you could share since I don't know of anyone else within that fan circle.

10 hours ago, platy said:

It definitely feels selfish. I thought it'd be easy for all of them, as musicians, to understand that some people just need more than one way to use their creative energy. Also seek and Aya have always had ties to PLC, way before MSI, so to ask them to give that up and become devoted to one band? 

There must be more to it that, of course, they won't reveal to the public. Maybe they were already feeling the pressure from something else, like Nika mentioning a retirement from music, which added up to the growing stress on the members. If both vocalists then start talking about leaving music, it's kind of impossible for MSI to carry on since that's their thing. 

If you find any more information (or rumours/gossip) I'd really appreciate if you could share since I don't know of anyone else within that fan circle.

Well, keiji alluded to there being other reasons, but the biggest one in his eyes was the rift occurring because AYA and seek wanted to do both bands and other members didn't see eye to eye on this. I imagine that this was just the icing on some kind of shit cake already going down in MSI lol.

Of course, you can imagine that Tanuki and Twitter is a shit storm of blaming AYA and seek, blaming the other members of MSI, blaming PLC... Hell I even saw a post blaming Daishi for all of this lol.

Some real gems that made me laugh tho:

- "Why the f would NIKA choose to make a comical band like MSI his last?"

- "It's totally because AYA is gong bald." "Dude just how bald is he now? lol"

- "Wtf is up with PLC anyways? What exactly are they trying to achieve just randomly doing stuff here and there?"

- "Sorry MSI fans, there's just more coin to be had in PLC."

- "They're practically the same band, tho. I guess there can only be one elaborate costume band."
- "Damn, AYA and seek's messages come off looking really mature compared to the rest of MSI's members."

- "GD couldn't MSI have just disbanded without the other members starting all this drama?"

- "It can't be helped. AYA and seek really carried the band." "But like wtf is in it for AYA? He's like the least popular member tho?" "Oops, my bad, second to least popular."

Anyways, I'll try to find out if there's any other gossip about other reasons this weekend at PLC's live. I was hoping that there'd be at least a few MSI fans that would decide not to go and I could maybe get a better ticket number, but alas that doesn't seem to be the case so far. It would be hilarious if PLC's live sold out just to spite the MSI member backlash and their fans, tho.

I'm personally with the girl who said this on Twitter:

"I'm a PLC fan to the marrow of my bones. I'll keep supporting both members with everything I have."

Edited by jaymee