Himeaimichu

Karma (ex. AvelCain) new project, "蘭図" (Rands)

listening to this makes me miss avelcain but just as avelcain grew on me rands will probably grow on me as well.

it sounds alright but could sound better if there was better mixing and production, as a few others have mentioned.

nevertheless, i'm interested in seeing where this new direction of karma's will go.

Finally watched the full PV. I wasn't impressed by AvelCain at the time, but this is quite nice! I dig the old-schoolish sound, we need more of bands like this. Karma's voice is something I have to get used to (sounding like a 15 y.o. who just broke down sobbing while he learnt that he's not getting the award for the Kiyoharu Pageant 2019), but I see no problems here. Gonna keep an eye out for these guys.

15 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

@CELESTIAL CIEL  when I first heard AvelCain,I hated Karma's singing,but suddenly i got used to them,and started loving it

so I think we just need time to digest this brand new Karma.At least the whole concept is pretty solid.

yep, same here... it took me a while to realize that avelcain weren't that bad, so i really want to believe that everything is still to come...

now it's official,i'm absolutely in love with this mini.

loved the characteristic 90's guitar tone,and the  riffs are familiar but yet pretty original.the hypnotic and effective bass lines,

the lonely/melancholic atmosphere...even Karma's whiny vocals fits perfectly with the tight and smooth production

the piano as first and last track gave it an elegant touch just like the album artwork,i enjoyed that.

seriously,i didn't expect it to be so accessible and catchy.

(someone create a topic for rands,so we can discuss it freely.)

Edited by Manji 卍

they sound good! living for "炎舞"!!!! i wanna hear this song live!! nice guitar sounds!!!

how Karma can say "Phalaenopsis"??? i can't pronounce that 😂

I was rather skeptic, going in, having heard the previews and Phalaenopsis in it's entirety, but after digesting the whole package, it was really pleasant. Karma's, let's say, unique voice in unison with the great bassist really carried the EP.

This release is killer upon first listen and I can tell it will be a grower still. Good shit. Never listened to Avelcain but I'm into this for sure.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:29 AM, chipathy said:

Ok I caved in and bought the album lol

Same. I think the last VK album I purchased new upon release was Megaromania's Artistical Glint in 2012. Very impressed with these guys.

Kind of shocked they don't seem to be getting much love here.

Edited by Paraph

I gotta give it to Karma. When I first heard the PV, I didn't like the song at all. After listening to the mini several times, I absolutely love it. This is oldschool j-rock made with today's possibilities of recording - clean sounds and such. And their song "Enbu" is an absolute beast to me - I hear so many references there to old-school bands.