Himeaimichu

Karma (ex. AvelCain) new project, "蘭図" (Rands)

so much drama over an average quality song

karma's vocals are really bad (if you watched avelcain dvd you could notice he can't sing a single note for longer than, like, 1 second at best), but they can still sound enjoyable in recordings.

there are some really nice moments in the song, but i can see nothing special here. 

On 1/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, ricchubunny said:

This kind of music mades me hate his voice. It fit well in stuff like PSYCHO, but in this song it sounds awful.

One of the most overrated vocalists in the whole scene lol

Even the fans of avelcain know he can’t sing and the band can’t play.

I don’t like the song but it gave me this huge nostalgia feeling, It feels like I’m in 2001 trading songs with some Japanese gal in WinMx and My precious rarez got scammed with some unknown 90s indie bands. I think karma pretty successfully capture that 90s vkei generics sound.

Edited by deadman

Pretty telling how people dislike it because it involves Karma, but since it's not br00tal and AvelCain-ish enough it's regarded the worst of all (even tough AvelCain was even shittier, since additional to sucky vocals no one could write or play instruments).

The same people however praise nostalgic indie shit like La'veil Mizeria to the heavens, despite Kikyo being just as incompetent in holding his notes. If this band had some no1curr vocalist people would be creaming themselves, yelling "true saviors of Visual kei!".

5 hours ago, deadman said:

I think karma pretty successfully capture that 90s vkei generics sound.

I think her nostalgia for an era when she would've had absolutely no chances of taking off is very cute ❤️

17 hours ago, Ikna said:

Pretty telling how people dislike it because it involves Karma, but since it's not br00tal and AvelCain-ish enough it's regarded the worst of all (even tough AvelCain was even shittier, since additional to sucky vocals no one could write or play instruments).

The same people however praise nostalgic indie shit like La'veil Mizeria to the heavens, despite Kikyo being just as incompetent in holding his notes. If this band had some no1curr vocalist people would be creaming themselves, yelling "true saviors of Visual kei!".

AvelCain was a band with good moments in a largely forgettable discography, and those moments were when they managed to sound somewhat like a band and still retain that spirit. The problem wasn't that they were raw or something ( although the general consensus on MH is still that if a vocalist wouldn't be up to scratch competing in American Idol, he's probably shit and certainly not something one could be playing to their friends and relatives, ) but that they could barely even decide on a sound between all the chinese restaurant ost gimmicks, nu metal riffs and vaguely old school ballads and freak outs; and all of this exploration was being done with minimal musicianship while still insisting on having a clean studio sound ( which sounded awful to the point of almost being reminiscent of western vk production ) and making defined songs instead of bursts of noise which they probably should've been doing instead. For every Psycho and ID they had an ocean of mediocrity that Karma's lifestyle performance art took a level above. Idk what's the totality of their composition credits but I wouldn't be surprised if everything they made themselves was shit. 

This project sounds like he's finally going for something, a sound with a concise aesthetic and the influences he's working with here definitely mean that this is in the right side of history even if it isn't the best thing going 

so poseurs leave the hall. 

Edited by Disposable

instead of sounding like emo yukki...he just sounds like yuuki. This isn't bad..? it's just boring compared to what kind of stuff karma used to do , also that mixing is horrendous. Thats one hype train derailed.

I honestly didn't mind it, it wasn't unpleasant to listen to, just a tad generic. I liked it nevertheless!

Also, not sure if it's just my headphones but are the vocals a bit quiet for everyone else?

10 hours ago, Disposable said:

AvelCain was a band with good moments in a largely forgettable discography, and those moments were when they managed to sound somewhat like a band and still retain that spirit. The problem wasn't that they were raw or something ( although the general consensus on MH is still that if a vocalist wouldn't be up to scratch competing in American Idol, he's probably shit and certainly not something one could be playing to their friends and relatives, ) but that they could barely even decide on a sound between all the chinese restaurant ost gimmicks, nu metal riffs and vaguely old school ballads and freak outs; and all of this exploration was being done with minimal musicianship while still insisting on having a clean studio sound ( which sounded awful to the point of almost being reminiscent of western vk production ) and making defined songs instead of bursts of noise which they probably should've been doing instead. For every Psycho and ID they had an ocean of mediocrity that Karma's lifestyle performance art took a level above. Idk what's the totality of their composition credits but I wouldn't be surprised if everything they made themselves was shit. 

This project sounds like he's finally going for something, a sound with a concise aesthetic and the influences he's working with here definitely mean that this is in the right side of history even if it isn't the best thing going 

so poseurs leave the hall. 

as long as she's not wheezing "light my fire behbayyy!!!!!" while rocking an office intern cut and vans it's all love