Himeaimichu

Karma (ex. AvelCain) new project, "蘭図" (Rands)

Heres to wishing eve was composing all of these songs. Also i don't feel like Karma won't scream as much here wich is sad but meh

1 hour ago, emmny said:

Am I the only person who likes this? The 90's vibes are so nice and refreshing considering basically every revival band is dying but at least karma's taking a stab at the 90's nagoya sound. Production is really dull for sure but I don't doubt karma could turn these songs into some sad post-punk dirge onstage and give the fangirls ALL the emo vibes

Nope you are not the only one who like this, like you said the 90's vibes is really refreshing that change of all this new band who do djent-kei or brootal kei, impatient to hear the full versions of the songs coz is hard to have a final judgement with only few secs of the music.

I really don't understand "the hate" against this band, I was expecting something much worse after read all the comments

Hm I liked less tracks than I thought I would still it’s not as worse as i thought after reading the comments and I mean it might turn out great in full vesion? 

Looking forward to where this will go :) 

I fucking love it. From the comments here I was so sure this would be him doing the same bullshit sellout routine everyone seems to be doing, but to my surprise it's Karma's attempt at the more Luna Sea influenced 90's style in the same cruddy way I've come to love him for. He's such a fucking boy I don't know why I ever doubted him. 

I love this as well, I bet it will sound better released, or they will get better production in the future. Interesting how no one is talking about his solo acoustic single release and how fucking incredible that was?

5 hours ago, Floogurt said:

I love this as well, I bet it will sound better released, or they will get better production in the future. Interesting how no one is talking about his solo acoustic single release and how fucking incredible that was?

okay now THATS a reach, that song was boring af. +4 on hoping the full versions sound better on this though, previews are tricky.

I don't understand why people want this to sound like eve's avelcain, no one in ex-avelcain will sound like avelcain bc avelcain WAS eve. If you want avelcain v2, either listen to old lycaon or eve's new band. At this point, you'll have to assume everyone's shit post-avelcain will be totally different, since we barely got to see the true talent of the members (if any) or their musical interests. Eve has a bit of a boner for early 2000's stuff, so its nice Karma's also an old school fan, seems they had that in common. Also going from an overproduced gimmick to something more genuine for Karma is pretty exciting--assuming he actually has some say in this band, which I feel he does.

Edited by emmny

The more I listen the preview more I like the songs and get used to his vocals. It's kinda dreamy, I'm vibing with that all. Not sure if I'll miss the AvelCain agressivity

Edited by Manji 卍

I don't mind this at all.  Most of these previews sound very similar to me but I really like the way the instruments are sounding.  Karma just sounds like Karma, I think this is how he always sounded.  I wasn't expecting him to sound differently and I'm kind of glad that he doesn't.  I'm much more excited for this band now

17 hours ago, suji said:

I love how 90s sounding this is (especially Deep Inside), but what kills it for me is that whiney voice and lack of oomph in the production. I hope they improve after this release.

and of course it's growing on me. my critique still stands tho, but I'll still check it out if it leaks.

I really want to know who wrote the instrumentals, some songs sound amazing - (dont mind that some riffs are just bluntly copied from 90's bands songs since i've love that sound (similar to 90's Luna Sea)). If the band wrote the songs and not a producer like in AvelCain im really impressed/suprised!

Somehow some songs seem louder/different produced than others (2-4 compared to 5-7)? For me, it sounds sometimes like some random sad drunk dude sings crooked over a karaoke after a nomihoudai, while in others he actually sounds good when hes trying to catch that 90's singing style?

Im positively surpised and look forward to it. But worried if they can play these songs live knowing how AvelCain members sometimes couldnt play simple power chords and this seems much more complex (sure, except the singer, the members are differnt this time)... Lets hope for the best and they could actually get far imo.

R eally hoping karma doesn't stop his screaming 

Edited by Aferni

yeah, I don't think the problem is the music per se, but it's the mixing/production. it sounds muddled, loud, cheap and messy at the same time. I'd probably like it had they had more money to put into their recording process.

my biggest problem with those snippets is the complete lack of a wow-factor so far tbh.

considering indie VK bands rarely actually ~evolve with their sound past the debut, opting out to milk their initial concept to death and back for a couple album cycles if they're lucky enough, and considering avelcain ended on a stale note, this is not it.

whoever  @their new record label who noted some similarities between karma's sanging pitch and kiyoharu's brand of bleating and decided to imitate k's legacy sound for this project also evidently forgot that the latter is actually a good composer, which is a virtue that hysteric jisatsu chanteuse is not gifted with x

i fucking thought the same exact thing lmao i was about to lose it if i had to hear that chorus 2 or 3 more times before the song actually finishes, but overall not bad i suppose 

A R T S Y

Quite interesting that Karma is credited as a composer of the song. And the overall video idea is his as well.

The song is not my cup of tea, and the video seems pretentious but it's quite good and pleasent to watch.

just listened without watching the MV

and it's not tooo far from what AvelCain used to do on it's b-side tracks

honestly i was waiting for something not so br00tal,but more like the stuff below,so i'm pleased