Himeaimichu

Karma (ex. AvelCain) new project, "蘭図" (Rands)

22 hours ago, RickBuch said:

Love that old school Kiyoharu reference 🙂

C0B6BDD5372-thumbnail2.jpg?d=a0

I will be so disappointed if it doesn't sound like 中絶 : (

11 hours ago, hyura said:

I will be so disappointed if it doesn't sound like 中絶 : (

I'am expecting something more "Romance of Scarlet", just a feeling...

But it would be so good if it sound like  中絶

On 10/1/2018 at 4:06 PM, Shaolan974 said:

[tracklist]

1.Inferiority Complex
2.Phalaenopsis
3.Deep Inside
4.Lolita
5.Mother
6.神経衰弱
7.炎舞
8.Narcissism

This weekend is already miles away, how can I wait for this until January ........
ev2u9.jpg

hopefully they'll drop a MV or one of the tracks in december

Karma looks so mature now  compared to his past looks with the eye-patch

Edited by Manji 卍

I am a huge fan of AvelCain so i was very excited about that band but what is that, seriously ?? I am so disappointed... Karma what are you doing, this is so boring... i was expecting much better ;_;

I think the trailer is a little boring, but overall I still think it will be great. The trailer seems to cut the songs short right when they get interesting.  Having Karma back is amazing , and if it is what he wants to make and is happy, I'm all for it. I'm sure we will hear some different music from them soon. Let's just be thankful this isn't a Tsuzuku/Koichi situation.

Has his voice always sounded so... whiney and bored at the same time? lol, kinda weird. I dig most of the instrumentals tho, giving me that early '90s vibe (except for the ridiculously plastic-y production that sucks the life out of it all).

Edited by Jigsaw9

and here goes all my excitement...

AvelCain had some AMAZING ballads so a calmer album wouldn't be a big issue for me but this just lacks something - so no thanks.

24 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Has his voice always sounded so... whiney and bored at the same time?

there's something new about the bolded thing, some of those tracks literally sound like they were recorded through a clonazepam comedown

whiney is the entire late avelcain, yes

...meh

well as far as i know eve is not working with them, so they couldn't sound like avelcain from the start, but it still sounds a bit disappointing.

that lolita song sounds rather dark and cute though. so i think i'll give them a try

I love how 90s sounding this is (especially Deep Inside), but what kills it for me is that whiney voice and lack of oomph in the production. I hope they improve after this release.

The idea was good. Trying to create that 90's atmosphere,nice minimalist and catchy instrumental work,but as many of you noticed,the problem is Karma's voice or at least the way it was mixed. Seems like he didn't improve that much compared to AvelCain era and his whiney singing is completely perceptible here,which is annoying. 

music this bland should be a crime coupled with cover art that good, comparisons to Plastic Tree are warranted (as long as we're referring to the equally boring and soulless nu-Plastic Tree, and not their actual good stuff from before)

Am I the only person who likes this? The 90's vibes are so nice and refreshing considering basically every revival band is dying but at least karma's taking a stab at the 90's nagoya sound. Production is really dull for sure but I don't doubt karma could turn these songs into some sad post-punk dirge onstage and give the fangirls ALL the emo vibes