The Piass

the GazettE new album, "NINTH" release

Okay I don't see them in France ... because the date  and I am not free. 🙁

5 hours ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

Might just go to Vancouver, but according to the venue, they have Ballet that night. Unless they plan to do a weird mash up?

i was wondering this too, i think there might have been an oopsie and maybe they meant the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Toronto...

so uh yeah pretty sure the canada date is actually in toronto since eventbrite just let me buy VIP tickets for queen elizabeth theatre.... toronto............🤔

13 hours ago, suji said:

WAT THEY'RE GONNA BE IN DALLAS??????

That was my exact reaction!!!! 😂😭 They usually just go to LA, NY, and Chicago/Seattle. I’m surprised they’re coming back to Dallas!!!

2 hours ago, cvltic said:

so uh yeah pretty sure the canada date is actually in toronto since eventbrite just let me buy VIP tickets for queen elizabeth theatre.... toronto............🤔

Eh, either way, I have to fly. But at least Toronto is fewer Air Miles than Vancouver. And now, with Book Off Vancouver closed, there's no other reason for me to prefer Vancouver over Toronto.

3 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

Hmmm. I'm curious if I should go and see them on this tour. I've really only liked their new, darker stuff and I wonder what their setlists will look like given they don't come to these countries often/ever.

i guarantee theyll be playing most if not all of Ninth, as for the rest of the set im kind of hoping for some of their classics but i imagine therell also be a couple of stuff from dogma to round out the setlist 

57 minutes ago, chipathy said:

i guarantee theyll be playing most if not all of Ninth, as for the rest of the set im kind of hoping for some of their classics but i imagine therell also be a couple of stuff from dogma to round out the setlist 

That's good, since I gave up with them after Hyena and only started caring again when DOGMA released.

Checking up on tickets, it seems they range from $50 USD to $200 USD where I am ... and they're not even on sale yet.

54 minutes ago, libertine said:

The setlist will be 16-17 tracks, so don't expect there to be much room for surprises. They'll play most of the songs from Ninth and then mix in a few tracks from previous records. Headache Man, Cockroach and/or Filth in the Beauty in the main set. A couple of safe picks from the newer records. We'll know which ones after 2-3 stops into the tour. High chance of Akai One Piece, Ruder, Linda or Kantou Dogeza at the end. All in all, they'll play a good show, but you'll go home thinking it ended way too soon and wondering what it'd be like if they played literally anything unexpected.

Edit: Someone just wrote in the Dir en Grey thread about the CD Japan Top 100 Annual Chart. The top 10 is still unannounced, but I think it's already safe to say Ninth is on there.

You never know, on the World Tour 2016 they played Chizuru and everyone was SHOOK!

I think we’ve got a chance of hearing a track or two from NIL judging from Phase 02 setlists, in particular ‘Namaatatakai ame to zaratsuita jounetsu’ has been performed most sets, so I hope we get to hear that! 

In the Dogma tour for NY, we got some surprises: Suicide Circus, Filth in the Beauty, but we got some blah songs too Tomorrow Never Dies, Venemous Spider's Web, Fadeless...so I think we'll get something similar. Ninth and Dogma songs mostly, 2 surprises, 2-3 blah songs. All I know is that if I pay 200 bucks again, I better not just get a handshake at the end of the night. I need autographs this time dammit. 

But anybody want to meet in NY!? I usually like to go to NY in the morning and then spend the day roaming around before whatever event I'm going to that night. 

completely confused as to why they booked a seated venue for toronto like...wtf....

guess they can charge more per ticket this way ;)

toronto lets meet up and go drinkin @cvltic cough cough

15 hours ago, libertine said:

I guess being surprised is just a very subjective experience. Especially when not everyone studies the previous setlists :D. It's good that not everyone is as cynical as me. I just wish they'd pull one oldie like Wife, Ito, Sentimental Na Onigokko, Anata no Tame no Kono Inochi or Zakurogata no Yuuutsu from their back pocket. A track like that would surely make the tour special even if the set is otherwise short and predictable.

Anyone know what's up with the international tour set lengths? In 2007-2008 it felt like a given that a band with a decent amount of good songs under their belt would give their European audiences the same length sets as in Japan (usually around 20 songs, a few more at tour finales). Gazette, Dir en Grey and MUCC all did 20 track sets in 2007. Girugamesh (2008), the absolute madmen, did a 21 track main set and 1 track encore. It was dope and you felt like you'd had the complete experience. Then, a year or two later, all these bands come back, make the tickets more expensive and only play 16 or 17 tracks. Why? Did they all suddenly realize that the travelling was too much to handle when you played a full set? Or are they in a hurry to sample all the local beers?

This is an interesting phenomenon and the fault is probs in the management or something because the policy seems to have been collectively realised and put to action by all these bands ( Although Girugamesh and D'espairsray played aprox 20 songs a set during the last EU tours. ) Comparing the Gazette sets from 2007 and 2013/2016 is like night and day when the former is being treated like an actual show on the tour while the latter had already become a stumped sampler on the way back to the hotel. 

Last time I held out hope for something interesting but by now it's long gone. TOMORROW NEVER DIES will cap it off a phlegmatic performance and the world will be all the worse for it. 

On 12/25/2018 at 12:40 AM, jduv86 said:

All I know is that if I pay 200 bucks again, I better not just get a handshake at the end of the night. I need autographs this time dammit. 

But anybody want to meet in NY!? I usually like to go to NY in the morning and then spend the day roaming around before whatever event I'm going to that night. 

I wouldn't count ourselves lucky. After looking at the listings for VIP it seems that it's gonna be the same meet/greet, early access to merch, and gift (probably a shirt again haha). Aside from getting first dibs on merch, it honestly made no difference getting early access to the concert as people were doing what they always do and thats rush to the front of the stage. So I might just stick with general admission this time. 

Oh and I'm down to hang beforehand. I'll be there the weekend beforehand vacationing a bit. Maybe if @Ro plz ends up going again as well we can attempt an actual MH meetup this time lol.