The Piass

the GazettE new album, "NINTH" release

2 hours ago, Ro plz said:

The key songs that i enjoyed sound fresh but even so...they ain't sticking, bro.

Not disagreeing with you, but the complete 180 threw me off. 

5 hours ago, emmny said:

utsusemi was one of the best tracks, GIVE AOI MORE CREATIVE FREEDOM

Yes, but I believe he also wrote the snoozefest ballad, so watch it. 

5 hours ago, Saishu said:

Are writing credits listed in the liner notes? I haven’t even looked. 

Just says "all music written by the GazettE" and it's always been that way. Individual composition credits come from interviews I think

4 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Pull out the album cover from the CD case, it'll be a booklet with lyrics, pictures and info :)

Doesn’t give writing credit to anyone other than Ruki for the lyrics. 

1 hour ago, Kiryu999 said:

NINTH sold 17 756 copies on its first week and ranked 3 on the top oricon.

In comparison, DOGMA sold around 18 000 on the first week it was released

Probably due to the sheer difference in marketing 

5 hours ago, Saishu said:

Doesn’t give writing credit to anyone other than Ruki for the lyrics. 

It says Ruki wrote the lyrics and The Gazette as a whole wrote the music, I'm not sure then XD 

1 hour ago, Kiryu999 said:

NINTH sold 17 756 copies on its first week and ranked 3 on the top oricon.

In comparison, DOGMA sold around 18 000 on the first week it was released

Considering how much more advertisement Dogma got compared to Ninth, I think 17700 copies is pretty good

So this now makes it their worst selling major album.

I wish I knew how and why their sales from DIM to TOXIC sunk as much as they did, because they were probably lowkey positioning themselves for that SID & L'arc spot with the dome show and anime OP. Before anyone says it's the quality of the music they should know that has literally never mattered when the bands on top are L'arc ( numerous years if not two decades since last decent release ) and SID ( never released anything good, unique or groundbreaking outside of like their fucking first single or something ) 

I guess it's around what they expected for it to sell.

considering the best thing about it is the bluray/DVD bundle, and Ruki hyping his clothing label waaaay harder than their music over the entire past year, and the delay to summer vs. spring (whereas it's not a summer-sounding album at all), it all sort of comes together.

I hope they release the next album by next autumn at this rate and make it all gloom tbh.

33 minutes ago, Disposable said:

Before anyone says it's the quality of the music they should know that has literally never mattered when the bands on top are L'arc ( numerous years if not two decades since last decent release ) and SID ( never released anything good, unique or groundbreaking outside of like their fucking first single or something ) 

I mean l'arc are basically scammed of all their CD revenue by their label management so who cares, and SID really snatched that entire play-it-safe mainstream mediocre VK niche that japan throws their moneys at (it's like nightmare, but even more generic and tepid), gzt are too edgy for average office girl to stan.

Edited by nekkichi

I wonder if there will be more releases since the first tour says Phase #01 - Phenomenon. Maybe that's just referring to the different sets of lives, though.

Did anyone else notice that 99.999 is basically a medley of all their album intros except DISORDER and DIVISION?

I can see why they left out DIVISION, because it is rather two mini-albums. But I see no reason to keep DISORDER out of it.

He just could have said "disorder" once. Don't they like their first album?

23 minutes ago, 遠隔-silence- said:

He just could have said "disorder" once. Don't they like their first album?

He might have said "disorder", but who would understand his accent tbh? 

Hah, neat! I never noticed that. :D 

They might have left out the DISORDER reference because technically they were still called ガゼット at that time (or at least that's my theory).

Yeah, the intro mash up was discussed elsewhere. 

But do we know for sure that some intros are missing? It’s such a clusterfuck of noise who can actually tell? Also, Division is still a single disc album, only the limited edition is split into two discs. So whatever intro they used for the regular version could be in there.