The Piass

the GazettE new album, "NINTH" release

30 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Hopefully it's just been because of the moving of the warehouse, it's still unfair to treat loyal customers this way with minimal explanations 

Didn't know about the warehouse change.

Well anyways, I actually got mine in the evening yesterday from CDJapan.

Unfinished ends on a fade out. How clever. Still a banging song though. 

As of right now I’ll say Ninth has more variety than Dogma, but I’m not necessarily sure if I like it more than Dogma. Utsusemi is strong as fuck, and when Uragiri Bero turns into late 90s VK for a second with Uruha doing the old school “flicka flicka” guitar thing, that makes that entire song. At 43 minutes it’s also easier to digest than the average Gazette album, so that works on its favor too. Overall though, yeah, a lot of this is typical Gazette. 

36 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Didn't know about the warehouse change.

Well anyways, I actually got mine in the evening yesterday from CDJapan.

I feel like I'm being a dick for being so angry about it but its the fact I pre-ordered on announcement, and that I paid extra for it to get here today.

I'll end up watching a rip of the live DVD before I even get mine 

Edited by TheZigzagoon

SONGS I LIKE

Utsusemi

Uragiri Bero

Unfinished 

(all the “u” tracks apparently)

SONGS I DO NOT LIKE

Gush

Babylon’s Taboo

Two of a Kind

Abhor God

Everything else just is what it is. 

16 minutes ago, Saishu said:

SONGS I LIKE

Uragiri Bero

る = 'ru', not 'ri'

It could either be "Uragiru Shita" or "Uragiru Bero" but I don't know for sure. I'm leaning more towards the former.

Oddly enough, the softer tracks I found to be the weakest on this album. Especially "Unfinished" which really brings the album down back into that cheesy pop-punk aesthetic the band -- for some reason -- insists on.

10 minutes ago, geist said:

る = 'ru', not 'ri'

It could either be "Uragiru Shita" or "Uragiru Bero" but I don't know for sure. I'm leaning more towards the former.

Oddly enough, the softer tracks I found to be the weakest on this album. Especially "Unfinished" which really brings the album down back into that cheesy pop-punk aesthetic the band -- for some reason -- insists on.

Title was confirmed as Uragiru bero in the radio show.

ラジオ番組『BUZZ ROCK』(FM OH!)の5月28日放送回では「その声は脆く」(ソノコエハモロク)(7曲目収録)、『REDNIQS』(FM802)の6月4日放送回では「裏切る舌」(ウラギルベロ)がそれぞれ先行オンエアされる。

“U” is next to “i” and even in 2018 I struggle with touch screen keyboards. As for “bero”, I’m just going by what’s on US iTunes. 

I don’t like some of the heaviest tracks because they sound so much like other heavy Gazette tracks. And despite Ruki’s vocal skills, I don’t think he’s that creative with melodies or phrasing, so it’s usually his fault when a song sounds just like another Gazette song. 

4 minutes ago, akiko said:

Title was confirmed as Uragiru bero in the radio show.

ラジオ番組『BUZZ ROCK』(FM OH!)の5月28日放送回では「その声は脆く」(ソノコエハモロク)(7曲目収録)、『REDNIQS』(FM802)の6月4日放送回では「裏切る舌」(ウラギルベロ)がそれぞれ先行オンエアされる。

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. Japanese is certainly a fun language and for new speakers like myself, I find myself sometimes playing a guessing game over things like this. 

First listen through it feels like an album that is lacking stand out tracks like Dogma. Like nothing feels  like the "one" song to sell the album. That being said, I'm f*cking feel this. It's nothing that reinvents the wheel, but there is no doubt that when Gazette are in their element, they make some sh*t you have to bang your head too. It feels like all their years of their music coming together on this album. I will give a more in depth review later. but upon listening the first time my faves are:

Ninth Odd Smell, The Mortal, Two of a Kind, and Abhor God.

6 hours ago, geist said:

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. Japanese is certainly a fun language and for new speakers like myself, I find myself sometimes playing a guessing game over things like this. 

Actually you are correct. The most common way to read it would be uragiru shita, 舌 is not even read bero. Bero does however mean tongue as well and is usually (always) written in katakana. Which also makes it clear why they had to write out that it's supposed to be read bero because most Japanese people would likely also read it uragiru shita. 

Anyway, nice to have that cleared up. Still haven't listened to the album but I'll give it a spin tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Ozileras10 said:

Utsusemi is an Aoi song

the rest are Ruki’s and Uruha’s as far as we know

I had a feeling. The Aoi songs tend to be my favorite. 

Did he write Grudge?

56 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I had a feeling. The Aoi songs tend to be my favorite. 

Did he write Grudge?

Yep, he did compose Grudge!

Edited by Ozileras10

Looking at other people's reviews, it seems like NINTH is like BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY with more variation in the tracks and no standouts.

16 minutes ago, Nagisa said:

Looking at other people's reviews, it seems like NINTH is like BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY with more variation in the tracks and no standouts.

I would go as far as to say that Beautiful Deformity might have sounded they even on its release, it had way more variety than DOGMA or NINTH. The ballads and IN BLOSSOM might even be a little underrated in the gazette ouvre. 

On 6/13/2018 at 12:38 PM, geist said:

Lol, Ruki whispers “bero” at the beginning. I just noticed. 

Lemme just pull up the tweets I have addressing my opinions on NINTH. 

Ima keep it a buck with y’all...I ain’t feeling NINTH minus a few key tracks. I can see the effort that the GazettE (or Ruki) put forward in terms of how different the song structures are and how varied Aoi and Uruha’s guitar parts are. This is like A 5 dollar Beautiful Deformity. DOGMA and the two singles after it, despite its flaws Is still the superior album in this post DIM era. 

This shit is forgettable tbh but the GazettE is an inconsistent band and I didn't come into this expecting something groundbreaking. W/e maybe this album will grow on me once they drop the live. 

Edited by Ro plz

I listened the album and it's very well produced. I'm amazed about how good they're structuring their albums. I'm gonna keep listening some of the songs for a long time! I don't even like The GazettE usually, but this time I gave them a chance and I'm not dissapointed!

4 hours ago, Saishu said:

So much for that fresh sound 

The key songs that i enjoyed sound fresh but even so...they ain't sticking, bro.