The Piass

the GazettE new album, "NINTH" release

35 minutes ago, diryangrey said:

...does this mean i'm the only person who thinks Ganges & Namaatatakai Ame are by far the best songs they've ever done

I love Namaatatakai, it's the only good jazzy song they've ever done imo 

Ganges is a good song, imo. One of the few jazzy songs I'd listen here and there. But It made me take a closer look on their disco, and it made me see that NINTH is probably not gonna be for me.

Disorder to NIL to STACKED RUBBISH is the clear transition of a sucessful indie vk band to a mainstream angry-teenage pleaser sound. Then they drop DIM, which is a much more mature venture than everything they've done before, and still is their peak for a lot of people.

Then they release the shitstain that is TOXIC, FILLED with tracks for that teenager above that thought DIM was too heavy, gets barely listenable in one of the sides of DIVISION and keep up with the mediocrity in BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY. And out of nowhere they blow several people's minds with DOGMA.

There's a pattern there, it's like they keep going for a cycle of trying to appease the masses between conceptual works. The same way I think TOXIC is more conceptually closer to STACKED RUBBISH than it is to DIM, I believe NINTH will be more akin to BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY than DOGMA. which is SAD AS FUCK.

Edited by chemicalpictures

I don't think BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY was that bad. It was certainly better than TOXIC and DIVISION. There were a lot of tracks I liked (more than on DOGMA actually) but nothing that really blows you away like DOGMA or UNDYING. I don't think that means it was a bad album, though. 

I find Division to be the most enjoyable out of the weird 2011-2013 period, mostly because it feels less bloated than Toxic and Beautiful Deformity. Also, it has Yoin, which is one of Gazette’s best songs. Period. 

I’m sure Toxic’s songs work best in a live setting, but I’m pretty much yawning by the time Devil In My Bed rolls around. Beautiful Deformity sounds like the leftovers from Division, and considering how often they were squeezing material out at the time, that’s entirely plausible. 

I’m expecting Ninth to be more varied than Dogma, but whether or not the songwriting is on par I cannot say. 

Any guesses as to what the "NINTH Reference Book" is? I'm kind of tempted to order it since the price seems pretty reasonable.

Some guys here seem to despise so much TOXIC, DIVISION and DEFORMITY. These albums are  absolutely good albums, DEFORMITY in particular has some very forgettable tracks,but that's a damn good album.

If yall wanna discuss more about Gazette that's NOT about the album, here's the artist thread:

Putting this here as to not let this thread get any more cluttered...

length of the songs :

99.999 1:17

Falling 3:48

Ninth Odd Smell 3:23

Gush 3:27

The Mortal 4:04

虚 蜩 3:47

その声は脆く 5:02

Babylon's Taboo 3:35

裏切る舌 3:30

Two of a Kind 4:00

Abhor God 2:58

Unfinished 3:51

Edited by Kiryu999

I gave up on hoping for long songs haha. It appears I should give up on hoping they don’t throw in intro tracks as well, that seems to be a thing RUKI won’t stop doing

This album is gonna be roughly 42 minutes long? Damn, that might be their shortest full-length.

While I am expecting something great, I’m not expecting any surprises. IIRC they didn’t even start writing the album until after they announced it

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

42 minutes is fine. CDs hold about 80 minutes of music, but that doesn’t mean they should. 

same here.

id rather have punchy and packed short songs than 7 minutes of lazy and clumsiness.

This seems to be in the continuum Kago no sanagi and Kagefumi, so no wonder it's not well received ( comparisons to BD I find off the mark, although then again most gazette is always relatively the same so people are able to see what they want to. ) Not going to lie I don't care for it either, and Ruki is really coasting there compared to the hooks in FALLING. Hype for this album just went down a notch, and I'm bracing myself for the same ol' I've gotten pretty bored of since I checked out of the fandom an year or two back. 

I tend to like GazettE's ballads, but I don't get why they think it's a good idea to tease the new album with one. Doesn't really build on the FALLING hype more than it does take away from it.

They definitely love doing live tracks like this.the fans are going to have fun with this one.even in such a bad quality you can notice how good Ruki's clean vocals are,and that falsetto is to die for. 

Edited by Manji 卍

the low audio quality almost makes it sound like something from their indies days lmao