The Piass

the GazettE new album, "NINTH" release

3 hours ago, jduv86 said:

Kind of reminds me of Nakigahara and DIM Scene. I'm getting DIM album vibes from this. Not bad. I feel it goes by quickly so that's a plus because overall the song isn't really that interesting. It's a decent song. I'm still hyped for this album. It's already showing more versatility than Dogma.

If it was anything like those two songs I would like it. 

BORING.

Say what you wanna about DOGMA, but this song doesn't come anywhere near OMINOUS

by the way, I always get so confused when people mention DOGMA. Are they talking about the song DOGMA, or the album as a whole? because I do agree it has some weak tracks here and there, but the song DOGMA, composition-wise, is miles ahead most of the shit they release. Hell, most of the shit VK has produced in the decade. The way the verse, bridge and chorus are structured there is very very clever. the whole dark age project, despite its lows, is the most concise shit I've seen in a mainstream band in a good while

Edited by chemicalpictures

1 hour ago, chemicalpictures said:

BORING.

Say what you wanna about DOGMA, but this song doesn't come anywhere near OMINOUS

by the way, I always get so confused when people mention DOGMA. Are they talking about the song DOGMA, or the album as a whole? because I do agree it has some weak tracks here and there, but the song DOGMA, composition-wise, is miles ahead most of the shit they release. Hell, most of the shit VK has produced in the decade. The way the verse, bridge and chorus are structured there is very very clever. the whole dark age project, despite its lows, is the most concise shit I've seen in a mainstream band in a good while

Dogma, the song, is fucking brilliant in how it’s composed. It’s always moving forward and doesn’t follow the standard song structure. I think maybe one early riff gets repeated in a later section? I’d definitely take more songs like Dogma and Undying from these guys. 

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

Dogma, the song, is fucking brilliant in how it’s composed. It’s always moving forward and doesn’t follow the standard song structure. I think maybe one early riff gets repeated in a later section? I’d definitely take more songs like Dogma and Undying from these guys. 

Definitely! I've always gave that song way too many credit, as I'm sure european industrial metal has probably done several times before, but speaking of VK, I couldn't find a similar example anywhere (maaaaybe HEROINE'S 夏秋 share similarities in the way I explain below, but I could be wrong. great song, tho.)

I'd say it's an ABABC structure, but that's kinda simplified. you could stretch it to include pre-chorus, or even not count the chorus as a proper chorus at all, if you take in the idea that the song could be considered of a second intro of the album, or half intro/half song (the way it paves the way and mood to RAGE), if you know what I mean, I think it could be a lot more nuanced. but I'm getting carried away lol, sorry. I do love discussing stuff like this, would love to hear more thoughts!

Edited by chemicalpictures

I’m not sure how I would describe the song structure, because for me there’s no clear distinction what the chorus is. It’s like a collection of different verses. Dir en grey’s Blossoming Beelzebub is also similar in that way where it’s just this constantly shifting piece. The structure is more, I dunno, literary than musical? I’m not sure how to explain it. There’s a beginning, an end, and various acts in between. 

It definitely grew on me, but I still want to listen to it in a decent quality... It's a very classic GazettE ballad, for sure, but it has something that makes it so much better than some other snoozefests (Last Heaven anyone?)

After listen to this new ballad, i'am kind worry this album will be another Beautiful Deformity with 80% good but forgettable songs...

I like the song but They have done better ballads than this one in the past.

Vacant, grudge, goddess and ominous are way better in my opinion.

Edited by Ozileras10

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Okay, so what exactly classified as a ballad? Cuz I mean... Grudge?

None of the one I mentioned are 100% ballads, but they have elements  of a ballad song. The instrumentals are really heavy  but I still consider them ballads. Idk why 

Their ballads, with the exception of the Dark Age ones, have just grown too formulaic, and this is the example. Definitely not a bad song by any means (it would even be great if I didn't hear this kind of a ballad 100 times before), but it's just forgettable.

I dunno, it seems like it was thrown in just to shut up people who were bitching about no ballads in DOGMA. But we'll see when the full album releases...

1 hour ago, Manji 卍 said:

OMINOUS and GODDESS are miles away from this new ballad,indeed.but i think you guys must consider that it won't be easy to come up with something

better than the DOGMA album.

100% agreed. The 2 songs from ninth(falling and the ballad) are not as good as most of the songs on Dogma.they are good but nothing mind blowing.

I hope it will surpass Dogma but I really doubt it.

hopefully the other 10 songs are gonna surprise us

I mean I've always found Gazette ballads to be kinda boring with the exception of D.L.N and Cassis (at a push) 

I dunno, I just think when it comes to heavier stuff it's more them, their ballads always come across as something that's there just to please everyone 

4 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

I think it's time to put their efforts on some nostalgic shit, coming up with some rebel punk,or those jazzy and catchy tracks, something like that.but won't happen anyway

Nope. Anything BUT jazzy tracks. I've been listening to silly god disco and thinking how bad it is, despite it being one of the best vk attempts at the genre. 

I'd totally support a punk comeback but the chances of it happening are 0.01%

12 minutes ago, platy said:

Nope. Anything BUT jazzy tracks. I've been listening to silly god disco and thinking how bad it is, despite it being one of the best vk attempts at the genre. 

I'd totally support a punk comeback but the chances of it happening are 0.01%

I agree that silly god disco is garbage but they have tons of good jazzy tracks besides silly God disco...

Edited by Manji 卍

6 minutes ago, Manji 卍 said:

I agree that silly god disco is garbage but they have tons of good jazzy tracks besides silly God disco...

I disagree, apart from one track in disorder I can't name one jazzy track I won't skip when listening to their discography. But it's just a personal bias, I really hate vk attempts at jazz. 

6 minutes ago, platy said:

I disagree, apart from one track in disorder I can't name one jazzy track I won't skip when listening to their discography. But it's just a personal bias, I really hate vk attempts at jazz. 

It's a matter of personal taste.songs like juuyonsai no knife,gangs ni akai bara,katherine in the trunk,red motel (kinda) and others are pretty good.and D=OUT is a good example of how vk is capable to do good jazzy tracks

11 minutes ago, Manji 卍 said:

It's a matter of personal taste.songs like juuyonsai no knife,gangs ni akai bara,katherine in the trunk,red motel (kinda) and others are pretty good.and D=OUT is a good example of how vk is capable to do good jazzy tracks

True and they're one of my top 3 favorite bands lol. But I dunno, I just don't think it's a sound that suits the gazette. But if they make more songs like that, I'll try to approach with an open mind. 

18 hours ago, Saishu said:

Is Pledge the one that sounds like Guren? They started to blend together after Dim. 

They’ll never top Hana Kotoba. 

Pledge is the one more X Japan "inspired"