The Piass

the GazettE new album, "NINTH" release

4 hours ago, geist said:

The only thing I can really say negative about this tune other than the intro is the band’s reliance on that specific half-step chord progression they play in legitimately every single heavy song they’ve ever done. At 43 seconds in the song it’s as clear as day as the band strums (I believe) G-F#. It’s a staple in most Gazette songs which indicates a lack of originality; but here they play it in a way where at least it’s not 100% identical to the rest of their output, maybe just 90% identical. 

A lot of bands, especially Western metal core bands like Bring Me the Horizon have used that progression before, but I’ve never seen a band rely on it so much as this band. 

This is why I’m at a loss as to why some people think this sounds different from anything else they’ve done. 

Wow they hired a decent translator this time? Even so I prefer not knowing what they're saying lol

8 minutes ago, Axius said:

Im sorry am i the only one who thinks this these limited boxes is a bit expensive $-$.

Limited edition Box B (12000yen) 112 USD

Limited edition Box A (13000yen) 121 USD

GazettE releases haven't been cheap in a very, very long time. They know people will buy regardless of price.  And if they slap "limited" on the title? You can be damn sure it'll be $100+. 

See i love this video is amazing music expected as of the gazette making awesome releases but Im sorry am i the only one who thinks this these limited boxes is a bit expensive $-$.

Also the the falling video just want me to hear the preview a bit more now

36 minutes ago, LIDL said:

^ it’s probably about the suicidal culture in JP

Thanks! But I meant like, does it make sense, is it grammatically correct. 

“We just believe in ouselves to die”

somehow doesn’t feel right in my opinion

after a few more listens i think the song has really grown on me. it still definitely doesn't belong on dogma or even to the dark age (dawn was djenty but in a way that only suited dogma. falling's riffs suit toxic or the latter half of division), but i guess it's a fitting successor and it's catchy af...

2 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

It does make sense grammatically. The interpretation of it, however, is most likely up to the listener :) 

DOGMA presented a strong concept,as a  beginning of a new the gazette,like the transition from stacked rubbish to DIM.And I think it would be better to keep the "dark age" concept, but taking it to another chapter.So judging by the new MV and the new song as a whole, I can almost say that this new album is going to be a "TOXIC-DIVISION-DEFORMITY" ,with tracks way more attractive, and more memorable than those three albums together.

Edited by Manji 卍

23 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

“We just believe in ourselves to die”

Does this line have a meaning? 

Asking as a non native English speaker

Could refer to nihilism. Or that everyone eventually passes away in a long enough time span.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:49 PM, Axius said:

See i love this video is amazing music expected as of the gazette making awesome releases but Im sorry am i the only one who thinks this these limited boxes is a bit expensive $-$.

Also the the falling video just want me to hear the preview a bit more now

Just wait like a year and you can get it on the second hand market for like a third of the original price. Dogma super limited edition is already only like $40 and Division limited edition is practicality worthless at not even $10. 

I'm so excited for this. I'm not going to listen to any songs on the new album until I get my own copy but I'm definitely coming back to this thread to see what other people have to say after I hear it for myself. I did watch the PV though and it didn't really hold my attention like the UGLY PV. I think I've only watched that one twice.

4 hours ago, ghost said:

Just wait like a year and you can get it on the second hand market for like a third of the original price. Dogma super limited edition is already only like $40 and Division limited edition is practicality worthless at not even $10. 

..., that’s tragic :o

On 3/11/2018 at 12:37 AM, Ozileras10 said:

You're quite right, it isn't grammatical. I think what he is probably trying to say is "We believe in our ability to die".

Having listened to the song a few times, I really like it. It doesn't really sound any different from anything they've done before, but sounds more melodic and less chugga-chugga deathcore than Dogma, which I didn't really like and was the first of their albums that I actually found disappointing (though maybe it deserves a reappraisal). So, looking cautiously forward to the new album.

36 minutes ago, johnesh said:
On 3/11/2018 at 1:37 AM, Ozileras10 said:

You're quite right, it isn't grammatical. I think what he is probably trying to say is "We believe in our ability to die".

I knew it.

Something wasn’t t right

Hey, this is actually pretty good, think I'm gonna have to check the full album out once it drops.. 

I kinda feel like the overall aesthetics in the PV kiiinda fit the band better than those of Dogma.

Also, as for the interpretation of that one line in the last couple of posts, it feels somewhat off to me as well, the only interpretation I'm getting out of it is something like 'We believe in ourselves [so that we may eventually die]'.

On 3/10/2018 at 10:41 AM, naimfebruary9 said:

Where to pre order the album?

I pre-ordered it at japan-discoveries.com

On 3/10/2018 at 11:45 PM, platy said:

Wow they hired a decent translator this time? Even so I prefer not knowing what they're saying lol

GazettE releases haven't been cheap in a very, very long time. They know people will buy regardless of price.  And if they slap "limited" on the title? You can be damn sure it'll be $100+. 

The limited boxes of NINTH come with a dvd/bd of their 15th anniversary live too, besides the Falling MV + making of... So I don't think it's ''too'' expensive.

Also, they're not the only band with this kind of prices for this kind of limited album editions x]

Edited by xLIZ4

I like it just fine at this point.  It sounds like a return to the Beautiful Deformity era.  Not my favorite Gazerock era, but it has some punch and hooks, so I'll take it.  I'd like them to experiment with some acoustic ballads again, like Reila, Cassis, or Dark Long Night again, instead of all chuggy rock - Ominous was a good track for the change of pace.  I really like the Dogma release, so I hope the new album stays heavy like that bug tries to get more proggy and experimental as seen in tracks like 13 stairs and Undying.

This is probably a stupid question; but is the NINTH blu-ray region-locked? Probably, right? Are GazettE's other blu-ray releases that way?

1 hour ago, geist said:

This is probably a stupid question; but is the NINTH blu-ray region-locked? Probably, right? Are GazettE's other blu-ray releases that way?

Their releases are not region locked.